[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

@Anakhon Can your elementalist golem can do uber atziri or shaper and elder? or Necro is better?

So hard to decide I like Elementalist more cause more golem but I want to do boss kill fast also whic his necro better?
Last edited by popotm on Jun 12, 2018, 7:38:11 AM
I was able to do everything (except Chayula and uber elder, because I never tried them) with my elementalist golemancer until now ("until now" because in incursion I didn't have the opportunity to do it yet ;-) ).
Necro is also able to do the same (but can't speak about bosses I never did)

Quickly, here are some facts (it's not the full list, but what comes in mind).

Necro:
+ spectre are more resistant and do more dps
+ benefits from offering (so you can go for block build)
+ easier to max resists
+ better defense (thanks offerings, block, etc)
- golems needs to be maxed in resistance
- you need flask with elemental immunities (freeze, burning, etc)

Elementalist:
+ elemental golem are immune to elemental damage (so they laugh at elder/atziri's elemental spells/attacks)
+ golems have far more dps
+ you are immune to elemental ailment
+ you don't need spectre to have a good boss/map clearing
- spectres are squishy unless you use minion life / resistance support
- you are more squishy, so you need to be more careful (doesn't mean you can't start leveling as elementalist)

More details are in the FAQ in the 1st/3rd post in this thread :) But in summary, it's 2 different way to play the build, so you mostly need to find the one that match your playstyle :)
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Last edited by Anakhon on Jun 12, 2018, 10:01:55 AM
@Anakhon Thanks a lot you clear my mind now one more quest you using setup 4x1x1 golem right?
no, currently i'm using 4+1+1+1 (with stone), before i was using 4+1+1 with shield for ES/Life
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
"
OK guys got around 1ex to burn on this build so help me. Im planning to make necro golem cause anima stone really cheap

1.Which is better, 550 es rare armour or covenant(es around 330 + 10%life + lvl15 chaos dmg sup). loyal skin still expensive around 3ex huhu

2. For amulet I guess mod %es is bis beside presence of chayula? Heard u can get that in incursion but not sure.

3.Is there any way to add zombie? Maybe sacrifice 1 ring for hugry loop but is it worth?

4. Do u think it tank enough for shield charge to monster pack>> cwdt+convocation>>minion kill monster pack or I need to play safe

5.Which better lycosidae or victoria charity for shield?

ps:Sorry if already answer but I just search page randomly b4 ask

"
1) get a 2G2R2B SOTL which is cheaper
2) either go for a rare amulet with chaos resist, es/life and other resist, or use an eye of chayula (stun immunity) until you have presence (what I usually do, so i don't have resist on it, like with the presence)
3) either hungry loop, or change AG with zombies (or any other thing you might not like)
4) depends on your ehp and your minion damage (i don't use shield charge at all so I can't say). Try it then be safer / or keep doing.
5) lyco is useless for this build: golem use spell, TV totems are spells, so accuracy doesn't matter. Victario's charity will be way more useful.

Hello :)

1)
Yep, 2r2g2b us much cheaper and better than other options at that price range.
2)
You can pretty much do all content with good rare amulet. I have been using

in league and felt pretty good at mid tier maps.
Stacking EHP (HP + ES) and chaos res is very vital this league.
3)
Zombies pretty much melt at T13+ bosses if you don't support them heavily with gear and gems. Animate Guardian is basically super tanky zombie and vaal skels are replaceable. I had pretty bad experience using zombies at high tier boss fight, but maybe they have been boosted since.
4)
Depends purely on your Temporal Chains level and EHP. If you reach 8-9k EHP and max -75% Temp Chains, normal enemies can barely move when you charge by them. Thats pretty much how I always do maps.
5)
Yep, Lyco is useless for Golems and Specs.

"
I was using zombies as meatshield before transforming into Specters. They give taunt, blind, maim and (if you get the ascendancy for them) physical reduction. But they are not durable enough for the red maps and above. Also, they are slow and low dmg. I suggest going after specters (2 with passive tree, 3 if you take ullr boots).

When it comes to armour, I am thinking about Skin of the Loyal with "cold damage reduction" and "+1 level of socketed gems" corruption. Which Skin of the Loyal sockets configuration are you trying to get? 3R1G2B? 3R2G1B? 2R2B2G? I will buy 3R skin later, when I get Empower.

I know that this will force me to get very high ES headgear, but The Verex should be a nice start (before I get elder minions-oriented helmet).

I don't use shield-sharing with minions so I prefer Magna Esclipsis, The Surrender.

"
yea im planning to take spectre and golem + zombie as additional using hungry loop. That shield qol is good but do u think is it worth the damage trade? For the loyal skin I aim 3B 2R 1G as in post setup but may I have list other gem setup cause for beggar like me cheaper skin loyal is better. Ty mate for your reply

edit: yeah all gem colour u mention is way cheaper to put in loyal skin really interest in their gem btw i dont have empower

"
I have very, VERY bad reflex, so extra safety is always a nice thing. I use Surrender only in case when I have lots of life (life on block with max block is nice form of defence). Magna Eclipsis gives additional 1000 eHP vs elemental dmg that regenerates completly after around 10s, also - with Skin of The Loyal - it gives a lot of armour, ev and es.

But I agree with you that when it comes to clear speed, probably the best option is Victatio's + shield-share.

Remember that the power of this build is it's flexibility: you can change set-ups and toy with additional minions. After you get SoTL and Anima you can farm with ease maps - this league it means that base cost of starting with golemancer is around 1,5-2ex (thanks to arc builds and vaal builds craze :D).

