Do you believe Chris when he say that console version has and will not impact POEpc negativly?

The Lab was the last significant content update to PoE. It was poorly received and Chris knew it despite his posturing otherwise.

The Xbox decision was made not long after, in what I believe was a "Fuck it" move from GGG.

They decided to forgo appeasing their base and go console in an almost "in your face" move with the hopes that they will keep most of the PC gamers playing, knowing full well many have been consistently fooled by GGG statements.

Look GGG has always done what GGG wants, and that's fine. What many of us don't appreciate is bullshit statements like "xbox production won't impact PC" or "Lab is overwhelmingly positive" when it's obviously not true.

I'm fairly hopeful when it comes to GGG - they've made a great game with an untouchable business model, and I enjoyed it immensely up until the lab - my money and time well spent.

However it's 100% downhill from here. There'll be honeymoon periods on and off with content releases like A5, but we're seeing too much denial from GGG recently and it's only going to get worse.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Past 2 years games preformance has turned into dog shit mean while newer gen stuff comes out. Makes no sense, bye ggg. back to diablo
https://www.change.org/p/grinding-gear-games-new-engine-for-path-of-exile

Sign for new engine =]
"
Psomm wrote:
The Lab was the last significant content update to PoE. It was poorly received and Chris knew it despite his posturing otherwise.

The Xbox decision was made not long after, in what I believe was a "Fuck it" move from GGG.

What are you talking about? Atlas was the last "significant content update". Why do you say that the X-Box decision was made not long after? Are you just ignoring all of the information we have gotten from them that says otherwise?
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Psomm wrote:

What are you talking about? Atlas was the last "significant content update". Why do you say that the X-Box decision was made not long after? Are you just ignoring all of the information we have gotten from them that says otherwise?

The Atlas isn't a significant content update, just a new way of running maps.

The key isn't to ignore, nor to accept. It's to comprehend based on past experience and common sense.
Last edited by Psomm on Jan 21, 2017, 2:17:36 PM
I believe that he believes that, with little to no understanding of the reality of the situation. Devs can be amazingly short-sighted at times.

Unless they completely divorce PC and XBone development, commit to PC releases as a priority over XBox, and from here on out develop every single new skill to function properly on each platform then PC development absolutely WILL suffer.

Otherwise you're hammering PC skills into console framework, you're delaying releases because Microsoft can't be arsed to approve shit, and you're having to compromise PC development so that things will also work on console.

Whichever is the case, this is the real turning point for PoE.
"
Psomm wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Psomm wrote:

The Atlas isn't a significant content update, just a new way of running maps.

The key isn't to ignore, nor to accept. It's to comprehend based on past experience and common sense.

Yeah, adding the storyline involving the Shaper while completely revamping the maps system, adding another layer of map mods, adding the ability to alter map tiers...*EDIT* as well as adding an assload of new map locations *EDIT* nothing major about that at aaaaaaallllll.

Except how the map system is entirely different now. But whatever, don't let facts get in your way.
Last edited by Thragdar on Jan 21, 2017, 3:16:25 PM
"
Yeah, adding the storyline involving the Shaper while completely revamping the maps system, adding another layer of map mods, adding the ability to alter map tiers...*EDIT* as well as adding an assload of new map locations *EDIT* nothing major about that at aaaaaaallllll.

Except how the map system is entirely different now. But whatever, don't let facts get in your way.

Naive.
"
Thragdar wrote:

It's probably because people were expecting it to matter more, we pretty much do the exact same thing we did before with a very nice background. Forsaken masters made much more impact on the game in the grand scale than Atlas by destroying the entry level rare market.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I'm guessing they are doing a completely different game that's just similar to the pc version right? So it shouldn't effect us really besides making the game more popular???
"
Thragdar wrote:

So according to you - adding few animations to boss fight and new 5 boss fight, adding background and GUI for maps ( revamping? they added few more maps to tiers...) is bigger addition to game than Ascendancy classes and COMPLETELY NEW unique area with unique obstacles?

Clearly u don't comprehend what has/hasn't bigger influence on gameplay...

But on topic - ofc it will negatively affect PoE: it will be really hard/almost impossible to use most of the melee skills in their current form so they will have to either change them to cater xboners or create new ones just for them....
Didn't they alrdy announced change for melee skills/melee in general for 2.6 or 3.0?

Any new content will be considered for BOTH platforms - e.g. it will probably be dumbed down/simplified so they don't have to do content twice for each platform

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info