[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

HI guys,

i gave a chance to this build, and i have to say, its awesome:) Fast,tanky and can clear almost all map mods and stones:)
I really enjoyed the double beyond, nemesis, plentyful breach shore maps with 50+ pack size:)
I finally reached lvl96 and 40/40. My next goal is lvl100.
My gear and flasks setup:

My idea is to use 2 well rolled ventors, but i don't know is it worh it or not:/ Any experince with this?
Any upgrade suggestion are welcome:)

Br,
Adam

p.s sorry for my bad english its not my native:/
Last edited by AdamK on Jul 8, 2017, 5:46:47 AM
"
grimjack68 wrote:

What I've read says the dev team isn't trying to murder ES, just take it down a notch or two so it's on the same kind of level as armour or evasion builds. 8.2k ES is, however, well within 1-shot range for some hits.

The life option... thoughts about Iron Reflexes? There's also the stibnite / granite / jade flasks of Iron skin / reflexes combos.

So far I'm with you on sticking with the ES option, although my concern is that decent ES gear is going to be priced out of reach for casual players.

As I said in the last sentence 8,2K is with legacy gear (we will still lose some ES because of the base value reduction but we have some free points from CI nodes and bandits to spend so I spent them on ES). With the new ES gear we'll probably be around 7K ES so this is much closer to the 5,5K life we can get. So if anyone is planning to build this in the new league it's a difficult decision between ES and life.

Personally I wouldn't use iron reflexes on this. Armour helps with the small hits but any hit that can one-shot you will get through so there's no point. Life version has VP so anything less than one-shot is no danger. Flasks would certainly help but it's hard to keep them up in boss fights.

I did a Chimera with bad mods, double beyond and breach without VP. It was pretty easy. You just need to move around with WB and there's not much danger. I did encounter Abaxoth though who was a bitch with elemental weakness. He did submit to Vinktar's though. ES with legacy gear seems perfectly viable.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Jul 8, 2017, 5:52:11 AM
How important are capped resistances? Should I try hard for capped or should I go for 40% all res since The Wise Oak adds 35%?

I'm struggling to find ways I can improve my character's damage and energy shield without compromising capped resistances.
"
How important are capped resistances? Should I try hard for capped or should I go for 40% all res since The Wise Oak adds 35%?

I'm struggling to find ways I can improve my character's damage and energy shield without compromising capped resistances.
It's tough to keep the wise oak up 100%, so you should absolutely try for capped resistances. I'm not much over myself - cold resist is right at 75% in maps, so I swap out Wrath for a Purity of Elements on maps that warrant it.

As for your toon:
- Your belt is seriously weak on resists. I'd be looking to upgrade that for sure.
- Consider two-toned boots with another 2 resists and, hopefully, an even better INT roll. Movement speed is pointless for this build, nearly all our movement is using whirling blades anyway. Ironically, you may well be able to sell your current boots for more than it costs for a replacement.

Between those two, you should be able to pick up another +70 to resists. If you get lucky and balance well, you can scour your dual resist on the helm and go single, that will net you another 11.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Jul 10, 2017, 3:02:25 AM
Any suggestions on how to start a HoWA Build in the upcoming 2week event? Therefore the Claws wont be available for leveling. Although I am probably not going for SSF, I would love a recommendation which will be able to do Esh himself and which does not need to much regrets to respec.
How important is it to run Astramentis/rare int/wed amulet? Could we run a Bisco's amulet for farming maps?
Only if u get enough str from other items. w/o astramentis and the 4 +10 on the road to unwavering stance u have +54 str.

WEP Gem: 70 str
Fortify: 111 str
Anc Protector: 155 str
increased duration for ic: 111 str
ic: 88 str

if u dont use the protector with lvl 20, u need 111str. w/o astramentis, with 4x +10str in tree, u need 57str on gear. or u dont use brute force solution. then u get 114 str.

that will make biscos possible ... but there a better builds for iiq/iir stacking.
"
Queuetewig wrote:
Any suggestions on how to start a HoWA Build in the upcoming 2week event? Therefore the Claws wont be available for leveling. Although I am probably not going for SSF, I would love a recommendation which will be able to do Esh himself and which does not need to much regrets to respec.
Breach is available in the event... is there some other reason why the claws won't be available?
Hey guys,

now that I read through some stuff here in this thread its my turn to post my char. I really want to kill shaper for the first time with this. Do you think my gear is up for the task? I went down the +1 shaper's touch with enlighten, empower, disc and wrath path. In h/o i have 10.5k ES with disc and 50k dps with golem/gmp. I am aware of the fact, that im not quite res capped and im working on it. For the meantime i will just work with the res from wise oak. I think i should be cold res capped for shaper though.

I did the guardians a couple of times with another build before. I tried shaper with the other build once but didnt have enough damage.

So what suggestions do you guys have? Should i just go for it? I think i am aware of the mechanics of the fight (mostly through the vid by engineering eternity and my one try).

Thanks op for this awesome build and to everyone who is keeping this threat alive.

Edit: Is PB worth it for this task?
Last edited by srttom on Jul 12, 2017, 11:53:11 AM
"
srttom wrote:
Hey guys,

now that I read through some stuff here in this thread its my turn to post my char. I really want to kill shaper for the first time with this. Do you think my gear is up for the task? I went down the +1 shaper's touch with enlighten, empower, disc and wrath path. In h/o i have 10.5k ES with disc and 50k dps with golem/gmp. I am aware of the fact, that im not quite res capped and im working on it. For the meantime i will just work with the res from wise oak. I think i should be cold res capped for shaper though.

I did the guardians a couple of times with another build before. I tried shaper with the other build once but didnt have enough damage.

So what suggestions do you guys have? Should i just go for it? I think i am aware of the mechanics of the fight (mostly through the vid by engineering eternity and my one try).

Thanks op for this awesome build and to everyone who is keeping this threat alive.

Edit: Is PB worth it for this task?
If you are familiar with the mechanics of the fight, you will be just fine. Hell, with that gear, you can probably screw up some and still be fine. :)

I'd swap GMP for either SP or FP when you're fighting Shaper, depending on whether you are more comfortable facetanking or ranged. PB is absolutely worth it if you are going to use SP, and it's probably worth it anyway.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Jul 13, 2017, 12:03:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info