Hi :)

For Skin of the Loyal best colors are 2r1g3b and 3r1g2b. Cheaper option 2r2g2b loses about 20% total damage compared to better colors, but going for more random colors might drop damage pretty severely. +1 level corruption on Sotl is the dream, but extremely expensive.

Vertex is excellent leveling helmet and TV specs can operate in 4-link pretty well. Upgrading later for pseudo 6-7link helmet with +100 ES is recommended.

Damage is plenty with either own shield or Necro Aegis and Victarios. Choice means most for clear-speed but not all players want to clear at maximal speed. Testing different setups finds out best combination for own play-style. Doing Golemancer is very cheap this league and most items for alternative setups are easily affordable ;)

"
can anyone tell me gem setup for 2R2G2B

"
flame golem - empower/fire penetration - GMP - Slower projectile - minion damage - spell echo

Hi :)

Yep,
Empower 3 is better than Fire pene, but Emp 1-2 are less effective.

"
Which one should I choose Elementalist or Necro which is better? @Mika which one would you recommend to me ele or nec?

"
Necro is tankier, have less dps, elementalist is pure dps, but do not benefit from offerings. They are 2 different gameplay so you'll have to find the one you prefer :)

"
@Anakhon Can your elementalist golem can do uber atziri or shaper and elder? or Necro is better?

So hard to decide I like Elementalist more cause more golem but I want to do boss kill fast also whic his necro better?

"
I was able to do everything (except Chayula and uber elder, because I never tried them) with my elementalist golemancer until now ("until now" because in incursion I didn't have the opportunity to do it yet ;-) ).
Necro is also able to do the same (but can't speak about bosses I never did)

Quickly, here are some facts (it's not the full list, but what comes in mind).

Necro:
+ spectre are more resistant and do more dps
+ benefits from offering (so you can go for block build)
+ easier to max resists
+ better defense (thanks offerings, block, etc)
- golems needs to be maxed in resistance
- you need flask with elemental immunities (freeze, burning, etc)

Elementalist:
+ elemental golem are immune to elemental damage (so they laugh at elder/atziri's elemental spells/attacks)
+ golems have far more dps
+ you are immune to elemental ailment
+ you don't need spectre to have a good boss/map clearing
- spectres are squishy unless you use minion life / resistance support
- you are more squishy, so you need to be more careful (doesn't mean you can't start leveling as elementalist)

More details are in the FAQ in the 1st/3rd post in this thread :) But in summary, it's 2 different way to play the build, so you mostly need to find the one that match your playstyle :)

"
@Anakhon Thanks a lot you clear my mind now one more quest you using setup 4x1x1 golem right?

"
no, currently i'm using 4+1+1+1 (with stone), before i was using 4+1+1 with shield for ES/Life

Hey :)

Excellent list Anakhon ^^

I would add that :

Necro :
+ Taking Aliras +15 res, Commander of Darkness 20% res and all life / ES nodes with ele resistances makes gearing for Chaos res very easy (very relevant this league)

Elementalist :
+ Possibility to go for bleeding immunity with "Death Doors" boots

Necro is very easy to start as it has better defense and gear costs less thanks to extra resistances. It's pretty safe and powerful setup to get used to different mechanics and can do all content as it is. TV Specters deal very heavy boss damage at 5-10 c pseudo 6-link helmet.

Elementalist is more offense / clear-speed oriented. Defenses are bit less (very good still), but immunity to pretty much all ailments makes kiting with 1 hand a pleasure. Golems don't die to anything else than Hall of the Grandmasters, but Specs can be squishy in Uber Elder fight. With Stacking enough Harmonies and high Golems levels boss kills speed is equal to Necros if not even faster with min-maxed gear.

I recommend Necro for new minion players or those who want to play with safety over max DPS.

Elementalist is great for players wanting to for more DPS or for those who hate using flasks.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
"Elementalist is great for players wanting to for more DPS or for those who hate using flasks."? I dont think soo. I played Necro and i think Necromaner have more DPS with 4x Tukohama in 6L Elder Helm + 6L 4x Flame Golem. Also Necro can use Flash offering its give nice cast speed to minions = more dmg.
So 4x Tuko and 4x Flame = better dmg than 5-6 Golems. Maybe only on Necro , golems can die faster when Elementalist Golems = moooore tanky.
Last edited by JustMane on Jun 12, 2018, 8:45:16 PM
"
OGNolan wrote:
First of all I must say this build is so well explained that im ashamed of asking help but i've wasted a good 2 hours trying to figure it out.

Can't get "How to run Discipline and 2x Curses simultaneously" even though I have everything as specified. I noticed Blasphemy support says 35% mana reserve but I feel that it uses more than that. If someone could look at my char in the Incursion league and send me a PM or write here what i'm missing that would be great.
My mana is at 277/926 while running discipline + chains

Lastly, Im pushing this build till the end of the season.

my char : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/OGNolan/characters

I fixed the characters privacy setting that was set to on I guess by default.
Apologies, what is the gem setup for 3r1g2b?
"
popotm wrote:
Can anyone tell me how many Harmony use for this build cant find on guide.

The more you stack, the higher your golem DPS will be. This is due to the cooldown of their abilities becoming lower so they can use them more and the %increased damage from the jewel itself.
Should we try to corrupt harnony now their a few line with great mod.

Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you
You cannot be Hindered
(4–5)% increased Damage
You cannot be Maimed
You cannot be Cursed with Silence
Etc.

On a side note i am still levelling its great so far i just changed from zombies to 3 specter 3 golems and just got my second curse.

Should i try to corrupt my SOTL or is the risk too great ?

Thanks!
---

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info