[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

It's been a while since I've posted in this build guide.

I've built my Elementalist with the goal of farming UberE (everything else is trivial). The passive tree is quite a bit different to mika's, so I thought I'd share it for anyone else who's interested in end game content.

https://pastebin.com/uryeXGLG

Things to note: This is pure golems, 8 harmonies and 2 eminences. Spectres will die in the fight without the extra regen and resistances from Necro asencendancy, so it's better to leave them to Necros.

Also, because there is a lot of random incoming damage from many sources, I recommend to get as much ES regen as possible. ES recharge has a hefty delay and touching a degen will delay that more, so you'll likely die while waiting for the recharge.

I don't have T1 gear, but my regen is at 1000+. This actually makes the character feel 'tanky'.

🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Last edited by kayella on Jun 16, 2018, 1:02:13 PM
I'm level 68 now with the build, and I saw in the Leveling section, "Take "Whispers Of Doom" for extra curse (Elemental Weakness)". If I'm not going Animate Guardian do I still get this notable, or do I just get the minor nodes before it, or just not get any of the nodes before that notable? Thanks again for the guide it's easy to follow and leveling for the most part has been smooth.
"
FrozenMindz wrote:
Hey currently using your build but just have a few questions:

Currently on tier 8-9 maps and struggling to clear incursion rooms properly with doing optimal pathing. If I do manage to clear it, it would only have like 2-3 seconds left. What should I upgrade to have a better time to clear them faster?

I also feel like sometimes I just get 1 shot if there is a bunch of chaos damage mobs in the incursions or temple.

Have around 3K HP and 3.8k EHP.

My gear currently:

Also have 3 primordial harmonies with the anima stone/primordial might

"
I'm no expert on the build, so I can't give the greatest advice, but from just looking at your gear you need more life on your rings, and linking a fortify to your shield charge would help with damage a bit too. I see you're running bone offering, how is that compared to flesh offering? I was thinking of running it instead of flesh offering to try and get more survivability.

Hey :)

You profile is set to private, so I cant check your tree or jewels.

Defense

Yep, the defense can easily be improved. You can look for :
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, chaos res, ele res)
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, chaos res, ele res)

Amulet and belt are ok for level. Try to stack chaos res on each rare item and you should be safe once you get over +50% chaos res.

Offence

How many Harmonies are using? Golems need at least 4-5x Harmonies to shoot at good speed.

You can look for 2r2g2b Skin of the Loyal (Golem -> Empower / fire pene -> Gmp -> Slow proj -> Minion damage -> Echo. about 40c), extra levels to Golems and extra ES from Sotl really boost clear-speed and survival.

If you want to clear Incursions very fast, you can get helmet like

and use Solar Guards in pseudo 6-link. They are very fast at clearing packs and can work better in tight areas with tons of smaller mobs that TV specs. I recommend trying them as I have had no problem in Incursions while testing them in league. TVs are however much, much better at t16+ bosses.

"
Hello. If i have helmet without burning damage and with minion damage and minion life, then for vanguards i need minion and totem elem res + burning damage gems, and last will be elemental focus or swift affliction?

With your links you want :
- Spec -> Minion res -> Elemental Focus -> Swift Affliction -> Minion damage (helmet) -> Minion life (helmet) -> Burning damage (helmet)

"

I've built my Elementalist with the goal of farming UberE (everything else is trivial). The passive tree is quite a bit different to mika's, so I thought I'd share it for anyone else who's interested in end game content.

Things to note: This is pure golems, 8 harmonies and 2 eminences. Spectres will die in the fight without the extra regen and resistances from Necro asencendancy, so it's better to leave them to Necros.

Also, because there is a lot of random incoming damage from many sources, I recommend to get as much ES regen as possible. ES recharge has a hefty delay and touching a degen will delay that more, so you'll likely die while waiting for the recharge.

I don't have T1 gear, but my regen is at 1000+. This actually makes the character feel 'tanky'.

Hi :)

Pretty interesting take on Uber Elder with regen. There really is tons of incoming damage and boss fight could need some tweaking on gear / skills to make it easier. Regen could really help in the fight if you can get it to start recharging fast enough between taken damage.

TomatoPotato used Lighting Warp in the fight, which seems to work better than Shield Charge. Specs pretty much die in the fight with Occu / Ele if not using some extra protective shield and Necro Aegis.

