Donald Trump and US politics

"
Xavderion wrote:

You can't survive in the New York construction industry if you're not an asshole. Obama is a very likeable guy despite being somewhat of a warmonger. It's all about perception, not about what you actually do.

Obama is a world-class jerk. I can't see in what way one could call him "likeable." I would call him a childish narcissist, unaccomplished, dishonest. Likeable? Nope. Between Trump and Obama, I know with whom I'd rather have a beer and a pizza: The guy who wouldn't start out looking down his nose at me, then stick me with the tab. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

You can't survive in the New York construction industry if you're not an asshole. Obama is a very likeable guy despite being somewhat of a warmonger. It's all about perception, not about what you actually do.

Obama is a world-class jerk. I can't see in what way one could call him "likeable." I would call him a childish narcissist, unaccomplished, dishonest. Likeable? Nope. Between Trump and Obama, I know with whom I'd rather have a beer and a pizza: The guy who wouldn't start out looking down his nose at me, then stick me with the tab. ='[.]'=

The way I would define Obama is extremely charismatic. He could probably sell ice to an Eskimo and convince him he's doing him a favor. Scratch that, he got a fucking Nobel peace prize while he was bombing the entire Middle East - selling ice would be child's play in comparison.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 7, 2017, 6:01:57 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

The way I would define Obama is extremely charismatic. He could probably sell ice to an Eskimo and convince him he's doing him a favor. Scratch that, he got a fucking Nobel peace prize while he was bombing the entire Middle East - selling ice would be child's play in comparison.

Obama's "popularity" capitalized entirely on skin tone. He validated the "virtue" of an entire spectrum of guilty white folks, race-focused blacks, and those caught up in the "historical presidency." Obama is and has been nothing more than a glorified community organizer, a rabble-rousing shyster. =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Not an Obama fan but saying his only quality worth mentioning is being black isn't true and you know it. He's like Bill Clinton, a highly polished communicator. I'm not qualified to say if it's "glib and superficial charm" or the real deal, but they both have it in spades.

Speaking of which, Trump is also a good communicator in a certain way, and he has some similarities to George W. Bush just as Obama has to Clinton. Trump manages to come off as a good ol' boy, just one of the people. Short, straightforward words, patriotic and emotional tone, nothing too highbrow, all nice and simple.

Someone you'd have a beer with in the pub.

They simply have different target audiences and different core qualities to attract them.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 7, 2017, 7:02:57 AM
Yeah I agree with bars, Jesse Jackson was black, he got nowhere. Obama was a 1st class bullshit artist and made people feel at ease is why he got elected. Did being black help? Sure among the left who looks at everything through racial filter but secondary.

Its easy for Obama to beat Hillary- Her and Ted Cruz are hard to like even if they were handing out food at a homeless shelter
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 7, 2017, 7:40:04 AM
Obama was / is definitely popular. He's a suave smooth-talker that, as Bars says, could sell you "fresh mountain air" in a plastic bag. Obama was a neocon, doing his neocon stuff, while having all the liberals / leftists by the balls and infatuated with him. In this regard he is a total winner, one of the best con-artists that won the presidency.

Trump haters are criticizing how Trump is a "celebrity" (which is true), ignoring that Obama was a celebrity president for 8 years.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Feb 7, 2017, 7:37:42 AM
"
morbo wrote:
Obama was / is definitely popular. He's a suave smooth-talker that, as Bars says, could sell you "fresh mountain air" in a plastic bag. Obama was a neocon, doing his neocon stuff, while having all the liberals / leftists by the balls and infatuated with him. In this regard he is a total winner, one of the best con-artists that won the presidency.

Trump haters are criticizing how Trump is a "celebrity" (which is true), ignoring that Obama was a celebrity president for 8 years.

I like how when Obamacare passed and health/hospital stocks like doubled democrats still were in love with him (couple were honest about the fuck job like Dean or Kusinish). Or BP spill quickly settled peanuts with no class action possible for victims.. Two more trillion in TARPS, etc He wasnt just a neocon he was owned by every industry at least as much as BUSH. But of course they are from same globalist/ivy league stock. Dems/media are just too much sheep to see through his feel-your-pain classic liberal language while he was selling out the poor and the working class to corporate power.

More here on his terrible legacy
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-19/obamas-zero-legacy
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 7, 2017, 8:29:21 AM
If you want to witness another instance of Trump playing 4D chess, he literally made BBC list all the terror attacks that happened recently, which only aids to his narrative of needing to be strong on terror and immigration.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38890090
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Git R Dun!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Wow, I was expecting at least some effort in the responses. Jesus, God help you lot.

And it's not as if still don't hold the record here for most non spam hefty posts, so when I say only that, know just how despondent I am.
If the best criticism you can muster against Trump is a single vague word, then you expect us to defend against that, despondency is precisely what you deserve; it's exactly what I felt trying to respond to your unreasonable request.

Speaking of effort, I've got an idea: define "asshole."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 7, 2017, 9:24:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info