So, in the same week, i am a D3 and PoE beta player :O (impressions)

Waited months to get into these betas. I was a bit more sceptical on the D3 beta since it looks like a huge marketing demo basically. I gotta say i am quite surprised by PoE, in a really good way!

You can see the hardwork put into it, and seeing where they are as of now, i can't wait for the release(open beta/ new patches. They really nailed the feeling of the game. It's dark, complex and you can customize your character really well. For a beta, this is looking really good for the fans. I will make a thread today with my in-depth impressions of the game so far.

For the Diablo 3 beta now..Well, there's not much to say to be honest. I finished the beta in 35 minutes, and played a bit after that to test other characters and the game's functions. Compared to PoE, D3 is ridiculously easy, and that was a big let-down for me. The game seems a lot more linera than D2 and/or other games in the genre...Basically, the exploration is dumbed down from their past game. The animations looked really good, as the skill/spells effects.

My major complaint, and it's really major. Stats are automatically given when you level, and they give you the spells/skills automatically too...So i felt really underwhelm in that sense.

And finally, the latest patch..Well, you don't have to id items anymore, the cube is gone too blabla..blablabla.

Finally, those expecting PoE to be a good game can be happy to hear it's going on a good way. I wish the open beta comes soon so more of you can test this title. I will let people make their own mind on D3, but mine is already FOR THE MOMENT, and i was a hardcore D2 player for years...but,

Diablo 3 looks like a arpg made for the FACEBOOK generation. Those who like it easy will be pleased :)
I hit him in the temple and he began to convulse like a retarded Hillbert. Mike Tyson
overall the game is looking pretty good. tbh though im a bit disappointed by how little it tries to change the formula from DII. having said that it does do what DII does well but with better graphics and a good trade system with a lot more items worth picking up off the ground.
Last edited by zfky09 on Feb 3, 2012, 5:49:41 AM
Hey dude! u know act 1 i just a tutorial in d3? its meant to be easy
Diablo 3 ftw!
congratulations on getting into them both ! I still hope to get into D3 soon also :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
"
Nikk395 wrote:
Hey dude! u know act 1 i just a tutorial in d3? its meant to be easy

Oh yeah, i know about that -.-. Just saying the first act in PoE is quite challenging compared to D3. And to be honest, Blizzard have a good reputation on nerfing their game hard over times....No changes here ;)
I hit him in the temple and he began to convulse like a retarded Hillbert. Mike Tyson
"
Abscission wrote:
Compared to PoE, D3 is ridiculously easy, and that was a big let-down for me. The game seems a lot more linera than D2 and/or other games in the genre...Basically, the exploration is dumbed down from their past game. The animations looked really good, as the skill/spells effects.

D3 has 4 difficulties, normal was meant to be easy, Blizzard has already mentioned countless times normal was more of a "tutorial", challenge only starts in NM.

You can't judge the entire game with just a nerfed version of 10% of Act 1 (akin to getting to Blood Raven in D2.)

"
My major complaint, and it's really major. Stats are automatically given when you level, and they give you the spells/skills automatically too...So i felt really underwhelm in that sense.

D3 is all about the loot, what sets you apart from others are your items and skill runes, not pressing numbers into stats.

I've been playing many games with auto-stats lately and I'm happy and satisfied Blizzard removed manual stats.
You mad?
Last edited by flybutterfly on Feb 3, 2012, 6:25:13 AM
"
Abscission wrote:
The game seems a lot more linera than D2 and/or other games in the genre...Basically, the exploration is dumbed down from their past game.

That is to be expected. Diablo 3 areas are not randomly generated. The map layouts are always the same.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
Abscission wrote:
Waited months to get into these betas. I was a bit more sceptical on the D3 beta since it looks like a huge marketing demo basically. I gotta say i am quite surprised by PoE, in a really good way!

You can see the hardwork put into it, and seeing where they are as of now, i can't wait for the release(open beta/ new patches. They really nailed the feeling of the game. It's dark, complex and you can customize your character really well. For a beta, this is looking really good for the fans. I will make a thread today with my in-depth impressions of the game so far.

For the Diablo 3 beta now..Well, there's not much to say to be honest. I finished the beta in 35 minutes, and played a bit after that to test other characters and the game's functions. Compared to PoE, D3 is ridiculously easy, and that was a big let-down for me. The game seems a lot more linera than D2 and/or other games in the genre...Basically, the exploration is dumbed down from their past game. The animations looked really good, as the skill/spells effects.

And finally, the latest patch..Well, you don't have to id items anymore, the cube is gone too blabla..blablabla.

Finally, those expecting PoE to be a good game can be happy to hear it's going on a good way. I wish the open beta comes soon so more of you can test this title. I will let people make their own mind on D3, but mine is already FOR THE MOMENT, and i was a hardcore D2 player for years...but,

Diablo 3 looks like a arpg made for the FACEBOOK generation. Those who like it easy will be pleased :)

thanks for the review i also think PoE its better
"
dust7 wrote:
"
Abscission wrote:
The game seems a lot more linera than D2 and/or other games in the genre...Basically, the exploration is dumbed down from their past game.

That is to be expected. Diablo 3 areas are not randomly generated. The map layouts are always the same.

And just where did you get the info from?
You mad?
Mmmmm, i don't know if diablo 3 won't be randomly generated to be honest...If it's not, then it's pretty much clear i won't play it. That small detail makes a whole difference on the replay value. And yes, choosing the stats is important for a lot of people. It helps if, let's say, you play a wizard, then choosing those make the difference between you and the other wizards. What i saw in the Diablo 3 beta is that everyone were clones basically...

Stats choosing, and more importantly skill choosing*** is vital to the game's longetivity. People still play Diablo 2 because of that, not because it's a loot game. Discovering x number of builds for the same class made that game, and looks like it will make PoE as people can take any classes and go the way they want. At certain levels, Diablo 3 will give you the spells automatically exactly like the thousands of others that play the same class.

Anyway, all i can say is i was and still am a bid Diablo 1 and 2 fan, played them for a long time. It's sad to see what happens to a company with times..I surely miss Blizzard North. Now we have a nerfed D2, Wow got nerfed so bad it'S not even worth mentioning, and D3 seems to follow that way religiously so far. The main problem( i think) is they seem to forget their initial audience, about the age of those people, and only care about bringing the biggest crowd to it. And to do that, you need to make your game very easu to approach. Same thing is happening with a lot of series in the video games market. Be it Resident Evil, Ninja Gaiden series and so on...

Let's just have fun with whatever game we like, that's only my opinion. Just saying that PoE impress me way more when i know that the team is quite small compared to Blizz...Yet they come with something old fans really want, props to them!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info