Donald Trump and US politics

"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
Well, since the other thread got egged by "AntiFa", shall we continue the debate here?

The last word was a dilemma about if Donald Trump is the usual evil capitalist (top hat + monocle) in clever disguise and bought by special interests, or is he genuinely interested in economic changes that will benefit workers and middle class? Will he be influenced by the usual lobbyists or since he's already very rich, be more resistant to corruption?

I myself have some hopes for the better.

I am grateful to the OP of the "other thread" for having had it closed. I had promised him that I wouldn't post in his thread, anymore, and could only watch and read. Now, there is a Trump thread in which I may freely participate.

As for the question, it sure seems as if, whatever President Trump's motives, he's hell-bent on fulfilling as many of his campaign promises as he can, even if not in the ways he had originally envisioned. He's busting tail getting a LOT done (more in the first week than most POTI do in their first several months), and it's already beginning to look like the "even if he doesn't accomplish anything else" line will be crossed by the end of this year. =^[.]^=

But he is just proving more and more how much of a dictator he is. What does he really accomplish other than divide america? He goes on a trade war with Mexico over a wall that no one needs, he bans immigrants from entering the US which is most likely unconstitutional and he has Steve Bannon in a very high position and that guy is a white supremacist.
Reasons why democrates lost the election and will lose again in 4 years:

1. Hypocrisy, they became everything they swore to fight and while calling Trump a fascist and a dictator, they act exactly like little fascists.

2. They had the worst candidate in the history of america, Hillary is the most corrupt politician to ever participate to the presidential race.

3. Trump is not a racist, a biggot, an homophobe and a fascit. And as long as the liberals cannot accept this, they will never come up with good argument to convince anyone they are the ones who are right.

4. They alienated most of the population to their cause, they assaulted verbally and physically every group that were not agreeing with them in the past few years. This caused people to rally themselves on different banner. They fail to realize there are so many ex-democrates who voted twice for Obama that have voted for Trump. Calling half of the population "the basket of deplorables was stupid" demonizing the cops too was stupid, humiliating the scientific community because their studies doesn't get along with the narrative of the left was also very stupid.... They progressively pushed every group that supported them one by one....

and you why do you think Hillary lost?
Last edited by diablofdb on Jan 29, 2017, 9:13:23 AM
"
diablofdb wrote:
Reasons why democrates lost the election and will lose again in 4 years:

1. Hypocrisy, they became everything they swore to fight and while calling Trump a fascist and a dictator, they act exactly like little fascists.

2. They had the worst candidate in the history of america, Hillary is the most corrupt politician to ever participate to the presidential race.

3. Trump is not a racist, a biggot, an homophobe and a fascit. And as long as the liberals cannot accept this, they will never come up with good argument to convince anyone they are the ones who are right.

4. They alienated most of the population to their cause, they assaulted verbally and physically every group that were not agreeing with them in the past few years. This caused people to rally themselves on different banner. They fail to realize there are so many ex-democrates who voted twice for Obama that have voted for Trump. Calling half of the population "the basket of deplorables was stupid" demonizing the cops too was stupid, humiliating the scientific community because their studies doesn't get along with the narrative of the left was also very stupid.... They progressively pushed every group that supported them one by one....

and you why do you think Hillary lost?

He is all those things you put under point 3. Trump wont get a second term. He might not even finish his first.
When you're so salty that you shut down a 400+ pages thread.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Once Trump cleans up all the illegal voting he might even win cali like Reagan did.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 29, 2017, 9:36:03 AM
"
Bars wrote:

Meanwhile in Canada, liberals will now try to compete who will bring in more "refugees". Doesnt matter from where, if you are from Pakistan and show up on the border without any documents, you are still in.

Meanwhile in Syria: News reports from Aleppo | January 26th 2017 | Russian doctors in Aleppo
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Actually canada has more sane refugee program than we have.

"Canada's Syrian refugee plan limited to women, children and families
Unaccompanied men not included because of ongoing security concerns"

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/canada-refugee-plan-women-children-families-1.3330185
Git R Dun!
"
morbo wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

Meanwhile in Canada, liberals will now try to compete who will bring in more "refugees". Doesnt matter from where, if you are from Pakistan and show up on the border without any documents, you are still in.

Meanwhile in Syria: News reports from Aleppo | January 26th 2017 | Russian doctors in Aleppo

We are fucked
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

There are 50K homeless just in LA http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-homeless-count-20170127-story.html

the move to get jobs back to america is the right thing to do.

what "export oriented" countries like germany don't get is, they massively deliver real goods in exchange for paper money (better: some numbers in some computers who register the debt they have towards us) in exchange of just having low paid jobs for germans.

while it's unlikely that germany will come to it's senses itself, it's on other states/governments to protect themselves from our exports to avoid massive trade imbalances by introducing taxes on imported goods.

while you're in the position to do so, our european neighbours weren't that lucky.

---

i know it's quite unpopular in america because there are myths that state funding is a bad thing while at the same time big innovations where companies massively profit from are done with state money (the internet, 70% of the tech used in the iphone) but there needs to be a vision for infrastructure and tech improvements and the state needs to provide the foundations for companies to exploit them for products (again).

the american state would have the monetary power to employ everybody seeking work for the minimum wage for tasks which private companies mostly wouldn't do, money isn't a problem for the gov since they're able to directly get it from their treasury. it's education and skill that are in dire need to build that stuff.

before you cry about how bad that idea is just wait for a moment and think of the american military which is the biggest state funded mass employment program america successfully runs (which even has private competitors).
all these ressources to have people linger around in the world doing mostly nothing contributional while those guys working at home to provide services and goods for your own people could provide masive benefits for the american society.

(i know we're on different sides on this, i just wanted to have mentioned my side)

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Your nation will have a reckoning like this as well. See when you give away free shit you get free loaders until system is overwhelmed and life becomes untenable for people who actually pay for it. AFD maybe small now but so was Trump at one time.

of course there is misuse and failed allocation.

but why cancel a practice that works overal for the majority of people and allows talented kids of poor households to realise their dreams of a intellectual life?

eventually, money isn't a restricted ressource even for germany despite our gov decided to borrow state debt from people for political reasons (they go around that practice anyway when need is dire, also germany can borrow for negative interest at the moment), it's the amount of teachers and schools/universities that are limiting our capacity to educate the youngsters.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
illegal voting

Source?
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info