0.10.1d Patch Notes

"
SpikedKira wrote:
"
"
SpikedKira wrote:
Why would you force these security measures on all players?

I have a dynamic IP address, it changes every day and I also login from 2 different locations nearly daily. What a pain in the ass to play a game.

Read the thread properly next time http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/180183/filter-account-type/staff

I read the OP and voiced my opinion about it directly, aka the patch notes. Maybe if you want to be "helpful" you'll point out which part you think I failed to read. Or perhaps you misunderstood or misread my post.

IF you are refering to the part about it being "optional" it is most certainly not at this time.

Take your own advice broseph.

It's only 2 pages and you still refuse to read?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
no, you do... i login from 2 different cities, how many times do i have to say it before you realize that I am reading and you are not?
"
SpikedKira wrote:
no, you do... i login from 2 different cities, how many times do i have to say it before you realize that I am reading and you are not?

it's likely going to be optional. you'll likely still be able to remember your password without it being tied to an IP/location.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
Saved login details now only work if you're connecting from the same IP you saved them on.

I don't get it, i still get my account locked even thou im only using same IP and played in same location. TBH i really don't get much about this patch note. cuz I played in same IP and same location but still get my account locked. according to the mail it has 2 different location with the same IP address (or different not really sure)
Cool Good idea Chris!
I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
Pls stop this annoying account locking !

i have a dynamic ip AND i use to play on a notebook from several locations.

Maybe u can make it selectable for some carebears ?

"
Chris wrote:
"
Barkeeper wrote:
I always have a runtime error problem when I'm changing my location with waypoints and/or portals.
greetz

Are you using Windows XP?

We're still working on the XP crash - shouldn't be too long now.

Sorry, for answering a little bit late. I'm using windows 7 32 bit.
So PPPoE users (xDSL) are sore out of luck if they are indeed given dynamic IP? Why not make something like a cookie sit on the user machine, thereby binding the login to that specific machine? Better solution for all me thinks.
I have dynamic IP, it changes every 12 hours. Although I dont even move from my house, Im being forced to unlock my account every 12 hours as if I had changed of city (which I not).

A soon fix for this would be nice.
GGG, i hope this isn't falling of deaf ears because its important!

you still have a flaw in this patch where hackers can still log in to people's accounts. wake up and fix it! i got hacked after 10.1d was released because of this and i'm sure the hackers are still hacking people's accounts so long as you continue with this job unfinished.

you need to force everyone to do a first time email verification to record hometown ip address. i mean before you allow everyone to login to 10.1d for the first time!

as of now you are taking it on faith that the first person to log into each account is the rightful owner. you are then recording this first login as the hometown ip address. this is SO WRONG.

that means there are THOUSANDS of "inactive" accounts, people who have not yet logged in since the update - none of their accounts are secure with this new "feature" because you fucking implemented it wrong! talk about oversight?! in the network security business that's grounds for losing your job.

and you advertised it to the hacking community. the hackers know until you fix this the entire patch only protects those who have logged in since the update. and people like me, who logged in the day of the patch were still too late because the hackers have been hitting these accounts since the minute the patch went live, while people like me were sleeping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info