What would happen if the currency rates would become static?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
No idea why people think flipping is bad. Flipping involves three people. An eager seller, willing to part with his currency for less than it's value, and an eager buyer willing to pay more than the value for it, and a middle man willing to spend his time dealing with the difference.

The only people butt-hurt by it are people who think they should be able to sell their stuff to the higher paying customer without spending their time on it. Good luck with that.

Upvote
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
webas wrote:

We would make threads titled

"What would happen if the currency rates would not be static?"

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
webas wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

This is truth in it's purest form.
"
Boem wrote:
"
webas wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Is it reportable for having silly signs?
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

Nope, not against the code of conduct.

Peace,

-JohnNamikaze-
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

Nope, not against the code of conduct.

Peace,

-JohnNamikaze-

A shame
Everyone would start using item proxies like SoJs in diablo 2. Instead of something being worth 2ex it would be worth say 2 astramentis amys
Last edited by Pemmin on Feb 25, 2017, 4:53:02 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

This isn't a problem... it's an opportunity. If you really feel put off by trading in Chaos, other people might feel the same. You could be the go-to dude for people who want to trade in alchs instead! Profit!

I actually did quite a lot of that in Breach. I offered Fusings directly for Alterations, Exalts for Divines and some other stuff. On some days made more profit from that than from killing monsters. Still I think the system we players created where you have to go through chaos is often a waste of time. So is the fact that in leagues, it's cheaper to roll things with alchs and scours than with chaos. There's also the issue of new players being put at even more of a disadvantage because they make it to merciless (and thus the chaos recipe) much slower and may not even know the recipe.

I don't mind chaos being the ingame US dollar that every other currency is compared to. But it would save us all a lot of time if there was a "how many chaos is the currency in this trade window worth" display, for example. Because as it stands, if someone doesn't want to pay directly in chaos for an item, both players have to look up the exchange rate and do math in their head.
"
Egalisator wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

This isn't a problem... it's an opportunity. If you really feel put off by trading in Chaos, other people might feel the same. You could be the go-to dude for people who want to trade in alchs instead! Profit!

I actually did quite a lot of that in Breach. I offered Fusings directly for Alterations, Exalts for Divines and some other stuff. On some days made more profit from that than from killing monsters. Still I think the system we players created where you have to go through chaos is often a waste of time. So is the fact that in leagues, it's cheaper to roll things with alchs and scours than with chaos. There's also the issue of new players being put at even more of a disadvantage because they make it to merciless (and thus the chaos recipe) much slower and may not even know the recipe.

I don't mind chaos being the ingame US dollar that every other currency is compared to. But it would save us all a lot of time if there was a "how many chaos is the currency in this trade window worth" display, for example. Because as it stands, if someone doesn't want to pay directly in chaos for an item, both players have to look up the exchange rate and do math in their head.

No they don't. There's dozens of other choices.
"
Boem wrote:
"
webas wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

There are already a lot of recipes in vendors. Buying one currency with another. So.. Why are you not making a thread like that already again?

Bom bom :)
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info