Donald Trump and US politics

"
DalaiLama wrote:

The group that should be experiencing some serious inquiry and possible repercussions are the authorities that let protests get out of hand, blocking streets or becoming violent. If there are groups (especially foreign) financially supporting them, then they should also be prosecuted where possible.

I kind of find it hard to blame the cops for that, remember the BLM movment last year? Everyone was blaming the cops and calling their death, even the government was behind BLM and Obama was supporting them.

Actually if there would be some group of people to blame it would be the media the governement and Obama's administration.

Well that explains a lot...

------------

"Donald Trump and US politics" is the name of the topic, but there is more bashing of people that voted/belong to a political group, than discussion of politics itself.

"Hey hey, look those f**king libruls doing it again!"
Last edited by soneka101 on Mar 27, 2017, 8:33:38 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
remember the BLM movment last year? Everyone was blaming the cops and calling their death

Or a tiny few.

Seems like in every protest, there are a few bad eggs.

Shocker.

Seems like in every movement or group, there are people who use a minority of bad eggs from an opposition and stereotype those as the majority.

Shocker.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 27, 2017, 9:12:22 PM
I think we expected better from a outstanding community member, multi-book selling author, and role model than making fun of someone for typing English poorly when it is not their first language.

Arguments should be made against what people say, not how they say it, anything else is deflection and only someone with a feeble mind would choose that option.

We all expect diablofb to act how he does, but an extremely educated and intellectual and more synonyms forum member should not stoop to that level.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 27, 2017, 9:30:01 PM
Say what you want about BLM, but they are definitely not a good group.

They helped to make race relations in the country worse, and didn't really accomplish anything they set out to accomplish.

Luckily my city doesn't have that type of bs activity. Everyone just kinda chills.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 27, 2017, 9:27:06 PM
"
Manocean wrote:

They helped to make race relations in the country worse, and didn't really accomplish anything they set out to accomplish.

Luckily my city doesn't have that type of bs activity. Everyone just kinda chills.

Again, you are just using the bad eggs to stereotype a whole movement.

I mean, if you were to just watch Infowars and the like, it's understandable you'd do that.

Spoiler
Yes, I saw your post before you edited it after realising how linking Infowars video just backed up what I said.
Casually casual.

"
deathflower wrote:
The truth is majority of the poor don't vote. The question of why Democrats help the poor is that it is virtue signalling to win the ones that do vote. A sort of publicity stunt. Some Democrats might care but the truth is the poor hardly matter.
This is a misinterpretation. The best indicator of voter turnout, better than income, is age; age happens to have a correlation with income. The younger generations are increasingly cynical about their representation in government... or naive enough to buy into campus indoctrination culture. And those reliable high-turnout generations... they're dying off.

Edit: Merely watching Alex Jones doesn't make you a bad person. It's watching him, or the equally rabid Keith Olbermann, or anyone really, without a critical eye that is bad.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 27, 2017, 10:20:28 PM
"
Manocean wrote:

I think they achieved exactly what they set out to. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
The truth is majority of the poor don't vote. The question of why Democrats help the poor is that it is virtue signalling to win the ones that do vote. A sort of publicity stunt. Some Democrats might care but the truth is the poor hardly matter.
This is a misinterpretation. The best indicator of voter turnout, better than income, is age; age happens to have a correlation with income. The younger generations are increasingly cynical about their representation in government... or naive enough to buy into campus indoctrination culture. And those reliable high-turnout generations... they're dying off.

Edit: Merely watching Alex Jones doesn't make you a bad person. It's watching him, or the equally rabid Keith Olbermann, or anyone really, without a critical eye that is bad.

The younger generation as the poor? That is an interesting way to look at it. We don't classified them as such. If you wanna get down to it, they are a net drain, they are the dependent. They are as rich as their parents will allow them. They usually break out of their dependent status as they reach adulthood.

In a way you can say poor people don't vote, young people don't vote and most America don't vote. Another way of looking at it is if they DO vote, they will be game breaking.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:

Again, you are just using the bad eggs to stereotype a whole movement.

A more important question is: what is the "not-bad-eggs" majority, doing to stop the "bad-eggs" minority from casting a bad light on their movement? Are they expelling them? Publicly denouncing them? Are they intellectually sincere enough, to even talk about the violent & openly racist elements within?

If the "peaceful majority" is doing nothing to clean up the movement, then you can judge them as a whole and safely say that the whole ideological movement is bad. Indifference to problematic elements within your group can be understood as acceptance.

Same with Islam: a religion that is not ruined by the fact that the vast majority of terror attacks on the planet are committed by islamic extremists, but that the "peaceful muslim majority" is not doing anything about the rotten minority among them. In fact the "peaceful majority" doesn't even want to recognize the presence of a systemic problem and is too often apologizing for and trying to shift the blame for the acts of their radicals.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info