[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Tbh, I don't think so, since everytime such mod is affected by minion, it usually says "you or your minions".
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
damn, im still trying to figure out what's best, 6 flame golem or 4 flame golem + 1 storm golem + 1 stone golem, i can't figure out how much DPS im having with those 2 choices
"
Cerebris wrote:
Why does elementalist path not need descecrate? I spend all my maps reviving my spectres, and i've got minion life gem linked.

Edit: Just saw the above post, ha. I hadn't refreshed for a while.

Hi :)

Elementalist needs to raise Specters level every time possible or even better gem t15+ Specters from someones portal. T15+ Specters extremely rarely die even in endgame fights so they can tank with minion support from helmet with either Occultist or Elementalist. Early-mid level Specs are pretty weak and need to be constantly buffed.

"
So this is an alternative to mika's build (which was my base), and I'm not willing to make a full post about it, i'll share it here :)

POB Link: https://pastebin.com/Z95jRbcR

This is basically how I play the golementalist for a few league now:
- CoH double curse (either flammability + Elemental Weakness or swapping one of these with temporal chains)
- Double aura (Vaal Discipline + Vaal Haste). Can be improved to have anger or any other aura that reserve the same amount, but need mana reservation nodes (and requires to remove EE if Anger)
- 7 Golems (Either 4Flame + Ice + Lightning + Stone / Chaos, or 5 + Ice + Lightning)
- No spectres (especially for this league, and I don't like them anyway)
- No cast while channeling, because I don't want to be blocked doing channeling skills
- No curse aura, because I want vaal haste (and I still don't feel curse aura required)

Flasks are really important:
- Health anti bleed + instant low life
- Quartz allows us to go through groups of mobs with phasing, adding some dodge to spells and attacks
- Basalt for some damage reduction and anti curse
- Rumi for Armour and block
- Quicksilver for moves. (I usually try to have +30% speed on it, as I don't have movement skills).
- I also have a mana potion in inventory, for no regen map, that I switch with Rumi)

Pantheon:
- Lunaris for damage reduction and projectile dodge/chain
- Shakari (I think it's this one) for chaos / dot reduction and poison immunity

How I play:
- Use ball lightning (can be swapped to arc this league or freezing pulse) to move your golems
- Use the potions and run through all rooms, trying to avoid a little bit the mobs not to be one shotted ;) so golem follow you while killing everything.
- Dodge, kite :)
- For boss, tough monsters, use offering and even vaal haste (especially in incursions)

Current stuff (in case you are lazy to look for it in my profile):
Stuff

Hope it helps and give some idea to people :)

Hello :)

Build looks pretty beefy and damage looks good. Pretty heavily DPS oriented but most CoH cursers are excellent at kiting bosses.

You have so high cool-down reduction and cast speed on Golems that I wonder if you ever noticed if either cool-down or cast-speed become bottleneck in Golems bombardment? or do Golems cast as fast as much you can stack both Harmonies and cast speed?

"
Hi again!

Do you think the onslaught on kill (corruption mod on clayshaper) works when our minions kill something? If it does, it would add a decent chunk of movement speed for little to 0 effort into this build :D

"
Tbh, I don't think so, since everytime such mod is affected by minion, it usually says "you or your minions".

Do you mean line "(10–15)% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill"?

All damage over time kills by minions are awarded to player so if you are running Combustion of Golems and TV Specters, you are getting kills for yourself from time to time. I'm not sure if 15% is enough to keep Onslaught on all the time, but it would be interesting to test ;)

"
damn, im still trying to figure out what's best, 6 flame golem or 4 flame golem + 1 storm golem + 1 stone golem, i can't figure out how much DPS im having with those 2 choices

Hey :)

Total damage is about the same on both configs, but its distributed differently. 6x Golems have more clear-speed as there are more Golems shooting and their total is bit higher than mix. 4+1+1 has much higher damage per Golems and Golems can 1shot weaker rares. However there are less Golems shooting so clear-speed is bit less.

4+1+1 has more benefits with immunities to status elements, etc. So I recommend trying both 6 and 4+1+1 and seeing which works best for own play-style. Testing them out is really cheap as only changes are gems.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 14, 2018, 3:49:52 PM
"
Holografik wrote:

Test made with double curse (Ele weakness + flammability), EE, 10 harmony and haste
- 6 Flames: 63.2k dps trash mobs, 38k shaper dps, per golem, so beteen 228k and 380k total
- 4 flame +1 +1: 120k trash, 72k shaper dps per golem, so between 288k and 480k dps flame golem total

Type of golem you add doesn't matter.

So what to conclude:
- shaper dps is not that far from each other (well 60k is still around 25% difference)
- having more type of golem will make mapping more smooth (higher dps on trash), but less "balls in the air" so it might look slower.
- globally 4+1+1 is the best setup either for utility and dps :) (4+1+1+1 is also good, but more for utility golem than dps)

"
You have so high cool-down reduction and cast speed on Golems that I wonder if you ever noticed if either cool-down or cast-speed become bottleneck in Golems bombardment? or do Golems cast as fast as much you can stack both Harmonies and cast speed?