Damage and tree looks pretty good. I think Cont Dest or Ele Focus might be better for Golems than Combustion as you are not using TV specs. There's seems to be lot of duplicate / messed socketing on skill section of Pob like 2x different 6-link Golems in armor or 2x different triple links in weapon 1.

Have you been able to do Uber Elder deathless yet?

"
I'm level 68 now with the build, and I saw in the Leveling section, "Take "Whispers Of Doom" for extra curse (Elemental Weakness)". If I'm not going Animate Guardian do I still get this notable, or do I just get the minor nodes before it, or just not get any of the nodes before that notable? Thanks again for the guide it's easy to follow and leveling for the most part has been smooth.

Thanks for support ^^

Build uses 2x active curses, so you need "Whispers of Doom" even without using Animate Guardian. Temporal Chains and Elemental Weakness both scale incredibly well with Enhance, so they are excellent DPS and defense boosts.

You can take minion nodes or skip them and take more Harmonies. with Harmonies Golems cast faster and deal more DPS, but Specs will be weaker. You will also miss one Spec, which hurts boss DPS quite a bit.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 16, 2018, 4:56:07 PM
Spoiler
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
FrozenMindz wrote:

Currently on tier 8-9 maps and struggling to clear incursion rooms properly with doing optimal pathing. If I do manage to clear it, it would only have like 2-3 seconds left. What should I upgrade to have a better time to clear them faster?

I also feel like sometimes I just get 1 shot if there is a bunch of chaos damage mobs in the incursions or temple.

My gear currently:

"
I'm no expert on the build, so I can't give the greatest advice, but from just looking at your gear you need more life on your rings, and linking a fortify to your shield charge would help with damage a bit too. I see you're running bone offering, how is that compared to flesh offering? I was thinking of running it instead of flesh offering to try and get more survivability.

Defense

Amulet and belt are ok for level. Try to stack chaos res on each rare item and you should be safe once you get over +50% chaos res.

Offence

How many Harmonies are using? Golems need at least 4-5x Harmonies to shoot at good speed.

You can look for 2r2g2b Skin of the Loyal (Golem -> Empower / fire pene -> Gmp -> Slow proj -> Minion damage -> Echo. about 40c), extra levels to Golems and extra ES from Sotl really boost clear-speed and survival.

and use Solar Guards in pseudo 6-link. They are very fast at clearing packs and can work better in tight areas with tons of smaller mobs that TV specs. I recommend trying them as I have had no problem in Incursions while testing them in league. TVs are however much, much better at t16+ bosses.

"
Hello. If i have helmet without burning damage and with minion damage and minion life, then for vanguards i need minion and totem elem res + burning damage gems, and last will be elemental focus or swift affliction?

- Spec -> Minion res -> Elemental Focus -> Swift Affliction -> Minion damage (helmet) -> Minion life (helmet) -> Burning damage (helmet)

"

Pretty interesting take on Uber Elder with regen. There really is tons of incoming damage and boss fight could need some tweaking on gear / skills to make it easier. Regen could really help in the fight if you can get it to start recharging fast enough between taken damage.

TomatoPotato used Lighting Warp in the fight, which seems to work better than Shield Charge. Specs pretty much die in the fight with Occu / Ele if not using some extra protective shield and Necro Aegis.

Damage and tree looks pretty good. I think Cont Dest or Ele Focus might be better for Golems than Combustion as you are not using TV specs. There's seems to be lot of duplicate / messed socketing on skill section of Pob like 2x different 6-link Golems in armor or 2x different triple links in weapon 1.

"

Thanks for support ^^

Build uses 2x active curses, so you need "Whispers of Doom" even without using Animate Guardian. Temporal Chains and Elemental Weakness both scale incredibly well with Enhance, so they are excellent DPS and defense boosts.

You can take minion nodes or skip them and take more Harmonies. with Harmonies Golems cast faster and deal more DPS, but Specs will be weaker. You will also miss one Spec, which hurts boss DPS quite a bit.

I didn't see it under gems, oops my fault!

Something that I could suggest for leveling of you're hardcore is using a minion damage staff. They are really cheap, and made leveling with the build a breeze as your minions do so much damage. You can get it really early on too. I bought one for 3c instead of using the item suggested because the item in the guide reserves your hp, and I was scared of dying because of having less hp.

Just need to level up a bit more, and I should be good to go for golems, super excited :D
"
mika2salo wrote:

Something strange happened with the pob link...

