0.10.1d Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
We deployed and then reverted this patch due to problems. Working on fixing them now.

Version 0.10.1d
  • If you log into your account from a different city using the game client, your account will now become locked and an email will be sent to you with an unlock code. Entering this code will unlock your account. If this occurs to you when you haven't changed location, then someone else has your password and you should change it immediately.

This has effectively ruined the game for me lol I travel alot for work and play on my laptop so I will play in 3-5 different cities each week. Wonder what will happen if my account gets locked 15+ times a month... a few week ban maybe a permanent one throwing my CB support pack down the toilet.

First time ever that I'm unhappy with a GGG idea:(
I sometimes play behind a VPN thus my city changes to whichever suitable one I select (not a public VPN).

So my question is will there a possibility to set multiple safe cities from our profiles?
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Last edited by ignarsoll on Feb 22, 2013, 2:47:34 AM
"
Cr0zz wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We deployed and then reverted this patch due to problems. Working on fixing them now.

Version 0.10.1d
  • If you log into your account from a different city using the game client, your account will now become locked and an email will be sent to you with an unlock code. Entering this code will unlock your account. If this occurs to you when you haven't changed location, then someone else has your password and you should change it immediately.

This has effectively ruined the game for me lol I travel alot for work and play on my laptop so I will play in 3-5 different cities each week. Wonder what will happen if my account gets locked 15+ times a month... a few week ban maybe a permanent one throwing my CB support pack down the toilet.

Wouldn't you just unlock the account after getting the e-mail every time you changed cities?
"
Cr0zz wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Version 0.10.1d

Don't worry, we will add functionality to disable the security (which is fine if you keep your password safe) or potentially lock it to a country or add multiple cities. We didn't include these in this version so we could rush the safety in.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
It would be nice for those that DO have a static IP address to be able to (Optionally of course) limit access via IP.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 22, 2013, 2:51:48 AM
"
It would be nice for those that DO have a static IP address to be able to (Optionally of course) limit access via IP.

Agreed
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Thanks for the quick reply:)

Ok I'll just disable it, cant understand how people need this not a single one of my accounts has ever been hacked:/
T_T want play exile....
It worked just fine until this patch was applied and now i'm getting "Client.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The current patch sucks...
ran the game fine, patched, crash after loading screen i see login screen but crash with error report screen every time, im running xp is this a problem? my friends are playing still :\

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info