So, in the same week, i am a D3 and PoE beta player :O (impressions)

"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Yes, their is a difference. So what, exactly, did GGG copy from D2 besides the basics (those things that actually make the genre what it is).

D2 had gold.
PoE does not

D2 had character molds with predefined skills
PoE does not

D2 had a system which encouraged endless boss runs
PoE does not

D2 vastly limited the player on itemization
PoE gives the player many more options

I am not saying D2 was a poor game, I still play it, and it is certainly one of my all time favorites. Still, I recognize the stark differences in both design and implimentation between D2 and PoE.

I brought in D&D as a tool to show how little is accomplished by saying "Oh this is just like D2, no originallity!" if D2 can copy a (dumbed down) D&D yet still be a great game, and make several strides forward, why can't PoE have the same chance?

PoE is exactly like D2, except for a few minor tweaks in system and upgraded graphics.

Oh, and because it's a MMO. Try harder.
You mad?
Last edited by flybutterfly on Feb 3, 2012, 10:03:43 PM
Don't worry about it, Witt. Butterfly is just trolling the forums.
Forum Sheriff
I'm right here with you guys too... just sitting here .... waiting ;)
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
No worry about the trolling. On the diablo 3 beta, all i'm seeing from beta player's forums are complaints. I won't take my time numerating them tough, as i'm starting to lose faith with their recent news. Keep it up PoE!
I hit him in the temple and he began to convulse like a retarded Hillbert. Mike Tyson
pretty sure the first act of diablo 3 is supposed to be easy, mate. in fact, im one hundred percent sure.
"
flybutterfly wrote:

Oh, and because it's a MMO. Try harder.

Huh, what's a MMO? No game discussed in this thead is an MMO...
Lol. Slam a Jama. Bouch
Always looking for people to game with, Hit me up!! Thanks for the great game GGG..

As I ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏᴍᴀᴄʜ ᴀs I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ Seppuku, I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ Kʀɪᴘᴘ ᴘʟᴀʏ Cᴀsᴜᴀʟsᴛᴏɴᴇ. I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Kʀɪᴘ ᴡᴀs Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʙʏᴇ ᴋʀɪᴘᴘ ▬▬ι════════ﺤ
Oh just let little butter have his opinion about it ^^

I love discussions about games that are in the same genre.

But this sounds more like politics having a discussion with her :)

The only thing i care about in Diablo is , give me more lore and just let me know more about what happens in the story :)

The rest is just a bonus to me.

Regards

Mikael
http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
"
zfky09 wrote:
overall the game is looking pretty good. tbh though im a bit disappointed by how little it tries to change the formula from DII. having said that it does do what DII does well but with better graphics and a good trade system with a lot more items worth picking up off the ground.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. I'm tired of developers trying to rewrite the book on a particular genre with every release. It's tiresome and counter-productive.

There's a reason why COD has such a rabid fanbase (as terrible as that fanbase is). They want COD. Not a new game every time. There's an interview on Giantbomb with a game dev about this. It was really interesting.
hi ezra
"
Abscission wrote:

Diablo 3 looks like a arpg made for the FACEBOOK generation. Those who like it easy will be pleased :)

I want to see you finish "Inferno on HC in Diablo3 then i belive you if the game is to easy hahaha..
I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info