So, in the same week, i am a D3 and PoE beta player :O (impressions)

"
Iconik wrote:
"
zfky09 wrote:
overall the game is looking pretty good. tbh though im a bit disappointed by how little it tries to change the formula from DII. having said that it does do what DII does well but with better graphics and a good trade system with a lot more items worth picking up off the ground.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. I'm tired of developers trying to rewrite the book on a particular genre with every release. It's tiresome and counter-productive.

There's a reason why COD has such a rabid fanbase (as terrible as that fanbase is). They want COD. Not a new game every time. There's an interview on Giantbomb with a game dev about this. It was really interesting.

And you can expand it out to FPS versus just COD. One reason I like hack 'n' slash games is just because there seems to be fewer of them.
Last edited by Without_Pause on Feb 5, 2012, 2:44:05 PM
Diablo 3 will sell Millions of copies how many copies will sell this game??oh wait it's f2p guess we need to continue discussing what is the better game..
Oh look the blizzard employee is trolling again saying completely untrue things, D3 will sell a few copies maybe to idiots who haven't check it out so don't know its just a half baked pile of crap that was only made to make a lot of money with no effort put into it, thus why this free game will no doubt get more players and make more money in the end as people will want to support it while people who buy D3 will feel cheated and most likely return it as soon as they can.
Ofc like Aion?Swtor?w8 w8 warhammer?oh shit no...want to talk about starcraft or what? "this free game will no doubt get more players and make more money in the end as people will want to support it while people who buy D3 will feel cheated" you dream that?big dreams man big dreams
Last edited by losted on Feb 5, 2012, 7:51:54 PM
"
losted wrote:
Diablo 3 will sell Millions of copies how many copies will sell this game??oh wait it's f2p guess we need to continue discussing what is the better game..

None of them is better. First of , it´s kinda hard to base a statement of what is better and what is not when there isn´t even something full out to compare :)

And even then , it is always just personal opinion.

"oh but this is better"

personal opinion

"and this and THIS ?!"

personal opinion ^^

if it´s a statement of what you yourself feel after having played both betas as it is , and compared what you have seen. And then say " I find D3´s sounds to feel more real. Where PoE well more stiff" As an example. Does things i love to talk about when it´s at that lv.

But when it is just kindergarden lv of the discussion that "My toy is the best" well ... moving along ^^

Sure , for the craps and giggles , thumbs up. But it is always fascinating to me how boxed in some are on there beliefs of the "one absolute game" ^^

Then again , if you can truly feel the same joy for a game for ages. More power to you :)

And selling millions ... well .. sure .. but id rather have quality then quantity , just in general ^^

Still hope to se a D3 beta in the near future , if it just gives me that ... Diablo feel ... you know ? then i am happy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
ye but you know in this crappy forum people are talking about D3 like they know the game, when the beta is only 10% of the 1Act and not all the features are available..when i talk in millions of copies it's because their quality of producing a game is the best on the market!

You got a very good example with SWTOR, bioware launches the game with thousand of bugs..
Last edited by losted on Feb 5, 2012, 8:02:23 PM
No.. they are awful at quality, look at the graphics they are worse than in poe, look at the leveling system so far its worse than poes, the only thing it has which are better so far are animations which can be worked on anyway. And of course D3 has a stupid AH which allows you to buy power and will utterly destroy the economy and make pvp worthless.

Its not a game, its a piggy bank for blizzard, if you buy it more the fool you for putting money in their scotch tape piggy bank
it's useless to compare the 2 games but i can compare PoE to Drakkensang online if you want
It is, poe was made by a small indie company in a much shorter time and is still better in some areas, sure the animations are better on D3 but they have billions to spend on a huge team. However despite this as i said poe is better in a lot of areas including graphics.

D3 is a game made by a multi billion dollar company in charge of a MMO which makes billions a year from subs alone which has not only taken longer to release than poe but as I said is about as good and has a money grubbing AH which will destroy the economy and allow people to buy power.

There is no way you can compare them D3 is just shoddy poe is a work of art, its like comparing a picaso to a piece of paper a child vomited on
well , i like what i can SEE , in D3. It does it for me atleast , D1 was very dark. D2 had allot more brightness to it for me atleast with colors.

D3 looking like it does wasn´t a surprise for me atleast , i am just wondering if the decisions for how the game mechanic is built up in it will do it for me.

But , as iv stated many times before. Just kindly don´t mess up the Lore like they did with Warcraft. And i will be happy. :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info