Do you believe Chris when he say that console version has and will not impact POEpc negativly?

I mean you literally just proved my point by acknowledging theyre stream lining development to fit both instead of keeping them separate like they said they would do. If theyre making changes to both because of consoles existing then they arent balancing them separately and developing them separately as they said they would be doing.

You can insult me all you want with the generic "tin foil hat" shit, i could care less, youre just being dismissive.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
I mean you literally just proved my point by acknowledging theyre stream lining development to fit both instead of keeping them separate like they said they would do. If theyre making changes to both because of consoles existing then they arent balancing them separately and developing them separately as they said they would be doing.

You can insult me all you want with the generic "tin foil hat" shit, i could care less, youre just being dismissive.

Wow, relax, it wasn't an insult. Just a coincidence that your name is... yeah, anyway.

What do you want? Yes, obviously they developing both, it says so in a giant banner on the homepage. Does that mean PC version is affected? No. It could be, but as it stands it's clearly stated that this is not the case.

This could mean that they have a dedicated team working on it. Or that they only work things into the console version after it's initial PC development.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Wow, relax, it wasn't an insult. Just a coincidence that your name is... yeah, anyway.

What do you want? Yes, obviously they developing both, it says so in a giant banner on the homepage. Does that mean PC version is affected? No. It could be, but as it stands it's clearly stated that this is not the case.

This could mean that they have a dedicated team working on it. Or that they only work things into the console version after it's initial PC development.
From what theyve told us they have a separate team working on the xbox version, yet theyre also claiming that all the expansions, in addition to all the improvements are all because of Xbox. That simply isnt true and if were true, what is the PC team doing and why in the world is the small Xbox team supposedly the only ones doing anything ?

The statements made by them dont add up at all.

The point im trying to get across here is theyre claiming that Xbox will be kept separate in terms of development when it comes to skills, balance, etc but we now know that isnt the case because the PC versions skills, balance, etc are all being directly affected because theyre developing with both in mind instead of keeping them separate like they said theyre going to be doing.

You cant go around saying "Dont worry guys PC version wont be affected by the console at all" when it clearly already is being affected by the console, some positive if what theyre saying is true, but also many things negatively, if what theyre saying is true.

Im not saying its the end of the world but theyre already on a set of rails where theyre doing exactly what they said they wont be doing and people shouldnt be passive or dismissive over it, people need to make it clear that this current track their on isnt okay, they need to keep their word in this case.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Xavathos wrote:

And it could be that they thought at some point to release feature X but they didn't because it wouldn't work well on console version or that they decided to release something because it would play really, really well on console (BF is a very good example). The point of the thread is that
1) we can't know either way for sure
2) admitting that it had would be dangerous
3) playerbase believes the PR less than it used to, so denying isn't doing much either

My logical conclusion from those premises is that it would be a better idea to do something that isn't doing much than something that can blow up in your face with a probability of 66,6 percent, as estimated by the risk evaluation module of the K.A.O.M system.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 23, 2017, 7:20:14 AM
Alright, fair point. I don't know in detail what they're doing of course, I just try to stay optimistic. There's clearly a lack of that on forums nowadays.

Like you said, it's not the end of the world and those claiming their supporter money is put into console plebs are just asking for trouble.

We buy packs, we get pack contents, rejoice in our shiny new trousers, GGG does what they want with the money. Nowhere in this transaction do we have any right or say in what happens with the money or where it goes. If Chris buys a Lambo with it, well, I'd be a little upset for it not being a Ferrari, but other than that... it's our trust, not our right.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
GGG does what they want with the money. Nowhere in this transaction do we have any right

Such mentality is fatal for a company

they live with player's support

the "give us you money and stfu" thing is the best way to lose supporters
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Axarion wrote:
It's less that I doubt Chris/GGGs honesty here, but rather the actual possibility of it. Just looking back at the changes over the last year makes it pretty obvious that it is already affecting the game.

Race seasons were cancelled, triggers have been getting slower, new skills are just directional AoEs.

Trigger you mean like COC, Mjolnir? get nerf due to fact that it was too Over power at that time, not because of console

AoE, I think GGG are base on what is the most players love, see league statistics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800735 - Breach League
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1732561 - Essence League
In love Hardcore solo self-found mode
I mean, there is a small chance, like Mors or Ziggy say, that GGG can pull it off. They do have the incentive because PoE is a f2p title so you cant simply just cash grab once annd keep it moving.

However all data, precedents and common sense say a resounding 'NO'.
So kinda like when weathermen cant predict weather past certain amount of days, they just use more and more averages until at some point its completely past averages, its the same thing here.

First, I can't think of even 3 PC games that got better as a result of going multiplatform. I can think of hundreds that didn't, because of merged development and catering to lowest common denominator.
Even a giant like valve who is generally very careful with its PC audience, has done it.

Second, I know a thing or two about parallel development/maintaining two branches of code. it's tough. portability is a big thing because you can avoid HUGE resource overheads.

and here's a thing: if GGG is about to develop a skill/mechanic/concept that only works on PC and not on console, and even if they think once or twice about maybe they should do a skill/mechanic/concept that works for BOTH, its ALREADY AFFECTING THE PC VERSION.

what's easier - push same content to two branches or two different content to two branches ? even GGG said it's easier to do the former when they merged the leagues. and leagues are going to be nothing compared to differences between console port and PC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info