0.10.1d Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
  • If you log into your account from a different city using the game client, your account will now become locked and an email will be sent to you with an unlock code. Entering this code will unlock your account. If this occurs to you when you haven't changed location, then someone else has your password and you should change it immediately.
  • Saved login details now only work if you're connecting from the same IP you saved them on.

In future will it be possible to turn this "feature" off? I got dynamic IP, it changes regularly so it is annoying for me because every day I need to copy stupid code from my mail into game so I can log into it.
Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.
"
Chris wrote:

Version 0.10.1d
  • If you log into your account from a different city using the game client, your account will now become locked and an email will be sent to you with an unlock code. Entering this code will unlock your account. If this occurs to you when you haven't changed location, then someone else has your password and you should change it immediately.

There needs to be an option to turn this security feature off. I travel to to two different cities on a regular basis and I have to access my email every time the account is locked down.

BUG?
I am able to use the old security password to unlock my account. Should it suppose to work that way? Defeats the purpose IMHO.
Same here, in Brazil 70% of the internet connections is with dynamic IP so its very annoying every time having to get the code to unlock the account. please make it possible to turn it on or off. thanks
You literally have NO idea how much I despise this retarded "You have a non-fix IP, so we're going to lock your account everytime you wanna log in"-feature.

Is there a way to re-configure some .ini file or smth. to kick it?

Because I literally wanna kick babies for every developer that thinks this is a great system.

There should be an option to limit it to a specific country (by player's domain name suffix).

Very easy to implement
Very non-problematic
Still provides some security (much better than disabling it altogether)
PLEASE work on the shutdown / pc crash problem please in http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/68140
"
Luiggech wrote:
I have dynamic IP, it changes every 12 hours. Although I dont even move from my house, Im being forced to unlock my account every 12 hours as if I had changed of city (which I not).

A soon fix for this would be nice.

It's been long enough, I'd have thought they might have addressed this issue by now. :\

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
TY!
"
VirindiGuard wrote:
TY!
no
ign thisiseplaner

Just wondering if this ever got fixed for XP?

"PathOfExile.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I know this is from February but I am on XP and this is the error I keep recieving....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info