What would happen if the currency rates would become static?

"
sarahaustin wrote:
Meanwhile the traders can afford to spam ex on items as they see fit as all they do is farm high tier maps and bosses and trade the rare loot for ex.

So do the same. Spam high tier maps, sell for ex, craft (you will lose all your ex anyway, you don't have streamers RNG that will allow you to craft 900+ ES Regalia with DUO/TRI res)
"
Aynix wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Meanwhile the traders can afford to spam ex on items as they see fit as all they do is farm high tier maps and bosses and trade the rare loot for ex.

So do the same. Spam high tier maps, sell for ex, craft (you will lose all your ex anyway, you don't have streamers RNG that will allow you to craft 900+ ES Regalia with DUO/TRI res)

The thing is i dont like doing maps. :(
Well... they won't buff drop rate because someone don't want to farm maps.
"
Aynix wrote:
Crafting gear in PoE is so random that you could use tons of exalts and craft nothing good. Even with essences, where you had 1 option always given it was quite hard. So even If you would make exalt as common as chaos, most of players would buy gear for it anyway, instead trying to craft it.

It would be used far more frequently - with exalt as cheap as one chaos, you woudn't hesitate it to use on maps, jewels etc. Yes chances of crafting a good item are quite low and most people would still rather buy items, but this way you could craft more "mediocre" items instead of using exalts to hit that 900+ES regalia. Currently, it is an extremely bad idea to exalt a mediocre item.
It's perfect as it is. Crafting can't be to easy. Anyway looking at current exalt drop rate Im 100% sure they buffed drop rate already (compared to 1-2 years ago)
"
Aynix wrote:
It's perfect as it is. Crafting can't be to easy. Anyway looking at current exalt drop rate Im 100% sure they buffed drop rate already (compared to 1-2 years ago)
Crafting is perfect for whom? Is it perfect because it is difficult? Because it is expensive? Because it is gated behind leveling the Masters?

What in your mind makes the current system so good?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Hmmm could be interesting
PPl who want flip will still flip items and divination cards will become currency lol

"
Aynix wrote:
Crafting is perfect for whom? Is it perfect because it is difficult? Because it is expensive? Because it is gated behind leveling the Masters?

Because of that, If you happen to craft something good it feels great and you are rewarded. If crafting would be as easy as "crafting" nice map it would be just another routine
"meh, I crafted everything, next"
Making crafting way easier is like making Shaper/Uber Atziri way easier. Its one of few "hard" thing in this game left, le't not ruin this...
"
Aynix wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Because of that, If you happen to craft something good it feels great and you are rewarded. If crafting would be as easy as "crafting" nice map it would be just another routine
"meh, I crafted everything, next"
Making crafting way easier is like making Shaper/Uber Atzir, talk in terms of i way easier. Its one of few "hard" thing in this game left, le't not ruin this...
Is it actually hard, or is it just expensive? Most people who talk about crafting great items or getting bricks talk in terms of how much they spent. Is waiting on the RNG to roll what you want a "hard" process?

What if the process was less costly (in terms of currency), but more complicated and complex? What if the process was easier (less expensive), but had more limited rewards?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
It's hard because and expensive. But it's expensive because it's hard. It's not like "I pay 10 ex, you gib me 2 those mods I want". The chance that you will get exactly what you want is very low, that's why it's hard (and due to that, its expensive, since you need to use a lot of currency)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info