Donald Trump and US politics

I'm not sure how anyone trusts computers for anything sensitive, ever. I've dealt with them my entire adult life and it's all a giant patchwork of half-finished implementations and unwritten or unfulfilled contracts.

The details of the Russian hack is "phishing". Sending e-mails with Word docs that contain malware because of course they do because we can't just send raw text to each other. Anyone can phish. Anyone can send an e-mail. Anyone can spoof SMTP headers and the whole fucking thing is in plaintext across the most hostile, unreliable network imaginable.

How does a state actor ever get implicated doing this? How does anyone definitively say that it isn't one state actor trying to frame another? Or that it isn't a bored kekistani or a greedy arms dealer trying to frame a state actor for fun or profit? This supposed attack could have been run entirely from my child's My First Laptop that has an internet connection and at least two transistors to rub together vigorously.

Given the ease, it's almost absurd to think that it doesn't happen all the time from every source. That the NSA can be convinced that it's definitely Russia is already one huge deviation away from the mean, and especially after they've both been proven to lie and proven to hoard cyber munitions (the least of which is unironically toolkits for spoofing attack sources).

And yet the media runs the story (because it's easy money), and here we are.

My question of what the USA response is going to be would be better rewritten as "and now what stupid, knee-jerk thing are we going to be roped into this time?"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Oh i guarantee they will shit can Trump i said it on like pg 5-20 or so. just funny watching evidence rolling like yellowcake from niger is all

On what, exactly, do you base your "guarantee?" For what high crimes and misdemeanors will President Trump be charged, in order to bring articles of impeachment? It's all very well and good to point fingers and chant "Muh Roosha," but that doesn't meet the legal standard for removing POTUS from office. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
pneuma wrote:
I'm not sure how anyone trusts computers for anything sensitive, ever. I've dealt with them my entire adult life and it's all a giant patchwork of half-finished implementations and unwritten or unfulfilled contracts.

The details of the Russian hack is "phishing". Sending e-mails with Word docs that contain malware because of course they do because we can't just send raw text to each other. Anyone can phish. Anyone can send an e-mail. Anyone can spoof SMTP headers and the whole fucking thing is in plaintext across the most hostile, unreliable network imaginable.

How does a state actor ever get implicated doing this? How does anyone definitively say that it isn't one state actor trying to frame another? Or that it isn't a bored kekistani or a greedy arms dealer trying to frame a state actor for fun or profit? This supposed attack could have been run entirely from my child's My First Laptop that has an internet connection and at least two transistors to rub together vigorously.

Given the ease, it's almost absurd to think that it doesn't happen all the time from every source. That the NSA can be convinced that it's definitely Russia is already one huge deviation away from the mean, and especially after they've both been proven to lie and proven to hoard cyber munitions (the least of which is unironically toolkits for spoofing attack sources).

And yet the media runs the story (because it's easy money), and here we are.

My question of what the USA response is going to be would be better rewritten as "and now what stupid, knee-jerk thing are we going to be roped into this time?"
I just want our lefty friends to know that, through a basic YouTube search, this entire excellent post can be delivered in the soothing, authoritative tones of the voice of John McAfee, of McAfee Security fame. Well, for the most part, anyway.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
faerwin wrote:
"
Trump didn't change anything.

You are correct, Trump didn't change anything, the US are the same harbinger of terror in the middle east.

See how easy it is to quote out of context?

Harbinger would be a vast understatement. The US is no mere messenger, but at various times has been and is a supplier, decision maker and active participant in the violence of the Middle East. Trump won't and can't change that. What he can and is attempting to do is change the goal from destabilization and overthrow to regional stability and elimination of the elements that pose the most immediate threat to the US.

Whether that strategy will be the best in the long term is difficult to assess. Historically, around the world it has been the lesser of various evils.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I'm just gonna leave this here, TOP KEK!

https://twitter.com/MaxineVVaters

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 6, 2017, 10:20:59 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I'm just gonna leave this here, TOP KEK!

https://twitter.com/MaxineVVaters

A fake twitter account? You are easily entertained...
"
sarahaustin wrote:

A fake twitter account? You are easily entertained...

A lot of people are responding because they think it's real. It's a pretty solid troll.

Maxine's rhetoric is so far over the top that it's easy to see why many people think it's legit. And that's why the troll is successful.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 6, 2017, 12:52:01 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Oh i guarantee they will shit can Trump i said it on like pg 5-20 or so. just funny watching evidence rolling like yellowcake from niger is all

On what, exactly, do you base your "guarantee?" For what high crimes and misdemeanors will President Trump be charged, in order to bring articles of impeachment? It's all very well and good to point fingers and chant "Muh Roosha," but that doesn't meet the legal standard for removing POTUS from office. =9[.]9=

They will manufacture proof if they have to. Or one of our 5 eyes allies will. The PTB are just prepping public with non stop stories and innuendo that trump colluded with russia to win election right now so when smoking gun drops we wont have too much civil disturbances after impeachment because its expected.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 6, 2017, 2:01:18 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

They will manufacture proof if they have to. Or one of our 5 eyes allies will. The PTB are just prepping public with non stop stories and innuendo that trump colluded with russia to win election right now so when smoking gun drops we wont have too much civil disturbances after impeachment because its expected.
I see that you are already preparing to declare any proved link between Trump and Russia as fake news.

I am curious why you have such blind acceptance of Trump's infallibility. Ignoring the media, Trump's own public actions and those of his team are beyond belief. Help me out here. What is it that you find so appealing? Thanks.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I love this level of denial from you guys on this. Funny thing is that GGG gets more flak for "secretly" working on a XBOX version or the free effects via prime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info