Do you believe Chris when he say that console version has and will not impact POEpc negativly?

Wait are we really talking about Chris being fat? REALLY?
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:

I feel like I'm on D3's forum again. The level of stupid on display is disappointing. Frankly hoping an admin will gather all these threads into three megathreads: Console Port Good, Console Port Bad, and Console Port can you loan me a Fuck? It seems I'm all out.
I personally think the game is already affected by console port. Just take a look at new skills, not many of them require any kind of precise targeting, AoEs are huge, totems are back and I expect minions to shine again. Hands off playing confirmed.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 20, 2017, 3:22:56 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Yeah, that's how base this has become. I was merely pointing out that before PoE became his life, dude was fit and hale. Then again, that was ten years ago. He probably hit the dreaded 30 threshold in there. And plodd, who thinks solwitch "writes very well", is almost certainly too young and too carefree to understand just how cruel running a business 24/7 for years as you move into middle age can be to your body.

I don't pity GGG or Chris but ffs have a heart people.

My opinion of solwitch's writing was in no way meant to take anything away from you. I am sure you are a very competent writer yourself as displayed in many of your threads on this forum.

What I find very appealing with solwitch's short stories is his ability to gently lead/educate the reader into a new perspective without coming across as arrogant or condescending in any way, whilst also being thoroughly entertaining. I am sure your unbiased opinion would be similar but more eloquently put.
I would actually be very interested in your opinion.

As to my remarks about weight gain.
I was just stating the facts on the matter even though I do have sympathy for people that struggle with their weight for whatever reasons. I do personally know people with weight problems and have witnessed the anguish it has caused them over many years.
In this particular instance the nuances/context, (I don't really know how to describe it) that I used came across as being unsympathetic.
This was due to my current displeasure at, in my opinion, the underhanded manner in which this xbox/supporter donations event has been handled by what I am starting to view as yet another unscroupulous company. You being somebody who works with words picked up on this.

"
plodd wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
estu87 wrote:
chris wilson = jay wilson

double chinned greedy lying bastard

To be fair he was very fit before PoE took off. The double chin is the result of poor diet and a lack of exercise. I dunno, could be related to dealing with this game you lot seem to enjoy playing.

Being overweight has nothing to do with being busy developing games or anything else.

Its either a medical condition... can still be controlled
Or its laziness... can still be controlled (I am not accusing CW of being lazy)
Or its greed... this may be due to emotional problems ie comfort eating.

I think where CW's double chin is concerned I would put all my unintentional Xbox support money on betting its greed.
Yeah cause putting shit tons of time in managing a company can't possible cut into time one might use to exercise. And as someone else mentioned, a general lack of sleep messed with your body. I think we've all seen the whole 'deadline incoming sleep at the office' kind of thing before.
Last edited by Telzen on Jan 20, 2017, 9:21:12 PM
I don't believe Chris at all after keeping console dev on down low like under fort knox for two years. It's a lie of omission. And it continues with many obvious questions unanswered such as trade/BOA or not. The statements read like a politicians as well instead of frankness in the past. What do politicians do best?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 20, 2017, 9:28:40 PM
"
estu87 wrote:
"
plodd wrote:

Being overweight has nothing to do with being busy developing games or anything else.

Its either a medical condition... can still be controlled
Or its laziness... can still be controlled (I am not accusing CW of being lazy)
Or its greed... this may be due to emotional problems ie comfort eating.

I think where CW's double chin is concerned I would put all my unintentional Xbox support money on betting its greed.
Yeah cause putting shit tons of time in managing a company can't possible cut into time one might use to exercise.

It should also be cutting into you time spent eating.

Also have you ever heard of isometrics. This is a form of exercise where you can tense your muscles without changing the joint angle or muscle length. This can be whilst walking (ie tensing muscles or your torso) or standing or sitting etc. With practice you will learn how to tense different muscle groups while performing all sorts of actions without it being noticeable to any onlooker.

I wouldn't recommend it as the only form of exercise but if you were under very strict time constraints it is a good way to burn calories and increase muscle and tendon strength whilst also improving the control you have over you own musculature.
Charan, you may not be a PoE player anymore, but thank GOD you are still here on the forums.
U MAD?
"
鬼殺し wrote:

And this post-fact bull about how people would have suddenly stopped supporting if GGG had said they were ALSO working on a console port (yknow, aside from the fiercely regular updates and content additions on pc) is just that. Bull. If you weren't going to stop supporting over other, more serious issues like the garena fuckup, lacking trade options, basic Qol features missing since closed beta, or the utter mockery of melee, you almost certainly weren't going to stop because of a console port on the side.

I really would have, because for me...I wasn't bothered by the Garena issue. It was bad, yes...But it never hit ME.

I put up with trade because I knew eventually either POE.Trade would fall, or the screams would get loud enough that GGG would have to man up, do their jobs, and put trading in the game.

QoL, well, maybe I haven't been around long enough to see all the missing QoL. I was shocked when they added the Master QoL...Because it felt like easy things that should've come right after the Masters themselves, not waited for ages for no reason. No QoL was ever bad enough to run me off though.

Melee IS awful...But ranged and casters are still fun at times, so I tried to ignore the problem. The game has so much good that it tempts you to ignore the bad.

The things that really strained my patience were Lab, leveling, and the ever-classic, ever-a-bad-idea, 'Let's ignore old skills and uniques...And just make new ones! Not like that's bound to fall apart someday, by its very nature. Nooooo." But none of those got QUITE bad enough to run me off. I had been teetering on the brink of leaving since they both started lying about lab hate, and added Uber Lab. This, I think, may very well be my last straw. Regardless...

An Xbox port, to me, signals that they aren't learning from the past, that they don't care about their existing player base, and that the game is going to get more console-like. If I wanted a console game...I'd go BUY a console and use it. I wouldn't be playing a PC only game, ON my PC, if I didn't enjoy PC styled games more than Consoles.

If I had known the Port was coming when I started the game, I'd have turned right around and left. It wouldn't be the first game that I spent a week on, learned the company was going to do something awful, and then left.

So for me, the Xbox port is at base, as bad as the Labrinyth. With how they've enacted it, it's actively the worst thing I've seen them do.

- Sheepster
rip poe
ign kharver

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info