Do you believe Chris when he say that console version has and will not impact POEpc negativly?

"
markww wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
"
markww wrote:
There are difficult games on console

Admittedly I know nothing about consoles. How many difficult niche ARPGs are there on consoles?

None, which is presumably why there is potentially a market for POE.

You may have heard of games like Dark Souls or Bloodborne though?

Seems like a contradiction - PoE will succeed on console bc there are no difficult niche ARPG's, but PoE is being casualized by going to consoles.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
markww wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
"
markww wrote:
There are difficult games on console

Admittedly I know nothing about consoles. How many difficult niche ARPGs are there on consoles?

DS and BB and the like are difficult because they are difficult. PoE is difficult only by virtue of requiring massive amounts of grinding time and trading.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
When Chris says that "all addition to the game in the last year and a half have been made with Xbox in mind", he directly says that the game has been affected by the console port. Every boss. Every skill. Every item that has been introduced, has been introduced with Xbox in mind. Everything. But how PoE would look like today if not, can no one know. No one.

If you start thinking "OMG, what this game COULD have been..." and other "what if"-sentences, you're making yourself go insane and overly negative. Paranoid, even.

But, I can't help myself thinking those thoughts.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Do I believe Chris?

Hell no then I would have to believe in melee being fixed

or

I would have to believe that melee totems were a good fix

or

I would have to believe fortify was a good fix (casters with daggers what kind of bullshit was that)

or

I would have to believe that armor is viable (it fails spectacularly in the face of elemental damage, big hits, projectiles (well this was supposedly fixed but i don't trust that either))

or

I would have to believe evasion totally works (I might as well use the discover card)

or

I would have to believe that a life pool actually matters (nope)

or

I would have to believe blade flurry is melee

or

I would have to believe in trading not being so bad

or

I would have to believe in low carb lite beer is better than whiskey (you better get up on this whiskey one time)

Makes me wonder how targeting is going to be like for console players. meh oh well.
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

DS and BB and the like are difficult because they are difficult. PoE is difficult only by virtue of requiring massive amounts of grinding time and trading.

I didn't compare them to POE, I am simply illustrating that the generalisation that console games are easy is wrong.
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
markww wrote:

Seems like a contradiction - PoE will succeed on console bc there are no difficult niche ARPG's, but PoE is being casualized by going to consoles.

I didn't say it would succeed, I simply stated it was a niche market which isn't being catered to on console at the minute

the thing about POE being casualized (wtf does that even mean) is from your own mind and has fuck all to do with my comment so please don't try to warp what I'm saying
The funny thing is now that we know they supposedly have been developing with console in mind, its no wonder people like me have been waiting years for melee balancing and improvement and still havent got it. They threw that shit in the garbage bin a long time ago because the console version of POE probably makes it feel 100% more shit than it already does now.

Same can be said for other balancing choices and item releases. Normally it wouldnt make sense but insert "We also made this with console in mind" and now it all suddenly makes alot of sense rofl.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The funny thing is now that we know they supposedly have been developing with console in mind, its no wonder people like me have been waiting years for melee balancing and improvement and still havent got it. They threw that shit in the garbage bin a long time ago because the console version of POE probably makes it feel 100% more shit than it already does now.

Same can be said for other balancing choices and item releases. Normally it wouldnt make sense but insert "We also made this with console in mind" and now it all suddenly makes alot of sense rofl.

Well obviously they would develop things with console in mind if they are also working on that. It would be highly inefficient if they didn't. That would be more cause for concern than this whole thing.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Well obviously they would develop things with console in mind if they are also working on that. It would be highly inefficient if they didn't. That would be more cause for concern than this whole thing.
Which then means console is already affected PC and they arent being developed separately as they should be, which means that theyve already broke the promise of "Theyll stay separate and wont effect one another".

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Which then means console is already affected PC and they arent being developed separately as they should be, which means that theyve already broke the promise of "Theyll stay separate and wont effect one another".

Sigh. No, that's not true at all. Just because a company decides to streamline development to increase effiency, doesn't mean the result is affected by anything else being developed.

If you fit four wheels on 2 cars each, of which you know one will have to go off-road, do you fit regular tires on both and change them later? Of course not.

It doesn't make the tires on the other car any more or less regular. It's just efficient planning, proactive thinking, combining tasks to save time.

I'd request you take off your tinfoil hat but... yeah. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info