[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Maybe my dps is only at 30k,because I'm using a berserker marauder and not a slayer hmm.
Heyhey great build, just tried Shaper. Sadly my damage seems a bit low with my 5-link.
Got him to phase two but died to tons and tons of pools on the ground (Can emergency tank the slam with Taste of Hate).

Could probably kill him but I guess I'll wait until I get a 6-link OR the +dmg cyclone helmet.
Too much work yet and Phase 3 isn't really easier .D

Thanks btw, loving it. Even though I'd go for a 6-link before Xoph's blood next time.
"
Brufen wrote:
Good evening

I have been using this build with great success (even though I'm pretty new to the game)
Thank you for creating it !

I am however hitting a bit of a wall at T14-15 map bosses
Getting one shotted more often than I think is reasonable

I have decent enough gear I think, and not sure where my issue lies

Would you kind;y take a look ?
What should I be upgrading first ?

Thanks !

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Brufen/characters
https://pastebin.com/P7sHyZkp

PS. I think in the above build I have Molten Strike instead of Increased Duration in my boots: leveling it for a single target damage option

Your life pool is only 5400. You will want to aim for 6000. Also, running Enfeeble curse will greatly improve survivability too.

Check out the Recommended Rares section for preferred rolls on the rare slots.

Roll anti-freeze on your quick silver flask. You will hit this flask very frequently and you will be immune to freeze during this period.

You can replace basalt flask with Wise Oak. Just ensure your overcap fire resistance is the highest.

Switching from Carnage Heart to a high life roll rare amulet will be good too.

Getting all jewels to have life % roll will also improve your life pool.

Aim for 6000 life pool and at least 3000 armor for end game maps.

"
Jaybum wrote:

Heard this ring would be amazing for this build.

Opal ring is good for the build. You can check out the recommended rares section on preferred rolls for the ring slot. :)

"
matyss90 wrote:
Shaper down!
Spoiler

My first shaper ever, died 2 times
(first time to void guy and second one due to bad possitioning, overall smooth run!)
Thank's again for this great build :)
It's time for Uber Atziri now!

Grats on the Shaper kill!

Remember to check out the flask setup under Uber Atziri kill section before you attempt her. You will need a slightly different flask setup when you fight her.

"
techn1k wrote:
Why don't You pick "By the blade" talent?

Wouldn't it massively increase damage as it supports both physical and ailment damage (fire)? Also it's on the main building path, so no there's need to waste any points on the way.

I'm a noob so correct me please, if I'm wrong:

https://imgur.com/a/uCzPy

Great guide BTW! :)

The tree was created with balance in mind and all damage and life % nodes are within 1 skill point reach. You can definitely tweak it to your liking. :)

"
chaelp wrote:

I would rather shoot myself in the head twice than leap slam all the time to get fortify. Also the vast majority of your damage comes from the balls and not from cyclone.

Partially true on the damage side. Depending on your gears, Cyclone damage varies from 40% to 60% of your total damage output. :)

"
Mastandrea90 wrote:
Maybe my dps is only at 30k,because I'm using a berserker marauder and not a slayer hmm.

Your character profile is hidden so I am not able to assess why you only have 30K dps.

What I can guess is that you only have 5L. Besides that, your gems are not at 20/20 and your character level is below level 90.

You can open your character for public viewing so a better assessment can be made.

Also, Berserker will have different skill tree as compared to Slayer because Berserker requires Vaal Pact in order to survive whereas Slayer do not need Vaal Pact at all.

"
Watipah wrote:
Heyhey great build, just tried Shaper. Sadly my damage seems a bit low with my 5-link.
Got him to phase two but died to tons and tons of pools on the ground (Can emergency tank the slam with Taste of Hate).

Could probably kill him but I guess I'll wait until I get a 6-link OR the +dmg cyclone helmet.
Too much work yet and Phase 3 isn't really easier .D

Thanks btw, loving it. Even though I'd go for a 6-link before Xoph's blood next time.

