Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Dear White people "Netflix Serie"

"
Bars wrote:
The discrepancy between the percentage of blacks in the US population and the percentage of violent crime they commit is a well-documented fact. The difference is too significant and noticeable to dismiss it as a statistical anomaly or biased reporting.

Now, what to do with this information and how to interpret it is a different matter altogether. The explanation may very well be socioeconomic, not racial, and we can't really know. Even if there is a racial bias towards asocial behavior and violence (entirely hypothetical), this still doesn't mean they should be mistreated. I'm all for equality, and I mean real equality, not the imaginary one where white males get blamed for everything and find themselves at a disadvantage in many situations. Same goes for black people. Even if - a very big if - they are more prone to crime due to their race, so what?
People need to learn the difference between science and religion. As I've said before, religion has no direct relation to theism — belief in God (although theism tends to require religious rather than scientific justification).

Science is about sensory experience — and through that, reality — shaping one's beliefs. The external is held as the cause, belief as effect. Why believe? Because it is true. Science is by its nature best equipped to deal with the past; when projected into the future, it tends to perpetuate the status quo.

Religion is about one's beliefs shaping reality (through one's actions, rationally; on a metaphysical level, if you're insane). The belief is held as the cause, the external as effect. Why believe? Because it works. Religion is best equipped to handle the future; when projected into the past, it tends to rewrite history as we'd prefer it to have been written.

These aren't necessarily forces in conflict; they're two halves of a feedback loop. But it's critical to understand: without faith, there is no way to elevate the hypothesis to a theory, no cure to an immobilizing skepticism. Without religion, science is impotent; without science, religion is blind.

That said, to the quote. By a purely scientific standard, the correlation between black men and violent crime suggests that we should presume a higher probability of violence from black men. Such a belief would perpetuate the status quo. However, look at such a belief from a religious standpoint; consider not if it's true, but what effects it has on reality when believed. It is then that you can start to see the vicious cycle it creates, how the belief in the statistic itself is likely to create the conditions under which it is real — a self-fulfilling prophecy.

In this case, the facts themselves are racist. If we intend to be enemies of racism for the sake of our collective future, we must fundamentally reject the reality of the situation. I'm not saying we should deny their truth; what I'm saying is that we must label this truth as an abomination, a travesty, a perversion of the natural order, real as though it may be. It isn't that it's untrue; it's that it's profane.

And quite frankly, I wouldn't feel so great about spreading such information around. It might show where we are (technically, recently were), but I pray it's not indicative of where we're going.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 10, 2017, 1:39:02 PM
Maybe the actual show will have a different connotation despite one of the show writers being extremely racist on his Twitter account.

*shrugs*
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 10, 2017, 1:38:10 PM
@Scrotie: facts can't be racist. People's interpretation of facts can be, however.

I think I understand what you mean, though. We would be hopelessly naive to expect a reasonable reaction from the majority of the population to these facts. However, closing our eyes and pretending they don't exist isn't a solution either. When people react in the expected emotional and racist way to these facts, if you tell them the facts are racist, or aren't facts, or some other attempt to deny reality, you'll simply discredit yourself to these people and they won't listen to you at all.

Burying one's head in the sand doesn't work.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
Burying one's head in the sand doesn't work.
Already covered that. I don't advocate avoidance; I advocate change, I advocate action. A closer analogy would be burying one's sword in the flesh of a demon; of course, I mean this figuratively, as the demon here is incorporeal and words our weapons of choice.

I still say the reality is racist. You can't even have shows like Dear White People without a racist reality to provide the necessary context; there's no current potential for a "Dear Tall People." I just don't want the current reality to perpetuate. Like all horrible truths, the best place for it is not in tomorrow's news, but in history textbooks.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 10, 2017, 1:59:11 PM
The race is just the category in the statistics (because "culture" would be hard to gather / evaluate), but race has nothing or very little to do with it. It's all about:

1.) culture (too much glorifying of violence and crime, general laziness)
2.) family situation (too many broken families, no values being taught)
3.) other socio-economic factors (education, welfare state, etc.)

These three causes are highly intertwined, inter-dependent and can exponentialy influence one another. I'd say start fixing the culture first, everything else will follow. But the Left has in the past decades been specifically targeting (destroying) the family structure, conservative values that keep families together, while sedating people with welfare. At the same time blaming others for the poor state of black neighborhoods. It's the "white privilege". Nothing to do with the "gangsta" lifestyle, insane rates of single parenting, crime rates, businesses running away... yea righ... :/

Like Aim says, leftists = agents of chaos. Basically they are drug dealers, where the drug is governmental control. First they destroy, then offer the help of the government. Oh, yes, go be a slut (it is your "right" as a woman), the governemnt will take care of your bastard child, or you can just kill it whenever you want... Zero personal responsibility, all responsibility is socialized in lefty land.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
The race is just the category in the statistics (because "culture" would be hard to gather / evaluate), but race has nothing or very little to do with it. It's all about:

1.) culture (too much glorifying of violence and crime, general laziness)
2.) family situation (too many broken families, no values being taught)
3.) other socio-economic factors (education, welfare state, etc.)

These three causes are highly intertwined, inter-dependent and can exponentialy influence one another.
Being a child of a single mother is a stronger indicator of criminality than race.
Why do people in the US think black nazis are OK? See below link. I saw this on wife's FB account, took screenshot, and scribbled (very artistically lol) the wife's info as well as the nazi's out, then used wife's photobucket acct to upload. Back in my days in college this sort of thing would be considered WAY OUT. Not so much now.

Seriously considering emmigrating. Will watch the US erupt into a civil war from afar.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Feb 10, 2017, 3:05:04 PM
Reality isn't racist, people's interpretation of it is.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Seriously considering emmigrating.

Don't, then you will be no different than the scum currently flooding the EU/US, instead of putting their shitholes in order. A weak escapist.

Fight for your right, instead. In your own country. It belongs to you, and the the people like you. If you have anything left to fight for, of course.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come."

Uncle Shakespeare
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Feb 10, 2017, 4:00:55 PM
"
Bars wrote:
Reality isn't racist, people's interpretation of it is.
Reality is, in part, a human invention. We sculpt reality; our interpretations play a role in that.

I think what you're trying to say is: reality is not inherently racist.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 10, 2017, 3:57:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info