[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

3.0 has released any update in passive tree ??
Does anyone has a CI Skill Tree of this build? Only the links to the leveling trees are working.
RIP my HoWA character, it was good while it lasted.

Should have sold gear before 3.0.

Man, I tried this on a budget and completely failed lol.

Had Two perfect HOWA's, about 500 int and my DPS was almost half of what I had with physical/crit build. I also lost the crit/freezing potential I had before.

This build is really clever, but you must really need 1000 int + for it to shine. It's also really hard to find Int stacked gear for some slots.

I'm Left of Right and far Right of Left.
Rumors of the build's demise are greatly exaggerated. I rebuilt my char today on standard. The problems this build faces in 3.0 are four.

Loss of VP. This is a big one. No facetanking shaper beam any more.

Reduction of ES. I got to 8,6K down from 11K. This is a massive loss. However with the rework of volatiles at least we had one less on-shot thing to worry about. Most one-shot boss attacks, like shaper slam, can be avoided with WB.

Loss of Vinktar's. That was the "oh shit" flask for this build. Saved me more times than I want to remember. Now it's just a minor DPS increase with slight shock and some pen. Maybe a dying sun would be better now.

Reduction of damage. About 20% less. Not a huge problem since it's still more than enough to melt all bosses.

All this sounds pretty bad (and it is), however the build was OP to begin with. So even after all this it's still pretty damn good. I just did a shaper with it and it worked fine. It's not as fast as before but it still kills him easily and all his attacks can be avoided with WB. The run wasn't deathless simply because I made a couple of mistakes. Otherwise it could easily have been. Well, at least I got a flask in the end (even if it's a nerfed one) :P
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Aug 22, 2017, 6:30:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info