[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

I'm trying to make my character so I can reliably farm Uber Izaro. Problem is his final form usually kills me in a couple hits.

Anyone have any tips for making this battle easier? Certain gear, flasks, strategies, etc.

Here is a link to my current setup.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AndrewHolm/characters?characterName=Zioana
Last edited by Lazarus507 on Jul 5, 2017, 10:16:29 AM
"
Dervichter wrote:
For the second claw 11% is good? I loose 1% on damage against rare monsters and 1% on WED.

I try t15 yesterday and it's too hard actually! Resist elem is completly insane and dark forest too!

I think i go to craft a good helmet, i have one with ST enchant.

For rings i'm lost xD
Someone told me: Shaper's touch is useless but when i change it in Path Of Building i loose Hit Chance and dps (but i take +/- 300 Es) and more resist...

Hard to know what to do!
11% should do just fine. After you've got all the rest of your gear and you have spare currency floating around, upgrading to a perfect one is a good min/max.

T15 should be no problem for you with some gear changes.

Ditch the Ventor's Gamble rings. In a ring, you need resists, +INT, and Elemental Damage with weapons, in that order. Normally I'd put the resists last, however, you need to make up for lost ground with the lack of resists on your belt. Try this filter on http://poe.trade/search/nooretohonyomg.

Stop listening to the guy that told you shaper's touch is useless. Something in that conversation is useless, and I'll give you a hint - it's not the gloves. ;)

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Addelain wrote:
Hi there mate, thank you for your build .
So far I am loving it and having a blast playing it.

Can I ask you please, to take a loot at my profile and tell me what should I improve? (I do have rings with elem damage 33 and 31%, also 31% on belt and amulet aswell, but I am using gold build+hh for farming maps)
With GMC, golem and aura ( without totem ) I am getting 36k dps, with totem 43k .

Is this a decent ammount to do end content? Like guardians/shaper and so on ?

Thank you.
You're doing damn fine. Your tooltip DPS should let you take on any content. Just a few small things I'd suggest.
- I'd buy a non-corrupt claw for your primary. You're missing a fair bit of life leech without the stock implicit.
- I'd drop the Rumi's for a wise oak, unless you're getting one-shot by porcupine packs and the like. I'd rather have the extra elemental mitigation than the extra armour, plus the wise oak is faster to fill and uses less charges, so more uptime, and more damage from the extra lightning pen.
- I'm running another Fertile Mind next to Vaal Pact instead of a rare jewel.
- Switch your Vinktar's to one with lightning pen instead of added lightning damage.

None of these are going to make a huge difference, but all together they should be noticeable, and best of all, none of them are going to be expensive.
"
I'm trying to make my character so I can reliably farm Uber Izaro. Problem is his final form usually kills me in a couple hits.

Anyone have any tips for making this battle easier? Certain gear, flasks, strategies, etc.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AndrewHolm/characters?characterName=Zioana
Sure, there's a fair bit of room for improvement here.

- No INT on your helm, low INT on your rings. The helm is nice enough it's worth working around unless you have a lot of currency to throw around. It's worth shopping for better rings.
- Jewels. I'm using a third Fertile Mind next to Vaal pact. Given your rings / helm, I'd seriously suggest this for you. Your rare jewels could use an upgrade - at least three damage mods each.
- Hard Knocks on the tree. Take that extra INT. Drop a frenzy charge or Fangs of the Viper to get it.
- Flasks... you need a wise oak instead of Rumi's, unless you are still getting one-shot by packs or porcupines or other phys damage mobs, which, really, should not be happening any more. You should never really need a mana flask either, as long as you are careful on no-regen maps. (Screw no leech maps, vendor that crap.) I still keep one around for no regen maps just in case, but the other should be replaced, I'd suggest a silver flask for the extra damage output.

As for Izaro, it's purely a matter of pushing your DPS up high enough that you can leech your life back faster than he hits, as long as he can't one-shot you - or you avoid the hard hits. The Vinktar's should give you one Hail Mary, it will refill your ES damn near instantly when you hit it, as long as you have projectiles in the air that hit him.

It's often worthwhile to swap from GMP to slower projectiles / faster projectiles just for that battle. With your helm, I'd suggest SP. Dodge his first rush, then pound him down with your wise oak, silver, and atziri's running. Trigger your Vinktar's when you get past 40% shield left, and hit him some more. He should go down like a $10 hooker.
Hello, I am not sure what should I upgrade next. I feel like I am dying quite a fair bit with only 8.45k ES and my damage seems pretty meh at 29.7k at HO with GMP & 49.3k with slower projectiles. Able to do Hydra deathless but not the other guardians. At what damage range will I be able to do shaper & uber atziri?

Here's my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tong_cyrus/characters?characterName=Horfwa

I am also thinking of switching to Shaper's touch but my resists would be a huge problem. What do you recommend?

Thanks a lot!
"
tong_cyrus wrote:
Hello, I am not sure what should I upgrade next. I feel like I am dying quite a fair bit with only 8.45k ES and my damage seems pretty meh at 29.7k at HO with GMP & 49.3k with slower projectiles. Able to do Hydra deathless but not the other guardians. At what damage range will I be able to do shaper & uber atziri?

Here's my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tong_cyrus/characters?characterName=Horfwa

I am also thinking of switching to Shaper's touch but my resists would be a huge problem. What do you recommend?

Thanks a lot!

