Donald Trump and US politics

"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You want to do something for environment? Stop eating meat like I have. Every calorie you take in in animal uses 95%+ more land/water/fuel than a calorie of vegetable. Cut out the middle man that burns so much energy just keeping him alive. Eat those greens directly.

Or start a bug farm.

If farmers raised insects rather than cattle, we could cut back on food costs, farm waste, and local and regional hunger.

Of course there's the hilarious stigma about eating bugs. It's "gross", despite how rich they are in comparison to beef or pork.

That will never happen on a large level unfortunately. Although there are a few who have started to try to make changes and do things locally in America. I doubt it'll catch on though.

Crabs, shrimp, and lobsters are "bugs."

Grow 'em big and tasty, and I'll eat 'em. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Let the intellectual property shenanigans begin.

Knew it wouldn't be long for dust ups in the patent office, expecting similar in copyright office as well. Substantial number of people in the administration owe, at least in part (big part), their financial success to obtaining rights to other people's works through market pressures.
Hey...is this thing on?
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Global warming is the biggest hoax mankind ever invented to keep useless researchers employeed on tax payer dime who baffle public with bullshit, liberals who being liberals want no signs of production, and the elite to take 90% and deposit in their swiss bank like Haiti funds.

You want to do something for environment? Stop eating meat like I have. Every calorie you take in in animal uses 95%+ more land/water/fuel than a calorie of vegetable. Cut out the middle man that burns so much energy just keeping him alive. Eat those greens directly.

http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/

OFC thats hard and public would never "swallow" it so elites would never propose something that actually does something. What a joke.
You are correct that to stop/reduce one's meat eating is a quick way to improve the environment and help reduce global warming. More people should do so.

Global warming, though, is a tiered issue. At the base you have decades of work by thousands of independent researchers that have produced various findings like: reduced polar ice caps, increasing temperatures in the North Atlantic, changed migration patterns, increased/reduced bio zones based on temperature changes, sea level rises, CO2 level changes, etc. There is lots and lots of data that has been and is still being collected.

On the tier above that you have those scientists who use that data to isolate trends and make predictions about what that data means over short, medium and long term time spans.

Above that, you have government and industry funding that is used to guide the next round of research. The government funds all kinds of research, some perhaps more worthwhile than others. It is a competitive process though, except for defense oriented research like they do at the national labs: Los Alamos, Sandia, and Livermore. Research grants produce high paying jobs and create community wealth. They are also part of the process of training the next generation of skilled scientists.

So let me ask, where do you see the problem? Is the data wrong? Are all those scientists falsifying their research? And/or, is it the trend analysis that is wrong? Are the people who use that data wrong in their analysis or are they falsifying their research to get more research dollars?

And/or do you object to how the government distributes millions of dollars to people who don't deserve those dollars. Do you think that the government should get out of the business of supporting research? all research or just the research you think is inappropriate?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
diablofdb wrote:

I was waiting for her to have an aneurysm, but then that requires possession of a functioning brain, first. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

You want to do something for environment? Stop eating meat like I have. Every calorie you take in in animal uses 95%+ more land/water/fuel than a calorie of vegetable.

Nah people just need to stop shitting out kids. That's the largest positive impact a person can make, don't have kids.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

You want to do something for environment? Stop eating meat like I have. Every calorie you take in in animal uses 95%+ more land/water/fuel than a calorie of vegetable.

Nah people just need to stop shitting out kids. That's the largest positive impact a person can make, don't have kids.

Make birth illegal for 10 years for population control.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Some people support the death penalty for those attempting to be born. ='[.]'=
you know what I love you ALL guys (and girls) you ppl are nice, even when we disagree.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Providing such practices apply only to virtues signalling members of the regressive Left, I reckon that's an excellent way for the Right side to start winning the culture war (along with sane immigration policy). We'll teach our children how to be proud ethnic Kekistanis; you'll teach your cats.

That's not my original strategy though; I stole it from Erdogan.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 7, 2017, 10:05:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info