Dear White people "Netflix Serie"

"
Head_Less wrote:
The Netflix series trailer for “Dear White People” has garnered many a scowl from people in the skeptic community and the internet in general. Understandably so, since it is reminiscent of content that comes from MTV Decoded and Franchesca Ramsey. Which may not be the correct thing to do since the trailer doesn’t actually depict what the movie was. And it doesn’t show enough of what the series could be. Granted, the series may wind up being a big time racist dumpster fire. And it probably will be. However, there should be more content seen before that type of judgement about the series is made.
Yep.

I'll say this though: the series trailer is indefensible. While it's a mistake to assume trailers accurately predict the content of the core content, good trailers for good content do. This trailer fails on a grand scale; it might literally be the worst trailer ever. You can't just point to the series and say "see, it's not so bad;" the trailer needs to stand on its own. I think the core of the controversy is justified. Netflix fucked up. So much so that I don't argue against the boycott plan.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 10, 2017, 2:01:55 AM
If the title is already condescending (some would say borderline racist), then you know that the content will be full of butthurt SJW-ism, leftist propaganda and identity politics. Somewhere I heard it's about lecturing white people in SJW "issues" (like the left wasn't doing that for years now).

The usual muh privilidge and eqwality...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Feb 10, 2017, 3:00:11 AM
Cowards are afraid of tv-shows now. I see :))
What a life it must be if you have to live it that way. Always afraid, betrayed by your shepherd. Lost in translation. Too funny.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
I'm not offended, and think it's kinda cute.
I say let them have their stupid show. I think it's cute because there is an obvious double standard. And them continuing to push this angle is only going to end up burning them in the end. The left thinks that White people are just going to lay down and continue being the whipping boy; completely oblivious to the reality that Trump getting elected was White people saying "We've had enough".
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I say let them have their stupid show. I think it's cute because there is an obvious double standard. And them continuing to push this angle is only going to end up burning them in the end. The left thinks that White people are just going to lay down and continue being the whipping boy; completely oblivious to the reality that Trump getting elected was White people saying "We've had enough".

Enough of what, being called racist?

The mention of identity politics is particularly telling IMO. You guys know why black identity politics is a thing? Because being black in the USA all too often forces a certain identity on you. Regardless of your social class or anything else, you will face problems that white people and asian people simply do not have to face to the same degree. "The police are substantially more likely to harass, arrest, or murder me because I belong to group X which I did not choose to be a part of" is usually a pretty good start if you're looking for a basis for identity politics, and it extends well beyond just that. There's a long list of legitimate, identity-based grievance that need to be addressed.

What greivance do white people have that is specific to being white? What basis is there for identity politics there?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"

Enough of what, being called racist?

The mention of identity politics is particularly telling IMO. You guys know why black identity politics is a thing? Because being black in the USA all too often forces a certain identity on you. Regardless of your social class or anything else, you will face problems that white people and asian people simply do not have to face to the same degree. "The police are substantially more likely to harass, arrest, or murder me because I belong to group X which I did not choose to be a part of" is usually a pretty good start if you're looking for a basis for identity politics, and it extends well beyond just that. There's a long list of legitimate, identity-based grievance that need to be addressed.

What greivance do white people have that is specific to being white? What basis is there for identity politics there?

Are you black?

It’s never OK to be racist towards a non-white person, especially not a black person in the United States. But white males? Fair game. Nobody really seems to care and it’s sort of a joke at this point. But does that make it right or a good thing to do? Of course not. Especially not for an establishment that claims to be so anti-racist.

As for blacks… their problems do not come from some mythical, omnipotent white male. Family structure at home and cultural values have more to do with their issues than anything else.

To constantly blame “almighty whitey” for the problems of everyone else unfairly puts white people upon a pedestal … and it unfairly places non-whites on the bottom of the totem pole. It is the essential definition of the bigotry of low expectations

Anthony Brian Logan
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 10, 2017, 6:43:12 AM
"
Because being black in the USA all too often forces a certain identity on you.

Maybe cause they commit more crimes per capita than any other race or culture?

"
The police are substantially more likely to harass... ...that white people and asian people simply do not have to face to the same degree.

Dem asian nerds aren't harrassed by the police as much as gangsta rapping thugs? I'm shocked and surprised. Maybe the police should patrol more in libraries and less in ghettos? That would fix "systemic racism".
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Juicebox360 wrote:
whoopee morbo the alt right posterboy for poe forums is at it again to whitesplain it "the way it is" ROFL

are you black?
what is Whitesplain?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 10, 2017, 8:03:44 AM
"
Juicebox360 wrote:
whoopee morbo the alt right posterboy for poe forums is at it again to whitesplain it "the way it is" ROFL

Afraid of facts and statistics? Watch out, dem white-asian gangs might beat you with their massive privileges, while the ray-cis' police is looking the other way.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info