Donald Trump and US politics

"
ChanBalam wrote:
blah blah fake science/psychology.

I meet teens more mature than most adults usually immigrants/foreigners. You just don't because we infantilize ppl here well into adulthood. From bankruptcy to social welfare ppl are not allowed to grow up. Not to mention boobtube, booze, drugs and other garbage that destroys human development.

http://hci.ucsd.edu/102b/readings/WeirdestPeople.pdf

Just read you'll see many arrogant assumptions you and so called professionals cling to are untrue.

"

Behavioral scientists routinely publish broad claims about human psychology and behavior in the world’s top journals based
on samples drawn entirely from Western, Educated, Industrialized, Rich, and Democratic (WEIRD) societies. Researchers – often
implicitly – assume that either there is little variation across human populations, or that these “standard subjects” are as
representative of the species as any other population.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 6, 2017, 10:35:38 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
hey I'm back

and I'm gonna share this:

CNN caught staging a reportage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB4RelW5M-c

Wow! FOX should be running this 24/7. Put Communist News Network on trial. Maybe Fox is fake too though so they don't want to shake up system of fake news.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 6, 2017, 10:49:46 PM
Maybe.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 6, 2017, 10:55:11 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:
blah blah fake science/psychology.

I meet teens more mature than most adults usually immigrants/foreigners. You just don't because we infantilize ppl here well into adulthood. From bankruptcy to social welfare ppl are not allowed to grow up. Not to mention boobtube, booze, drugs and other garbage that destroys human development.

http://hci.ucsd.edu/102b/readings/WeirdestPeople.pdf

Just read you'll see many arrogant assumptions you and so called professionals cling to are untrue.

"

Behavioral scientists routinely publish broad claims about human psychology and behavior in the world’s top journals based
on samples drawn entirely from Western, Educated, Industrialized, Rich, and Democratic (WEIRD) societies. Researchers – often
implicitly – assume that either there is little variation across human populations, or that these “standard subjects” are as
representative of the species as any other population.
I read your article. It was interesting and took aim at weakness in the study of human psychology. What is your cultural affiliation? Are you from a western-like society or from a small obscure group?

I am an American and have been in business (my own and those owned by others for over 30 years). The only assumption I have made in this thread is that physical brain development is pretty standard across humans. Are you claiming that your brain's development followed a different path? That is an interesting idea, but pretty hard to support. My elderly perspective tells me that such a claim is mostly rooted in youthful enthusiasm for having all the answers. If that is not what you are claiming, then I stand corrected.

Did you post that article to claim that your brain development process was atypical, different from what is accepted as normal? Or are you just trying to poke at traditional science? You called my post fake science and then posted a science article. Perhaps yours is fake too. Are we going to have a posting science journals war?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
My background is very mixed afghan/korean/mexican/white...basically a typical southern cali person nowadays. What difference does that make? Point is u baby ppl they will be babies and thats what liberals/dems do. I've probably been to 90% of countries in the world before I was 16 and seen it. This study proves it.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 7, 2017, 12:17:22 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
My background is very mixed afghan/korean/mexican/white...basically a typical southern cali person nowadays. What difference does that make? Point is u baby ppl they will be babies and thats what liberals/dems do. I've probably been to 90% of countries in the world before I was 16 and seen it. This study proves it.
I'm not sure what you think the study proves. Please tell me again. In any case, here is what the authors of your posted article say their study presents:

"Overall, these empirical patterns suggests that we need to be less cavalier in addressing
questions of human nature on the basis of data drawn from this particularly thin, and rather unusual, slice of humanity. We close by proposing ways to structurally re-organize the behavioral sciences to best tackle these challenges."

It is quite easy and often appropriate to criticize the US for its lifestyle failings. But I could do the same for just about any other country in the world. Cultural criticism is pretty easy and the US is a big easy target. Being such a world traveler, why are you in California? Why don't you live in Mexico, Afghanistan or Korea? Perhaps your upbringing was difficult/challenging and you feel that it taught you a lot of useful lessons. You want others to learn like you did. My young life was not so hard, but it turned out pretty nice in the end. I am mostly liberal, but more than that I am anti stupidity and realistic. Ideology blinds one to the possibilities.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Meanwhile, in the settled science of climate change:

"
Claims Of Unprecedented Global-Scale Modern Warming
80 Graphs From 58 New (2017) Papers Invalidate Claims Of Unprecedented Global-Scale Modern Warming

http://notrickszone.com/2017/05/29/80-graphs-from-58-new-2017-papers-invalidate-claims-of-unprecedented-global-scale-modern-warming/#sthash.ktF0tSb7.VNzBIgBw.dpbs

Lotsa graphs and data to see. It takes a real hockey puck to buy the hockey stick. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Global warming is the biggest hoax mankind ever invented to keep useless researchers employeed on tax payer dime who baffle public with bullshit, liberals who being liberals want no signs of production, and the elite to take 90% and deposit in their swiss bank like Haiti funds.

You want to do something for environment? Stop eating meat like I have. Every calorie you take in in animal uses 95%+ more land/water/fuel than a calorie of vegetable. Cut out the middle man that burns so much energy just keeping him alive. Eat those greens directly.

http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/

OFC thats hard and public would never "swallow" it so elites would never propose something that actually does something. What a joke.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 7, 2017, 4:28:57 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You want to do something for environment? Stop eating meat like I have. Every calorie you take in in animal uses 95%+ more land/water/fuel than a calorie of vegetable. Cut out the middle man that burns so much energy just keeping him alive. Eat those greens directly.

Or start a bug farm.

If farmers raised insects rather than cattle, we could cut back on food costs, farm waste, and local and regional hunger.

Of course there's the hilarious stigma about eating bugs. It's "gross", despite how rich they are in comparison to beef or pork.

That will never happen on a large level unfortunately. Although there are a few who have started to try to make changes and do things locally in America. I doubt it'll catch on though.
Bring back race seasons.
Lol, Sessions is about to resign over the Russia thing. Yeah, its so fake news and all, right?^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info