Well, it feels like golems are constantly bombarding and casting as fast as they can, I didn't notice anything wrong actually, I will try to pay attention.
I was thinking about switching one harmony to eminence, for better boost (from lightning for speed and stone for life regen) and dps (theoretical seems higher) but didn't tried it yet :)

So far, i was just melting almost everything I cross, and bosses (up to t13 atm) are sometimes melting even faster than some rare mobs in the temple...
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Last edited by Anakhon on Jun 14, 2018, 3:59:07 PM
Seeing the prices of Primordial gems this league think I may switch to this build, always wanted to do Golemancer.

How does the build manage with Choas mobs/bosses in the temple?

BTW a very easy and reliable way to get max level Spectres is to run Oba's Cursed Trove, last room is ilvl84; Map is usually pretty cheap to.

Going to be trying this build on Hardcore. My very first character on PoE a few year ago was a srs witch, and I've always wanted to try Golemancer. Just a few questions.

1. Is anyone playing this on Hardcore, and how is the survivability? I've been playing a bit of Jugg, and I know this build probably won't be that tanky, but I don't like playing glass cannon builds.

2. How do you get the max level spectres you can get, and how can you see what max level you can get? I never really understood this mechanic.
"
Anakhon wrote:
"
Holografik wrote:

Test made with double curse (Ele weakness + flammability), EE, 10 harmony and haste
- 6 Flames: 63.2k dps trash mobs, 38k shaper dps, per golem, so beteen 228k and 380k total
- 4 flame +1 +1: 120k trash, 72k shaper dps per golem, so between 288k and 480k dps flame golem total

Type of golem you add doesn't matter.

So what to conclude:
- shaper dps is not that far from each other (well 60k is still around 25% difference)
- having more type of golem will make mapping more smooth (higher dps on trash), but less "balls in the air" so it might look slower.
- globally 4+1+1 is the best setup either for utility and dps :) (4+1+1+1 is also good, but more for utility golem than dps)

"

Well, it feels like golems are constantly bombarding and casting as fast as they can, I didn't notice anything wrong actually, I will try to pay attention.
I was thinking about switching one harmony to eminence, for better boost (from lightning for speed and stone for life regen) and dps (theoretical seems higher) but didn't tried it yet :)

So far, i was just melting almost everything I cross, and bosses (up to t13 atm) are sometimes melting even faster than some rare mobs in the temple...

Hello :)

Thanks for info! Good to know that cast speed is not being limited by cooldown or cast speed. This make sure that frenzy charges are useful especially when reaching high number of Harmonies.

4+1+1 seems to be better combo as you get both defense and offense. Damage also increases more for 4+1+1 when going over 6-7 Harmonies.

"
Seeing the prices of Primordial gems this league think I may switch to this build, always wanted to do Golemancer.

How does the build manage with Choas mobs/bosses in the temple?

BTW a very easy and reliable way to get max level Spectres is to run Oba's Cursed Trove, last room is ilvl84; Map is usually pretty cheap to.

Thanks for the tip :) Forgot about Obas. Need to add it for Specters later.

Chaos damage is handled by taking Purity of Flesh and chaos res to all rare gear at first. Elemental resistance form tree, Ascendancy and Aliras reward makes it very easy to cap elemental resistances with chaos res in low budget also.

Later Presence of Chayula will most likely cap chaos resistance and 2-3k HP buffer is enough to survive all chaos damage if being even somewhat careful.

"
Going to be trying this build on Hardcore. My very first character on PoE a few year ago was a srs witch, and I've always wanted to try Golemancer. Just a few questions.

1. Is anyone playing this on Hardcore, and how is the survivability? I've been playing a bit of Jugg, and I know this build probably won't be that tanky, but I don't like playing glass cannon builds.

2. How do you get the max level spectres you can get, and how can you see what max level you can get? I never really understood this mechanic.

Hey :)

1)
I have not played HC myself so the guide is done purely for SC. However many players have played HC with it and posted builds to thread. I thing highest I have seen was lvl 98.

2)
Specters are tied to 3x things :
- Level of Desecrate
- Level of raise Specter
- Area they are raised in

Make sure that Desecrate and Raise Specter are lvl 20 and you can raise as high level Specs as you want from as high level are as you can access to. You can't see Specs level from anywhere, but they are tied to area they were raised in so if you get them from Shaper area, they will be max lvl 84.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Hey currently using your build but just have a few questions:

Currently on tier 8-9 maps and struggling to clear incursion rooms properly with doing optimal pathing. If I do manage to clear it, it would only have like 2-3 seconds left. What should I upgrade to have a better time to clear them faster?

I also feel like sometimes I just get 1 shot if there is a bunch of chaos damage mobs in the incursions or temple.

Have around 3K HP and 3.8k EHP.

My gear currently:

Also have 3 primordial harmonies with the anima stone/primordial might
I'm no expert on the build, so I can't give the greatest advice, but from just looking at your gear you need more life on your rings, and linking a fortify to your shield charge would help with damage a bit too. I see you're running bone offering, how is that compared to flesh offering? I was thinking of running it instead of flesh offering to try and get more survivability.
Hello. If i have helmet without burning damage and with minion damage and minion life, then for vanguards i need minion and totem elem res + burning damage gems, and last will be elemental focus or swift affliction?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info