So, in the same week, i am a D3 and PoE beta player :O (impressions)

"
WarBarney wrote:
Are you sure it isn't 3 years + working on shoddy games that make money purely by leaching the fame of a franchise which use to be good? that seems to be all blizzard does now, or perhaps you'd like to name 1 original game they've made recently that is popular

I'm just quoting their pre-requisites, I wasn't me who made them.

Anyway, this is all subjective. I like most Blizzard games, I haven't played SC2 or any WoW expansion (I played vanilla and I liked it) so I don't know how they compare to the original, but I do like the direction D3 is going. Well there are several thinks I think that could be much better in D3, but overall I'm pleased with it, and let's not forget we don't really know all the game mechanics, nor how the current mechanics play in end-game.

I don't know what you mean by "original" but I think D3 has several improvements/regressions (depends on your personal perspective) over D2, it certainly isn't just the same game with better graphics as SC2 seems to be.
Last edited by KemosabeTBC on Feb 7, 2012, 3:13:52 PM
Well the main 2 things that are making me never want to play it are

1. The worlds aren't randomly generated, that was the main thing that made me play diablo to begin with, they've destroyed all replay-ability in it now, all they have is random dungeons opening but these dungeons never change so basically they've decided to limit the amount of content you can play in each playthrough instead of having randomly generate levels... lazy lazy lazy.

2. The real money AH which means anybody with money will buy up all the best items and destroy everybody in pvp making that utterly pointless unless your rich and of course it will make farming for items pointless as well as people will just buy them for real money. But of course maybe it wont because people with money will buy all the essential items then re-sell them for a HUGELY inflated price utterly destroying the economy. And yes blizzard do know this will most likely happen but, and this is their own words *thats a problem for the players to deal with*.

For these 2 massive major reasons I will not be playing D3 and think blizzard are now a lazy scummy game company, they got cocky with WoW and now think people will buy D3 just because its a blizzard game and because its a popular franchise so they didn't put any real effort into it
"
WarBarney wrote:
Well the main 2 things that are making me never want to play it are

2. The real money AH which means anybody with money will buy up all the best items and destroy everybody in pvp making that utterly pointless unless your rich and of course it will make farming for items pointless as well as people will just buy them for real money. But of course maybe it wont because people with money will buy all the essential items then re-sell them for a HUGELY inflated price utterly destroying the economy. And yes blizzard do know this will most likely happen but, and this is their own words *thats a problem for the players to deal with*.

For these 2 massive major reasons I will not be playing D3 and think blizzard are now a lazy scummy game company, they got cocky with WoW and now think people will buy D3 just because its a blizzard game and because its a popular franchise so they didn't put any real effort into it

The RMAH is introduced to deal with certain popular forums that does illegal tradings for real cash. It is needed for a game that emphasizes on getting the best loot.

Those forums existed back in D2LOD and even now and still thriving.

With Blizzard having officially making RMAH official for D3, those forums will no longer be needed and eventually die down.

If RMAH turns you off, good news is, Hardcore does not have RMAH, only GAH.
You mad?
Last edited by flybutterfly on Feb 8, 2012, 12:36:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info