What would happen if the currency rates would become static?

"
Aynix wrote:
It's hard because and expensive. But it's expensive because it's hard. It's not like "I pay 10 ex, you gib me 2 those mods I want". The chance that you will get exactly what you want is very low, that's why it's hard (and due to that, its expensive, since you need to use a lot of currency)

I woudn't say crafting is hard, it's purely RNG. Random is not a concept of difficulty.
Well, crafting isn't hard, but getting good crafted gear is hard.
"
Aynix wrote:
It's hard because and expensive. But it's expensive because it's hard. It's not like "I pay 10 ex, you gib me 2 those mods I want". The chance that you will get exactly what you want is very low, that's why it's hard (and due to that, its expensive, since you need to use a lot of currency)
OK; I understand that getting the rolls you want is difficult because of RNG and that using lots of currency is often required. But the only constraint to success is one's access to and willingness to spend currency.

I don't disagree that crafting top items need to be gated, but I do think that piles of currency is the wrong gate. :)
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
sounds crap. hang him!!
"
Aynix wrote:
Well, crafting isn't hard, but getting good crafted gear is hard.

Spamming X currency on item isn't hard, it's just extremely random. You're saying things like spamming fusings on item to get 6L is hard. It's not - just expensive gambling.
I got an idea and i laughed out loud.

If currency would be static 1exalt = 30chaos.. it would be buff to life! Because people would easier craft top tier life gear :P

hahaha :D
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
No. You don't understand. Following your example, I haven't said clicking those fusing is hard. Getting 6L is hard, because it needs a lot of fusings, and it's hard to obtain so much. Yes, a lot of time consumed for thing is concept of difficulty. Lamost everything in our life is hard because of time we need to acomplish it.
"
Aynix wrote:
No. You don't understand. Following your example, I haven't said clicking those fusing is hard. Getting 6L is hard, because it needs a lot of fusings, and it's hard to obtain so much. Yes, a lot of time consumed for thing is concept of difficulty. Lamost everything in our life is hard because of time we need to acomplish it.
That is true. The hardest part of crafting is accumulating sufficient quantities of currency that you can use up hundreds or thousands of orbs and not care. Doing that is difficult. So back to one of my earlier questions. Who benefits from that system? You've now gated crafting behind grinding either for currency to trade up or for gear to sell. I think that out of the RNG gating arena, GGG should make the hurdles more challenging and complicated than speed clearing maps. Its not a perfect system at all. Well, for ZiggyD it probably is.

I'm not sure that I play PoE to imitate the challenges of real life. Maybe you do.

"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info