[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

My 20/20 spectres supported by level 18 minion life gem and lvl 20 gems in the helmet just fall over on T5 conservatory boss with blue mods. I think I'm just going to stop now. Please view my profile, but you'll find I have everything the OP does as a 6x FG and 3x spectre elementalist

Please anyone new coming to this thread, refrain from playing this build as an elementalist. See my post above.
Last edited by broseidon07 on Jun 13, 2018, 1:47:54 PM
"
broseidon07 wrote:
Please anyone new coming to this thread, refrain from playing this build as an elementalist. See my post above.

As Elementalist you don't need specters. Starting from lvl 41 elementalist just rolls over content with 5 golems in 5 link. You don't even need SOTL or Empower till red maps. You only need clayshapers, anima, might, tabula and then stack harmonies.

Specters are for necro.
Last edited by c__rat on Jun 13, 2018, 2:14:46 PM
double post
Last edited by c__rat on Jun 13, 2018, 2:08:12 PM
"
c__rat wrote:
"
broseidon07 wrote:

As Elementalist you don't need specters. Starting from lvl 41 elementalist just rolls over content with 5 golems in 5 link. You don't even need SOTL or Empower till red maps. You only need clayshapers, anima, might, tabula and then stack harmonies.

Specters are for necro.

I mean, look at my links in the skin of the loyal. Sure I could squeeze out another level or two, but in WHITE MAPS, with BLUE MODS, it took fucking forever to kill incursion mobs and the single target was not great. My arc totem guy is way better.
"
broseidon07 wrote:
I mean, look at my links in the skin of the loyal. Sure I could squeeze out another level or two, but in WHITE MAPS, with BLUE MODS, it took fucking forever to kill incursion mobs and the single target was not great. My arc totem guy is way better.

That is odd. How many harmonies you have?

I'm now lvl 72, close to your char. I have 3 nearly perfect harmonies. I run 7 golems only in 5l. Golem->Echo->Combustion->GMP->Minion Damage. Golems are lvl 21, other gems lvl 16-17 no quality. No specters. No other source of damage except for debuffs.

Flammability, EE, 50% of time applying shock with Ele confluxes. My gear is 25c worth (not including jewels of course).
With all this i melt every blue/yellow map up to Tier 3 (no higher Tiered maps dropped yet). Incursions 100% cleared most of the time.
Last edited by c__rat on Jun 13, 2018, 3:09:38 PM
"
JustMane wrote:
"Elementalist is great for players wanting to for more DPS or for those who hate using flasks."? I dont think soo. I played Necro and i think Necromaner have more DPS with 4x Tukohama in 6L Elder Helm + 6L 4x Flame Golem. Also Necro can use Flash offering its give nice cast speed to minions = more dmg.
So 4x Tuko and 4x Flame = better dmg than 5-6 Golems. Maybe only on Necro , golems can die faster when Elementalist Golems = moooore tanky.

Hello :)

Necro has more boss kill DPS while Elementalist has more overall damage. Using 4+1+1 mix gives Flame Golems so much DPS that they can start 1 shotting weaker rare enemies. Necro Golems wont get enough damage to constantly 1-shot rares, but TV specs more than compensate for this in boss damage. Both have better damage than each other but in different situations.

"
I fixed the characters privacy setting that was set to on I guess by default.

Hi :)

Pob shows that you have now 5% mana free after activating Discipline and both curses. You seem to have fixed the problem with mana already?

You have leveled both Shield Charge and Storm Burst. Both skills should be left at level 1 to keep mana cost down. Leveling them doesn't give any benefits.

"
Apologies, what is the gem setup for 3r1g2b?

Hey :)

Gem setup is :
Flame Golem -> Empower -> Fire Pene -> GMP -> Echo -> Minion Damage

"
The more you stack, the higher your golem DPS will be. This is due to the cooldown of their abilities becoming lower so they can use them more and the %increased damage from the jewel itself.

Hi :)

Yep, when in doubt more harmonies is always better. Rare jewels are great at doing specific things like adding new features for minions or capping res but Harmonies always boost DPS.

"
Should we try to corrupt harnony now their a few line with great mod.

Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you
You cannot be Hindered
(4–5)% increased Damage
You cannot be Maimed
You cannot be Cursed with Silence
Etc.

On a side note i am still levelling its great so far i just changed from zombies to 3 specter 3 golems and just got my second curse.

Should i try to corrupt my SOTL or is the risk too great ?

Thanks!

Hey :)

Harmonies are pretty cheap now and dream would be beneficial corruption on all 20% dmg / 45% cooldown harmonies. It's pretty safe to corrupt Harmonies as their as their price is low atm. Selling them for great benefit is not likely but they are nice extra for own Golemancer ;)

Sotl prices are increasing pretty fast as more of them gets corrupted and less are in circulation. However 6-white sockets and other variants become cheaper as there are more of them. It's good to corrupt them if you have surplus, but I would not corrupt my only Sotl.