I think one of the main reasons you are dying too much is that you dont have unwavering stance. If you get stunlocked you will be dead.
I believe you wont need the two manaleech nodes at the duelist start.
Your jewels are pretty bad i guess. Get at least 2 real damagestats on them with some resists to counter the problem with shapers touch.
Shapers touch is sooo good if you cant afford to get accuracy on your gear (after you got resist, wed and int).
Try to get more ES on your boots and your helmet. With this build we are scaling base es so incredibly well. for each point flat es on your gear you get something around 4.5-5.5 total es (depending on your int stat).
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"

Sure, there's a fair bit of room for improvement here.

Thanks for the great advice. Working on getting some new rings and jewels. Have been doing much better on Izaro.
"
srttom wrote:
"
tong_cyrus wrote:

Thanks a lot!

I think one of the main reasons you are dying too much is that you dont have unwavering stance. If you get stunlocked you will be dead.
I believe you wont need the two manaleech nodes at the duelist start.
Your jewels are pretty bad i guess. Get at least 2 real damagestats on them with some resists to counter the problem with shapers touch.
Shapers touch is sooo good if you cant afford to get accuracy on your gear (after you got resist, wed and int).
Try to get more ES on your boots and your helmet. With this build we are scaling base es so incredibly well. for each point flat es on your gear you get something around 4.5-5.5 total es (depending on your int stat).

srttom has some good points for sure. Looks like you are already well on the way to implementing those, so I'll add a couple more.

Trade in your primary claw for one with the stock life leech. That will help keep your ES nice and full, and that melee splash isn't doing anything for you.

You don't need the freeze and chill on your silver flask. Freeze and chill is taken care of by your Avatar of the Veil ascendancy.

A bit of a tree respec should help: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQHRAecDHgQHBfkOSBEvEVARgRGWFHUV1xXwFyYZihnXGlUbyB1PHwIfQSL0I9MqOCsKLL8tHy5TMFs1uTY9NsU26Dy-QdBDMUZpTLNM_04qVP5VhVZIVmNW-loaW69d8l9qX3BhIWOnbAttGW1sbyd1y3fXePl6hH7dfyt_xoNthMWE74aujX6NuY9gj_qQCpMnlcyXBppqmyabtZ_LoSKhL6JAo4qly6crpzCtM6_rt7a95r6KvqfBxcMzwzrEos_d0B_QrdDQ02_YJNjV2Vvawd1G44TndOjW6mLrFOwY7T_uDu_r8Yr0-Plj_W4=

INT on your helm and rings would help a lot, too.

I’ve started to think about what to do with this once 3.0 hits. So I put path of building to work. There are 2 options:

Stay ES. We lose about 2,2K ES from the removal of the CI ES nodes and the discipline nerf. So we get to about 8,2K ES. Damage is nerfed by 16% because of the change in the claws. We also lose VP. I did some testing with this and the build still works fine against guardians. The mobility of WB means that we should now move around a bit instead of just face tanking them. Face tanking shaper beam and deathless runs through everything will be a thing of the past but it still works pretty well. Maybe I should also remove PB and try to keep my distance a lot more. Using culling strike instead of slower projectiles is also an option since the removal of PB means slower projectiles loses half of its effectiveness.

Go life. With life gear, belly and the tree I posted a few days ago we can get to about 5-5,5K life. Intel goes down to less than 900 in this case. Beyond the claw nerf we also lose another 30% of damage because of the lower intel (a bit less if we use HoT). We can still use VP and we have 10K EV (without grace) so we avoid half the hits. However the “one-shot threshold” is a lot lower.

My initial thought when the ES changes were announced was to go life. However after evaluating both options and testing the build without VP I believe staying CI is still the best option. The damage reduction isn’t really noticeable and the ES we can have is still 60% higher than life. The loss of VP is the biggest concern and it will mean using a different playstyle. However the build is still very good even without it. The intel-ES-damage synergy is still the best option.

P.S. All this is with the current gear which will go legacy. With new ES gear things may be different.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
I’ve started to think about what to do with this once 3.0 hits. So I put path of building to work. There are 2 options:

Stay ES. We lose about 2,2K ES from the removal of the CI ES nodes and the discipline nerf. So we get to about 8,2K ES. Damage is nerfed by 16% because of the change in the claws. We also lose VP. I did some testing with this and the build still works fine against guardians. The mobility of WB means that we should now move around a bit instead of just face tanking them. Face tanking shaper beam and deathless runs through everything will be a thing of the past but it still works pretty well. Maybe I should also remove PB and try to keep my distance a lot more. Using culling strike instead of slower projectiles is also an option since the removal of PB means slower projectiles loses half of its effectiveness.

Go life. With life gear, belly and the tree I posted a few days ago we can get to about 5-5,5K life. Intel goes down to less than 900 in this case. Beyond the claw nerf we also lose another 30% of damage because of the lower intel (a bit less if we use HoT). We can still use VP and we have 10K EV (without grace) so we avoid half the hits. However the “one-shot threshold” is a lot lower.

My initial thought when the ES changes were announced was to go life. However after evaluating both options and testing the build without VP I believe staying CI is still the best option. The damage reduction isn’t really noticeable and the ES we can have is still 60% higher than life. The loss of VP is the biggest concern and it will mean using a different playstyle. However the build is still very good even without it. The intel-ES-damage synergy is still the best option.

P.S. All this is with the current gear which will go legacy. With new ES gear things may be different.
What I've read says the dev team isn't trying to murder ES, just take it down a notch or two so it's on the same kind of level as armour or evasion builds. 8.2k ES is, however, well within 1-shot range for some hits.

The life option... thoughts about Iron Reflexes? There's also the stibnite / granite / jade flasks of Iron skin / reflexes combos.

So far I'm with you on sticking with the ES option, although my concern is that decent ES gear is going to be priced out of reach for casual players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info