I actually carry two SotLs: one with flame golems (for map clearing), the other with lightning golems (for bossing). I also have avatar of fire for EE for bossing. FGs don't really need much help killing trash mobs on the way to the boss room. The FGs shouldn't have combustion in there, so maybe I pasted an old pob. The messed up gems are because I've also just got a bunch of them levelling up in my off hand gear.

I haven't had a chance to hit uber yet; struggling with map sustain.
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Why no 6x Flame golem? They get less dmg than 4+1+1?
And what is better options for boss killing?
4x TV and 3x Flame golem on Necro?
Or 6x Flame and 2x TV on Elementalist?
Last edited by JustMane on Jun 17, 2018, 8:37:08 AM
I did a test with the clayshaper corruption after I picked it up for 1 C and the result is sadly not very positive. It would trigger maybe once or twice (not even sure from what), but definitely not from regular minion kills.

In my opinion its best to just skip this corruption and go for the AoE corruption :)
https://ibb.co/bM8NXy Take down Uber Elder recently, but without spectres
Last edited by alexandro_108 on Jun 17, 2018, 1:27:36 PM
"
Pandawgg wrote:
Spoiler
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
FrozenMindz wrote:

My gear currently:

"

Defense

Offence

"

"

"

Thanks for support ^^

I didn't see it under gems, oops my fault!

Something that I could suggest for leveling of you're hardcore is using a minion damage staff. They are really cheap, and made leveling with the build a breeze as your minions do so much damage. You can get it really early on too. I bought one for 3c instead of using the item suggested because the item in the guide reserves your hp, and I was scared of dying because of having less hp.

Just need to level up a bit more, and I should be good to go for golems, super excited :D

Hello :)

Very good advice as there really is no leveling main handers before Midnight Bargain or Clayshaper for minions builds. I recommend getting Shaper Seed to give minions regen early on to make sure they stay alive even without Necro Aegis and Springleaf.

Best of luck in HC, I hope you reach high levels ;)

"
Something strange happened with the pob link...

I actually carry two SotLs: one with flame golems (for map clearing), the other with lightning golems (for bossing). I also have avatar of fire for EE for bossing. FGs don't really need much help killing trash mobs on the way to the boss room. The FGs shouldn't have combustion in there, so maybe I pasted an old pob. The messed up gems are because I've also just got a bunch of them levelling up in my off hand gear.

I haven't had a chance to hit uber yet; struggling with map sustain.

Ok, that explains a lot. Bit cleaning can make Pob easier to read as build itself looks good ;)

I'm really interested in how Uber Elder killing is going as I'm trying to optimize gear for easy kill. Do you know what is the effect that slows player when Elder is stealing life? Is it hinder, maim, chill or something else? If its chill, then Elementalist has huge advantage as it cannot be chilled.

"
Why no 6x Flame golem? They get less dmg than 4+1+1?
And what is better options for boss killing?
4x TV and 3x Flame golem on Necro?
Or 6x Flame and 2x TV on Elementalist?

6x Flame Golems are better clear-speed while 4+1+1 gives more damage with more Harmonies and gives also immunities for elemental statuses.

Very good setups so far have been :
- 4+1+1 FGs and 2-3 TV Specs (Ele, TVs depends if using Death's Doors or not)
- 6 FGs and 3 TV Specs (Ele)
- 4 FGs and 3 TV Specs (Necro)
- 4 FGs and 4 TV Specs (Necro)

They all play bit differently and offer different clear-speed, boss kill and defenses. Easiest to setup and strongest are 4+1+1 FGs and 3 TVs (Ele) and 4 FGs and 3 TVs (Necro).

I think best boss damage comes from 4+1+1 and 3 TVs (Ele) or 4 FGs + 4 TVs (Necro)

"
I did a test with the clayshaper corruption after I picked it up for 1 C and the result is sadly not very positive. It would trigger maybe once or twice (not even sure from what), but definitely not from regular minion kills.

In my opinion its best to just skip this corruption and go for the AoE corruption :)

My guild mate also tested it and had it trigger maybe 3-4 times per map. You get all damage over time kills from minions, so you need to be using Combustion on Golems and TV Specs. However Golems deal so massive chunks of damage that mobs rarely die to damage over time.

AOE corruption is very nice for aura and curses :)

"
https://ibb.co/bM8NXy Take down Uber Elder recently, but without spectres

Gz on Uber Elder kill! \o/

Fight looks extremely spammy. Specters would most likely die with Elementalist so going all in with Golems seems like best option.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
I don't see anyone writing about the Occultist build, does it work, or does it suck atm? :l

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info