What would happen if the currency rates would become static?

Personally I would really welcome chaos to exalted recipe..I miss the days when ex was 15 to 30c..
"
Bhaaly wrote:
Personally I would really welcome chaos to exalted recipe..I miss the days when ex was 15 to 30c..

Lets say that the market rate is currently 1ex to 60c (I don't actually know the current rate since I haven't played for a while) and they introduce a chaos to exalt recipe for 1ex = 30c.

All that would happen is overnight everything priced in exalts would double in price. You wouldn't actually be able to get anything cheaper.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Bhaaly wrote:

Lets say that the market rate is currently 1ex to 60c (I don't actually know the current rate since I haven't played for a while) and they introduce a chaos to exalt recipe for 1ex = 30c.

All that would happen is overnight everything priced in exalts would double in price. You wouldn't actually be able to get anything cheaper.

Crafting costs would be cut in half on the high end in your hypothetical scenario.
Currently, the only way for most players to accumulate top gear, both unique and rare, is to buy it at some market rate. If GGG wants to make great gear more readily available to the more casual players and thereby increase their experience, they can do so pretty easily.

Five ways to increase player access to great gear:

1. Increase the drop rate of exclusive items
2. Reduce the crafting costs for top tier changes
3. Increase the crafting scope
4. Increase the drop rate for top tier affixes
5. Improve the trading system

None of these would break the game. Each are independent of the others. Such changes could be tied to character level, quests completed, bosses beaten, etc. If GGG wants to increase attention to challenges, it could tie an increase in top tier affix drop rates to completing 15 challenges. It could double gate it by adding the need to complete all tier 11 maps. there are lots of creative ways to allow players to have more control over their QoL experience.

There are certainly other ways to improve player experience, but better gear (crafted or found) is an easy one.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
You have to realize... you don't want them to hand out "top tier" gear. You really don't. You'd be back the next day saying "Why can't we find anything to improve our characters?"
"
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Bhaaly wrote:

Crafting costs would be cut in half on the high end in your hypothetical scenario.

Yeah, this change would be to make exalts more "spammable" currency. Currently average players use it solely for trading purposes and never for crafting.
Crafting gear in PoE is so random that you could use tons of exalts and craft nothing good. Even with essences, where you had 1 option always given it was quite hard. So even If you would make exalt as common as chaos, most of players would buy gear for it anyway, instead trying to craft it.
Posts about currency and trading are often about access to gear. Hence my post. I actually prefer a crafting approach where really good gear could be crafted, over time through leveling, than just better drop rates. What GGG wants, what casual players want, what streamers and flippers want are not the same.

Who benefits from current system? Are there ways to better match the game systems to the benefits desired by the varies constituencies playing?
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Bhaaly wrote:
"
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Yeah, this change would be to make exalts more "spammable" currency. Currently average players use it solely for trading purposes and never for crafting.

Yeah, i wish i could use them but considering they are so stupidly rare i cant "afford" to use them nor any orbs around that rarity. Shame its a trading game more than it is a crafting game. Crafting is fun but not when you cant use the crafting material freely. Meanwhile the traders can afford to spam ex on items as they see fit as all they do is farm high tier maps and bosses and trade the rare loot for ex.
"
Aynix wrote:
Crafting gear in PoE is so random that you could use tons of exalts and craft nothing good. Even with essences, where you had 1 option always given it was quite hard. So even If you would make exalt as common as chaos, most of players would buy gear for it anyway, instead trying to craft it.
Is that a benefit to the game or to the players?
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info