[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

Really nice build, I've loved these claws every since they came out.
Have you tried and compared dodge vs. armor based version though?

Armor version could look like this:

I'm sure for SC dodge is better, but I am a bit scared to take this into HC, with DW (=no shield) and the Darkrays not providing any HP. This char might be fast enough to pull off Kaom's boots, with the option of dropping the 2nd claw for a lioneye's shield or something. Should be able to get to 7-8K HP and therefore, not be as prone to 1shots.

Edit: If going the dodge route, you could either consider this: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hyrri%27s_Ire for more dodge and damage, or http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kintsugi for HC/to avoid 1shots :)
Last edited by therealjcool on Jul 23, 2017, 8:38:10 AM
Tried and loved this build in 3.0 beta. I'd like to make it my 3.0 league starter, but I am'not sure because of the price of Touch of Anguish. Comparing prices in 3.0 beta and legacy, it seems you need to wait'a while for the price to come down. Or have I missed something ?
Hey guys I've been doing this build and I got to level 79. However, I only have 4.2kish or so life, though I do have a few more life nodes to get (duelist area). I'm currently using a total of three uniques: the perfect form, pandemonius, and darkray vectors. Should I switch one of those out for a rare with life? Here is a link to my profile, character is ShardsOfFrost.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/okudasai/characters
"
therealjcool wrote:
Really nice build, I've loved these claws every since they came out.
Have you tried and compared dodge vs. armor based version though?

Armor version could look like this:

I'm sure for SC dodge is better, but I am a bit scared to take this into HC, with DW (=no shield) and the Darkrays not providing any HP. This char might be fast enough to pull off Kaom's boots, with the option of dropping the 2nd claw for a lioneye's shield or something. Should be able to get to 7-8K HP and therefore, not be as prone to 1shots.

Edit: If going the dodge route, you could either consider this: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hyrri%27s_Ire for more dodge and damage, or http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kintsugi for HC/to avoid 1shots :)

The armour version looks ok. Maybe grace instead of hatred as well?
Dunno about hyrri. We talked about it a few pages back. It kinda sucks because it has no life and i still have like 69% attack dodge without it.
Never tried kintsugi but it's certainly a possibility. Belly of the beast is an awesome all around chest. It gives me ~700 life and solves the issues the right side of the tree has: too low life.

"
thomzon wrote:
Tried and loved this build in 3.0 beta. I'd like to make it my 3.0 league starter, but I am'not sure because of the price of Touch of Anguish. Comparing prices in 3.0 beta and legacy, it seems you need to wait'a while for the price to come down. Or have I missed something ?

Just use a rare physical or elemental claw until you can afford a toa. You can still get frenzy charges but you're gonna have to live without the chains for a while.

"
Hey guys I've been doing this build and I got to level 79. However, I only have 4.2kish or so life, though I do have a few more life nodes to get (duelist area). I'm currently using a total of three uniques: the perfect form, pandemonius, and darkray vectors. Should I switch one of those out for a rare with life? Here is a link to my profile, character is ShardsOfFrost.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/okudasai/characters

Only you can answer that. Depends what you are doing in the game, how high life you are comofortable with and all that.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 23, 2017, 11:15:17 PM
Thanks for replying, simple and practical answer :)
Here is my leveling path as I followed this guide as a turmoil race starter, and just recently clearing uberlab for the first time out of any of my characters.

Forward: I'll be honest, I tend to blindly follow build guides and don't always have an idea what effects what. I did pay a bit more attention this time through, and made some minor changes to recommended links based on what gear I have been able to pick up as a starter.

Getting through Normal was pretty straightfoward. Level up frost blades, and kept moving to as good as a weapon as I could find. It's a bit clunky at this stage because you are not using multi-strike, which means running around and trying to grab a target. Combined with the relatively short attack distance of low-level frost blades, it was all giving me second thoughts. I did manage to pick up a single Ewar's, and that made it feel a lot better with the chain when equipped in main hand. Still a bit clunky though.

Some time around hitting Cruel, it struck me that there was Multi-strike in the link list, and I tried it for the first time. Yes, serious - I've played SRS, Bow, HoWA, totems, and EQ, but never a multi-strike setup. Whole world of difference there! Especially since I didn't need to target a mob anymore, just get in range and shotgun away. Clearspeed was good, but well, not a lot of life. Still moved through cruel fairly well.

Merciless started getting hard after the first act. The Ewar was still good, but it's not overwhelming, and the lack of having a 6L was a bit of a pain. Then I got very lucky and had a Skin of the Loyal drop - furthermore, a 3G2R1B Skin. The 1B had me using an increased critical strike chance for a while. This setup got me to Dried Lake, then a lucky exalt drop got me a Touch of Anguish which helped a lot at this point. The second stroke of luck was a 300+ pdps claw dropping, which I used in the offhand.

All this worked, but it was squishy with the Skin of the Loyal top. Found a cheap (20c) corrupted evasion top with a bit of life on it, and that helped. It was also 3R3G, so I could move fortify from my whirling blades to the 6L and have it on all the time. Damage, however, still wasn't the greatest, even after I picked up another Touch of Anguish by selling the rare claw. That's when I updated gear a bit. I dropped fortify back to my whirling blades links, and dropped in Melee Physical Damage instead - which gave me a huge increase in damage, more than enough to offset the damage reduction effect of fortify. Tooltip in HO went from 32k to 48K+.

It's been pretty smooth sailing after that. I'm only sitting on 4.2k life, but by adding in a Basalt flask I've been able to survive hits from Izaro, and evade/dodge the rest of the hits. I've done up to T11 without issue, and will likely have little issues doing higher level maps, given my experience with this build vs. my HoWA build. HoWA is still better at face tanking some bosses, but this is better at clearing maps. All in all, quite happy with this build, and probably will start 3.0 with it as well.
So my elemental resistances are in the negatives on merciless and I'm getting one-shot by lightning and chaos. Besides git gud, what do you suggest?
Thanks for the great guide!, a noob question here, in your videos your raider moves around in bursts/dashs rather than walking, how do you do that?
Cheers
Git gud!
But, on more serious note.
If you can't find any good resistance gear here are some options:
* Use Purity of Elements aura
* Use a shield till you get better gear
* Apart from resistance you need to have some life
* Check if you have some nodes with resistances on the tree (you will respec them in 3.0 anyway)
* Use res jewels instead FFS
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Jul 25, 2017, 5:33:24 PM
Few questions on the links. For example, why no melee physical damage?
Also note that in the current state of beta, the added cold damage gem has been buffed.
It might be a viable choice in the future.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info