[2.6] Toxic Aegis - CwC Chaos Flurry Gladiator

Thanks for the detailed answers and analysis.

I'm using this claw for now but my DPS feels weak.
@tainium

What is your tooltip damage in your hideout for Bladeflurry and Blade Fall? Do you feel the DPS is weak for single target or also for clearing in general?

Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
BFlurry 790
BFall 1300
Feels weak for both mapping and bosses.

I'm still working on the gear upgrades you helped me with. Perhaps I can get a better jewelry piece with more Chaos after I fix resists.
@tainium
hm ye that sounds like something is wrong there, my current Flurry is around 1100 with all the Weapons i have and BF is 3.5k with such a big difference i don´t think that Chaos on jewlery has anything to do with it.

Try using Controlled Destruction instead of inc. AoE in your Setup. AoE does not realyl do much on Bladefall in my oppinion. Switch to Conc. Effect for Bosses
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Conc Effect (17/20) bumps me to BFlurry 1200, BFall 3600. Those numbers match yours. I'll run with this for a while to test it out.

I prefer the play style of BV to Bfall but BV just feels so much weaker than BFall. How would adding Spell Damage somewhere impact that?

Overall my defense is fantastic so I wonder if I could respec a bit? But I don't see any super impactful Offense nodes remaining that would balance out the good Def nodes we have.
@tainium

Since the 2.5.1 changes to BladeVortex it does not feel that good for mapping imho.

btw: my values were not with conc, it was with Controlled Destruction.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
btw: my values were not with conc, it was with Controlled Destruction.
That's what I meant to say :)

DPS feels better now after your recommendation. Not OP or anything, but I guess that's the tradeoff for such tankiness. I'm still pondering ways to boost DPS. Weapon seems the obvious change, but weapons for this build are hard to find on trade...and the essence crafting you mentioned completely ruined a decent weapon so I guess the gambling nature of essence crafting on a rare isn't my style. I'm too noob.

Here's a fresh look at my setup based on your recommendations with all capped resists and 94% chaos resist. I'm not entirely clear how much ES I should have in total. In HO, I'm at 21K armor and 830 ES.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 14, 2017, 12:49:06 PM
"
I'm not entirely clear how much ES I should have in total. In HO, I'm at 21K armor and 830 ES.

You should get 1-1.5k Es, your Gear has quite Low ES improving it in one slot with a good ES Item should allready bring you to above 1k.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Just a note for the audience. I'm testing out the Atrophy node and it gave me a significant DPS boost.

Blade Flurry 1272->1484
Bladefall 3784->4149

BV still sucks, but not as bad.
"
You should get 1-1.5k Es, your Gear has quite Low ES improving it in one slot with a good ES Item should allready bring you to above 1k.
Thanks. Helm acquired and ES is at 1K! I think my next gearing priorities will be Arm/Ev to get from 21K to over 25K. Crafting 2% block on gloves might be in order but that is a tough call when I need to get Accuracy and/or Attack Speed on gloves already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info