Glad you are enjoying the build.

You can do what some players did with a 5L. They replace move fortify to leap slam and use a damage support gem in the chest piece instead. This way you will have same damage output as a 6L but you will need to use leap slam to proc fortify.

Going for 6L chest is definitely fine since you can still kill Shaper using Avatar of Fire skill tree. :)

Running 6l Nd 5l also two opals rings, carnage heart and everything recommended with all gems at 19 and character level is 84 with 30k dps dosent add up right at all.
Kira you recommend running enfeeble on blasplemy not flammability? maybe enfeeble in high tier maps not?
Lol makes no sense at All I'm running a 5l nghamus, 6l bronn, 2 good opals, carnage heart, tri res /life boots and gloves with a godly belt, and I'm hitting only 30k. I did this on my marauder berserker but I can't imagine a huge dps gap between the classes or maybe I'm wrong, I also ran the avatar of skill tree. Please tell me what's going on. Also lvl 20 +19 gems, lvl 84 char. How tf is your character hitting 344k!!!! Please tell me.
If i wanted to use kaoms roots, which gem setup would be the best to forgo?
Ok so finally I decided to try this build, so I bought everything. The problem is that i have manna issues and I don't see where the mana leech comes and I don't want to use mana pots.

I may be blind but i only see one source of mana leech (0.4%) in the node near Vitality Void.

Is that the only mana leech the build has or I'm missing something?
Well, if 0,4% attack damage leeched as mana are not enough, just go 1 or two pints further to or get spirit void.
Even 2 skill points for spirit void are certainly a less significant sacrifice to make then an entire aura/curse or even a gem slot.
"
keygy wrote:
Kira you recommend running enfeeble on blasplemy not flammability? maybe enfeeble in high tier maps not?

When you are focusing on leveling, running Enfeeble will definitely be way safer. When you are clearing content (or just want to have fun), you will want to go for Flammability.

"
Mastandrea90 wrote:
Lol makes no sense at All I'm running a 5l nghamus, 6l bronn, 2 good opals, carnage heart, tri res /life boots and gloves with a godly belt, and I'm hitting only 30k. I did this on my marauder berserker but I can't imagine a huge dps gap between the classes or maybe I'm wrong, I also ran the avatar of skill tree. Please tell me what's going on. Also lvl 20 +19 gems, lvl 84 char. How tf is your character hitting 344k!!!! Please tell me.

As mentioned in previous reply, your character is hidden so there is no way to take a look at your gears.

To make your profile to public:

1. Go to this URL: Privacy Settings

2. Uncheck "Hide Characters tab"

3. Click [Update]

You also mentioned that you are playing Berserker instead of Slayer. You should follow a Berserker guide instead as this guide is meant for Slayer.

EDIT: 300+K is buffed in combat damage. My level 99 Slayer's hideout damage with just aura and golem is around 118K.

Just curious, are you on Xbox?

"
domelious wrote:
If i wanted to use kaoms roots, which gem setup would be the best to forgo?

You can consider dropping Enduring Cry + Golem + Vaal Lightning Trap + Blood Rage if you want to run Kaom's Root. Personally, I don't feel it is worth it to go Kaom's Root because the only 2 things you will gain from it will be anti-freeze and larger life pool. In its place, you lose 4 gems, movement speed, and resistance.

"
aluminio wrote:
Ok so finally I decided to try this build, so I bought everything. The problem is that i have manna issues and I don't see where the mana leech comes and I don't want to use mana pots.

I may be blind but i only see one source of mana leech (0.4%) in the node near Vitality Void.

Is that the only mana leech the build has or I'm missing something?

You will run into mana issue under 2 situations:

1. You are still leveling and not able to equip Ngamahu. Once you reach level 55 and able to equip Ngamahu, you will not have mana issue.

2. You can using cyclone to move around the map even when there are no monsters around. If you only use cyclone when there are mobs, you will not have mana issue.
Last edited by kira1414 on Sep 22, 2017, 10:57:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info