Donald Trump and US politics

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I could end terrorism tomorrow. Stop all social welfare. need to be of service to even eat. and old ppl need to produce good children to eat. changes ppls attitude quick..sure youd have some dead enders but once that gone would be paradise

an idle mind is devils playground
No you couldn't. The bureaucracy needed to implement such a plan is beyond your's or anyone's reach. And you might find that not everyone required to carry out such a thing would agree with you. Youthful fantasy.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
ScrotieMcB never wrote:
"
The biggest virtue is to be anti-Trump on every single issue. Trump is always wrong and fuck, Trump supports motherfucking ISIS.
Thanks for coming clean and relaying your true feelings on our President.
If you really think what you did there is at all equivalent with what Trump did, then partisanship is apparently more important to you than truth.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:
ScrotieMcB never wrote:
"
The biggest virtue is to be anti-Trump on every single issue. Trump is always wrong and fuck, Trump supports motherfucking ISIS.
Thanks for coming clean and relaying your true feelings on our President.
If you really think what you did there is at all equivalent with what Trump did, then partisanship is apparently more important to you than truth.
I merely trimmed your comments to fit a shorten format. My edit of your post was perhaps more extreme than Donald's, but I was trying to make a point. Editing comments to change their meaning is wrong. That is what Trump did. You appear to approve of such practices.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Jun 5, 2017, 9:23:35 PM
I hope y'all are getting something out of this, because you just look like complete fools.

---

Pretty interesting breaking Russia news due to a leak from within the NSA. Leaker has already been identified and arrested, and it looks like there's enough confirmation to put the contents of the leak above question.

NSA is convinced that Russia was attempting to hack the voting system directly and/or attack voter registration directly leading up to the election.

I know it's not 100% relevant to this topic since it doesn't implicate nor exonerate Trump, but I'm wondering what the USA response is going to be.

EDIT:
For those that don't want to click through, the conclusion is very strong:
"
All of this taken together ratchets up the stakes of the ongoing investigations into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian operatives, which promises to soak up more national attention this week as fired FBI Director James Comey appears before Congress to testify. If collusion can ultimately be demonstrated — a big if at this point — then the assistance on Russia’s part went beyond allegedly hacking email to serve a propaganda campaign, and bled into an attack on U.S. election infrastructure itself.

Whatever the investigation into the Trump campaign concludes, however, it pales in comparison to the threat posed to the legitimacy of U.S. elections if the infrastructure itself can’t be secured. The NSA conclusion “demonstrates that countries are looking at specific tactics for election manipulation, and we need to be vigilant in defense,” said Schneier. “Elections do two things: one choose the winner, and two, they convince the loser. To the extent the elections are vulnerable to hacking, we risk the legitimacy of the voting process, even if there is no actual hacking at the time.”
Last edited by pneuma on Jun 5, 2017, 9:32:01 PM
NSA? you cant be serious using this as a reliable source. This is place where director lied right in front of congress. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2013/06/fire_dni_james_clapper_he_lied_to_congress_about_nsa_surveillance.htmlNot to mention all the other lies to justify invasions near and far. Why not quote the Onion?

Better have smoking guns rather than what NSA said before I believe.

Not to mention Russia is a third world shit hole. yet somehow behind everything. Maybe they killed Prince.

What a joke.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 5, 2017, 9:49:07 PM
@pneuma

There were numerous alternate-media reports on vulnerabilities in the voting system and potential exploits in the run-up to November 8, usually from the perspective of potential Democrat election rigging. Some of it seemed tinfoil, a small amount seemed plausible; the plausible stuff normally explained that sufficient exit polling would prevent all but minor tampering. I think we had this and the general was mostly free from tampering.

However, in the Democratic primary, there were instances of official exit polling being cancelled and independent exit pollsters getting chased off. The suspicions of primary vote tampering are not without basis.

My prediction is that the Deep State is finally going to throw Clinton under the bus... by claiming that Russian interference guaranteed her the nomination, cheating Sanders. Let's see if I'm right.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 5, 2017, 9:55:14 PM
I think liberals are more paranoid about Russians than republicans by Muslims basically two effete groups. This whole theater is seriously amusing to me. its like ppl pulling ur strings and youre clueless.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 5, 2017, 10:14:16 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
NSA? you cant be serious using this as a reliable source. This is place where director lied right in front of congress. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2013/06/fire_dni_james_clapper_he_lied_to_congress_about_nsa_surveillance.htmlNot to mention all the other lies to justify invasions near and far. Why not quote the Onion?

Better have smoking guns rather than what NSA said before I believe.

Not to mention Russia is a third world shit hole. yet somehow behind everything. Maybe they killed Prince.

What a joke.

I totally understand the lack of trust. I mean, this is the same NSA that said they would not and did not illegally spy on American citizens... "oops".

At any rate, it's a fairly important report, if not for its factualness then at least for what our bureaucrats are going to be forced to do or react with.

---

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
However, in the Democratic primary, there were instances of official exit polling being cancelled and independent exit pollsters getting chased off. The suspicions of primary vote tampering are not without basis.

My prediction is that the Deep State is finally going to throw Clinton under the bus... by claiming that Russian interference guaranteed her the nomination, cheating Sanders. Let's see if I'm right.

That seems very improbable. Or rather, the simpler solution is that Clinton and the rest of the DNC rigged it themselves, directly.

If this is agitprop, then it just seems like a refocusing of spurious anti-Russian/wartime talk away from Trump and more directly onto Russia. Like, the first attempt to put a target on Russia's back didn't work, so this is attempt number two.
Oh i guarantee they will shit can Trump i said it on like pg 5-20 or so. just funny watching evidence rolling like yellowcake from niger is all
Git R Dun!
"
pneuma wrote:

NSA is convinced that Russia was attempting to hack the voting system directly and/or attack voter registration directly leading up to the election.

I know it's not 100% relevant to this topic since it doesn't implicate nor exonerate Trump, but I'm wondering what the USA response is going to be.

One of the larger problems is that the conversation about all this as told through the media is fundamentally incomplete and dishonest.

In the context of this leak, the question begs--it's always begged--what is the standard for Russian hacking against the US? Did they attempt to hack in 2008, 2012, etc. with the purpose of disrupting the election? Just today, how many automated attacks from that part of the world occurred on our networks, government and/or private sector? 100, 1000, 10000? Because if it's more than zero, then the US response will be whatever it's always been...who knows, I'm sure the US enjoys asymmetric advantage it leverages on a daily basis against foreign networks. Further, if it's more than zero then Trump's involvement is 100% incidental, unless there's a direct intercept proving collusion...which to this point no one has provided.

The media is both worthless and dishonest, because it's a basic question to understand the context of Russian hacking against American networks. The current narrative would have us believe Russia never ever ever attempted to breach said network(s) before Trump, and therefore Trump is necessarily involved somehow. It's so incredibly lazy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info