"
My 20/20 spectres supported by level 18 minion life gem and lvl 20 gems in the helmet just fall over on T5 conservatory boss with blue mods. I think I'm just going to stop now. Please view my profile, but you'll find I have everything the OP does as a 6x FG and 3x spectre elementalist

"

"

Specters are for necro.

"

"
That is odd. How many harmonies you have?

I'm now lvl 72, close to your char. I have 3 nearly perfect harmonies. I run 7 golems only in 5l. Golem->Echo->Combustion->GMP->Minion Damage. Golems are lvl 21, other gems lvl 16-17 no quality. No specters. No other source of damage except for debuffs.

Flammability, EE, 50% of time applying shock with Ele confluxes. My gear is 25c worth (not including jewels of course).
With all this i melt every blue/yellow map up to Tier 3 (no higher Tiered maps dropped yet). Incursions 100% cleared most of the time.

IMPORTANT

Hello :)

There seems to be some confusion about Specters with build variants and I may have not written instruction clearly enough so It's time to clear it now.

Variants were not meant to be leveled with. It was meant to level as Necromancer and swap to variants when already 85+ level and having good gear & access to t15+ Specters. This made sure that Specters were already well supported and extremely tanky even without "Soul Weaver".

Players however had good success with leveling the variants using default necromancer leveling guide, so it became kinda norm to also level with them. However there are some restrictions for them.

Both Elementalist and Occultist require at minimum raising Specters level on each instance you can. Their HP is at low level in early-mid tier maps without Soul Weaver so they need to be kept as high level as possible.

Much better way is to trade / get lvl 20 Specter gem as soon as possible and then raise Specters from t15+ map. They can be raised with :
- Using lvl 20 Desecrate gem and lvl 20 Raise Specter gem self in t15+ map.
- Letting some other player use lvl 20 Desecrate gem and then raising lvl 20 Raise Specter gem self in t15+ map.

Difference between t5 and t15+ Specters DPS and HP is massive. I don't think I have lost any Specs with either Elementalist or Occultist in Shaper fight. Low level Specters are not tanky and need to be raised in level constantly or "cheated" out with using access to endgame maps and high level gems.

I apologize for the confusion. I'm going to add info about this to variants as soon as I get some free time.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 14, 2018, 12:34:35 AM
Why does elementalist path not need descecrate? I spend all my maps reviving my spectres, and i've got minion life gem linked.

Edit: Just saw the above post, ha. I hadn't refreshed for a while.
Last edited by Cerebris on Jun 14, 2018, 5:16:46 AM
So this is an alternative to mika's build (which was my base), and I'm not willing to make a full post about it, i'll share it here :)

POB Link: https://pastebin.com/Z95jRbcR

This is basically how I play the golementalist for a few league now:
- CoH double curse (either flammability + Elemental Weakness or swapping one of these with temporal chains)
- Double aura (Vaal Discipline + Vaal Haste). Can be improved to have anger or any other aura that reserve the same amount, but need mana reservation nodes (and requires to remove EE if Anger)
- 7 Golems (Either 4Flame + Ice + Lightning + Stone / Chaos, or 5 + Ice + Lightning)
- No spectres (especially for this league, and I don't like them anyway)
- No cast while channeling, because I don't want to be blocked doing channeling skills
- No curse aura, because I want vaal haste (and I still don't feel curse aura required)

Flasks are really important:
- Health anti bleed + instant low life
- Quartz allows us to go through groups of mobs with phasing, adding some dodge to spells and attacks
- Basalt for some damage reduction and anti curse
- Rumi for Armour and block
- Quicksilver for moves. (I usually try to have +30% speed on it, as I don't have movement skills).
- I also have a mana potion in inventory, for no regen map, that I switch with Rumi)

Pantheon:
- Lunaris for damage reduction and projectile dodge/chain
- Shakari (I think it's this one) for chaos / dot reduction and poison immunity

How I play:
- Use ball lightning (can be swapped to arc this league or freezing pulse) to move your golems
- Use the potions and run through all rooms, trying to avoid a little bit the mobs not to be one shotted ;) so golem follow you while killing everything.
- Dodge, kite :)
- For boss, tough monsters, use offering and even vaal haste (especially in incursions)

Current stuff (in case you are lazy to look for it in my profile):
Stuff

Still to be improved, but you get the idea :)

Hope it helps and give some idea to people :)
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Last edited by Anakhon on Jun 14, 2018, 12:45:59 PM
Hi again!

Do you think the onslaught on kill (corruption mod on clayshaper) works when our minions kill something? If it does, it would add a decent chunk of movement speed for little to 0 effort into this build :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info