[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

"
neltisen wrote:
"
buttcommander wrote:
how do u obtain the howa claw in new league, is it gonna be that rare?

Breaches became a base game mechanic, though rarer. There's a league stone that increase amount of breaches. The base claws (Hand of Thought and Motion) drop from Esh's Domain (shards for breachstone drop from breaches and they were the most common for me). To upgrade it to Hand of Wisdom and Action you will need the Blessing of Esh as well (which drops from the same breach domain). To use breachstones you need access to map device and to even reach boss, you need a pretty good dps (it's a timed challange, you have to kill fast to get bonus time). It's probably impossible before level 75~80 (especially on league start, when none is fully geared). After 2-3 weeks it should be common

I think he knows how breaches work, he has 36 challenges completed in Breach league. He was just asking how obtainable it is in the upcoming league.
Last edited by AZN_R3D3MPTION on Mar 2, 2017, 4:03:22 AM
For 2.6, was thinking something like this:

Updated build link!

Very tight for points if you want the new nodes. Next points would be Crackling Speed or Alchemist, but this is already for level 93. Could drop points by not taking the ES nodes near witch start, but those are pretty damn good and without them, the build has practically no ES aside from the obvious int. Other option is dropping Unwavering Stance for whatever else you might want.

Damage should be fantastic though.

Edit: Updated, one tiny pathing change to connect to Deep Wisdom instead of using the path above it, takes 1 +10 dex node but saves 1 point, #worth
Last edited by Netukka on Mar 2, 2017, 5:40:25 PM
"
Netukka wrote:

www.poeurl.com/5BR

Very tight for points if you want the new nodes. Next points would be Crackling Speed or Alchemist, but this is already for level 94. Could drop points by not taking the ES nodes near witch start, but those are pretty damn good and without them, the build has practically no ES aside from the obvious int. Other option is dropping Unwavering Stance for whatever else you might want.

Damage should be fantastic though.

Yes, looks about right. But still, most ES comes from int (800 points give 160% by itself). Taking top route lets you pick more lighting damage (something like poeurl.com/5Ra, unfortunately it's just as tight) while missing some ES (+270% down to +221% I think, so 15% less). Tough choice, but I think I should be able to reach 95-ish
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Last edited by neltisen on Mar 2, 2017, 9:31:59 AM
"
neltisen wrote:

Yes, looks about right. But still, most ES comes from int (800 points give 160% by itself). Taking top route lets you pick more lighting damage (something like poeurl.com/5BR, unfortunately it's just as tight) while missing some ES (+270% down to +221% I think, so 15% less). Tough choice, but I think I should be able to reach 95-ish

Think you accidentally linked the build I linked :p

I dont think doing the top pathing to have access to Heart of Thunder is worth it. Its 5 points to get to the only good node and overall the pathing costs a few more points compared to the path below it. If you want more damage, you can already take some by taking Crackling Speed (10/16%) or the extra nodes in the new weapon ele% ring (10/10 and chance to shock/freeze/ignite which wont work with ST cos of ele focus).

And damage really shouldnt be a problem.
"
Netukka wrote:
"
neltisen wrote:

Yes, looks about right. But still, most ES comes from int (800 points give 160% by itself). Taking top route lets you pick more lighting damage (something like poeurl.com/5Ra, unfortunately it's just as tight) while missing some ES (+270% down to +221% I think, so 15% less). Tough choice, but I think I should be able to reach 95-ish

Think you accidentally linked the build I linked :p

I dont think doing the top pathing to have access to Heart of Thunder is worth it. Its 5 points to get to the only good node and overall the pathing costs a few more points compared to the path below it. If you want more damage, you can already take some by taking Crackling Speed (10/16%) or the extra nodes in the new weapon ele% ring (10/10 and chance to shock/freeze/ignite which wont work with ST cos of ele focus).

And damage really shouldnt be a problem.

Link fixed :D take a look again. It's 71% lighting damage and 3% penetration at expanse of 5 skillpoints (I'm not a pro though, thought it's worth; still depends how much ES it's possible to reach using either pathing. If it's 13k ES versus 11k ES, but not sure how much DPS would increase [would it be roughly 30%? or way less?])
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Last edited by neltisen on Mar 2, 2017, 9:39:43 AM
Definitely less than 30%. The build I linked already has 208% increased ele damage and this is excluding all pieces of gear (especially opal rings with WED% and lightning damage), which can easily let you have 300-350% increased elemental damage, even more with triple ele dmg jewelry. While an extra 71% increase and 3% pene is nothing to scoff at, 5 points to get it and worse pathing is still quite a high price to pay, especially when compared to the more efficient nodes like Arcing Blows.

And realistically, damage is absolutely not going to be a problem. Last league you could facetank and kill shaper and guardians in <10 seconds, its only going to be better this time around. I'd much rather have few thousand extra ES pool than kill a boss a second faster.
"
Netukka wrote:
Definitely less than 30%. The build I linked already has 208% increased ele damage and this is excluding all pieces of gear (especially opal rings with WED% and lightning damage), which can easily let you have 300-350% increased elemental damage, even more with triple ele dmg jewelry. While an extra 71% increase and 3% pene is nothing to scoff at, 5 points to get it and worse pathing is still quite a high price to pay, especially when compared to the more efficient nodes like Arcing Blows.

And realistically, damage is absolutely not going to be a problem. Last league you could facetank and kill shaper and guardians in <10 seconds, its only going to be better this time around. I'd much rather have few thousand extra ES pool than kill a boss a second faster.

Seems like a valid point :)
@Netukka

you can save 1 point by connecting with deep wisdom (2 points) and losing 3 int points above.
any change on tree for 2.6?
Ign:Mendezftw
"
Mendezshow wrote:
any change on tree for 2.6?

minor changes (some displacements), also a new (useful to that) cluster. Netukka posted link a few posts above

"
Netukka wrote:

www.poeurl.com/5BR

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info