What would happen if the currency rates would become static?

We already have static currency in vendors and static but limited daily jewelers -> fuses.. etc..

Wouldnt it be good to make all orbs static? No more flipping. Just convert any orbs in any way you want via vendors. Its already there, just not all currency can be done this way.

UPDATED:

THEORY #1: if currency would be static it would be BUFF TO LIFE(and es) -> people would easier craft top tier life gear :P no more mere 6k life builds!
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last edited by webas on Feb 26, 2017, 4:36:29 PM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 5:01:08 PM
No.
Hmmm, I don't know what game that would be, but it sure wouldn't be Path Of Exile anymore
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
No idea why people think flipping is bad. Flipping involves three people. An eager seller, willing to part with his currency for less than it's value, and an eager buyer willing to pay more than the value for it, and a middle man willing to spend his time dealing with the difference.

The only people butt-hurt by it are people who think they should be able to sell their stuff to the higher paying customer without spending their time on it. Good luck with that.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
No idea why people think flipping is bad. Flipping involves three people. An eager seller, willing to part with his currency for less than it's value, and an eager buyer willing to pay more than the value for it, and a middle man willing to spend his time dealing with the difference.

The only people butt-hurt by it are people who think they should be able to sell their stuff to the higher paying customer without spending their time on it. Good luck with that.

I wish i could like/upvote this comment.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Wow... that is actually the first time i see someone explain flipper so clearly without bias. It hits the nail on the head, and on its own its not really bad.

It does bring some downsides with it tough (market manipulation via poe.trade)
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Don't preach logic, it doesn't go well on these forum boards.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
It will bring about world piece(s).
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

FLipping is not the problem. The problem is that we can't go straight from A to B, but always have to go through chaos orbs with most direct conversions being a rip-off.
I would very much like it if poe.trade didn't only warn about conversions that are worse than vendor prices, but also about every conversion significantly worse than going through chaos.

And "it wouldn't be path of exile anymore"? Seriously? People on here are too sensitive to these things. Playing currency prices like a stock market is NOT a major part of the game, and if it was removed you could still do the exact same thing with items anyway.
"
Egalisator wrote:
FLipping is not the problem. The problem is that we can't go straight from A to B, but always have to go through chaos orbs with most direct conversions being a rip-off.
I would very much like it if poe.trade didn't only warn about conversions that are worse than vendor prices, but also about every conversion significantly worse than going through chaos.

And "it wouldn't be path of exile anymore"? Seriously? People on here are too sensitive to these things. Playing currency prices like a stock market is NOT a major part of the game, and if it was removed you could still do the exact same thing with items anyway.

This isn't a problem... it's an opportunity. If you really feel put off by trading in Chaos, other people might feel the same. You could be the go-to dude for people who want to trade in alchs instead! Profit!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info