[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

Ya that is what i figured, was looking at a few different cheap unique claws until I can farm for that. I was also thinking of something a bit tankier like the hilt-less bezerker but will have to see... trying to decide for them.
How would the Pandemonious Jade Amulet work with this build?, would it add another 20% cold resist reduction?
"
HeManNZ wrote:
How would the Pandemonious Jade Amulet work with this build?, would it add another 20% cold resist reduction?

Yes if you can chill the monster you are attacking. And it's penetration so it's even better than a simple reduction. My only gripe with it is that it has no life. But it's a good amulet none the less if you can live with that.

Don't know how reliable the chill is versus higher map bosses/izaro/atziri/guardian/shaper
There are tricks to chill them though. Cwdt+Vortex, Arctic armour and so on.

If you go with that amulet you might wanna consider Hypothermia support as well.

Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 31, 2017, 10:41:44 PM
"
morinr wrote:
I am trying to compare this build with Mathils & Sidefx06 builds. What do you think the pros/cons of each would be... not too sure.

Have the same question, I want to play something similar , but can't decide between the 3 options.
Any opinions on pro/con of each one?
Quick question/comment - any reason why Vaal Pact isn't taken by default? It's an extra 3 passive points and I think it'll provide a big survivability increase against bosses? Or due to high evasion/dodge you figure that just standard leech and/or life flasks will be sufficient to recover full HP pool before you suffer the next big hit? I haven't played an evasion build for a long time so I'm not familiar with the play style. Cheers.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
since Ice Bite got buffed - would you take it in 3.0 instead of maybe Fortify (or some other gem)?
"
BeRse wrote:
since Ice Bite got buffed - would you take it in 3.0 instead of maybe Fortify (or some other gem)?

Fortify is too good to get rid of. I'd take Ice Bite instead of Ice Pen before maps maybe. Maybe instead of WED.
"
systemdown wrote:
Quick question/comment - any reason why Vaal Pact isn't taken by default? It's an extra 3 passive points and I think it'll provide a big survivability increase against bosses? Or due to high evasion/dodge you figure that just standard leech and/or life flasks will be sufficient to recover full HP pool before you suffer the next big hit? I haven't played an evasion build for a long time so I'm not familiar with the play style. Cheers.

Have you not played this build? For what reason do you need vaal pact? You already have close to 70% chance to dodge reflect with frenzy charges up.

And yes that is the basic idea of a dodge/evasion build. To have enough life to survive a big hit and be on full life until the next.

You should be playing a berserker with cloaked in savagery if you are a fan of vaal pact. They make great use of that.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 2, 2017, 8:37:57 AM
Will use this build as my starting character as i have a blast playing it in 2.6. Is the tree still the same in 3.0 and how about the bandit in 3.0?

my frostblades build as of now. still have work to do to get a proper lab enchant on my helm and buying new shapers so i can enchant that as well but am pretty happy otherwise. only have 4.8 health but my dodge chance is 76 and spell dodge is at 50 so i dont feel to threatened by the lack of health. really good guide and almost completely created my character

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info