[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

"
HeManNZ wrote:
Thanks for the great guide!, a noob question here, in your videos your raider moves around in bursts/dashs rather than walking, how do you do that?
Cheers

The bursts/dashes are a skill called "Whirling Blades" it's a movement skill. (I have mine set as right click, and I have my frost blades skill set as the key E).
EDIT: Took your advice to increase my elemental resistances. Now that I use Purity of Elements, should I stick with Herald of Ice or Hatred?

I'm having a blast with this character, but I'm stuck right now at level 69. I die too much and then the experience that I've accumulated is lost.

I have a few remaining questions that I'm hoping somebody could help with:

1. How do you get your armor to have 3 Green and 3 Red linked? Is this all by chance? I can't find any on poe.trade that's less than 30 chaos orbs. This is my first character, so I only have about 7. I'm currently using the tabula rasa robe with the 6 white linked slots.

2. The Melee support gem seems to have a huge percentage in damage. Why do you choose Cold Penetration over that? If you find it to be worth it, then I'll do it.

3. For the Fight for Survival Jewel, are the requirements just to have the 40 dexterity nodes within the radius? Do I need to pick them before they allow the jewel to work?
Last edited by xclo on Jul 26, 2017, 10:42:47 PM
Hello guys,

Tried this build in standard with an old ranger i had there with the passive tree reset.
Been liking the playstyle and gems are still level 13 etc..

But my question is, do you guys think this is doable as a leaguestarter? Or am i better with other build, since this one requires the claws uniques..

Grats on the great build again PewPewPews.
Fan of your Firestormer!! :D
First of all check this thread. It answers 90% questions of new players
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/376573
1* You use Chromatic orbs or Vorici master
2* Melee support works only on the first hit. It does not work on subsequent projectiles. We convert 100% to cold, so CP works on all damage
3* They do not have to be allocated
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
removed :D mistakes were made, you don't need to allocate dex for threshold jewels :D
Last edited by Truditoru on Jul 28, 2017, 4:24:47 AM
What do you think about the new icebite jewel for this build now?
i have some questions to this build:

1: 3.0 bandit reward will be changed and there will be maybe no more +1 frenzy reward, this will make this build much weaker right?

2: + fire dmg or + lightning dmg on gear doing nothing for this build, or am i wrong?
Thanks Nishrek
I am trying to compare this build with Mathils & Sidefx06 builds. What do you think the pros/cons of each would be... not too sure.
Touch of anguish is likely gonna be pretty expensive for a while in Harbinger league so i replaced them with 2x Izaro's dilemma claws i got for 1 alch on poe.trade and recorded a strand run.

http://plays.tv/video/597e2712324b28ed45/frostblades-raider-on-random-shaped-strand-map-v-2-6-x-legacy-league-with-2x-izaros-dilemma-unique-claws

Verdict: You'll be fine with any claws until you can afford Toa. The clear speed is pretty damn good without the chains. A few monsters left alive here and there is the real difference.

Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 30, 2017, 2:57:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info