[2.6] Toxic Aegis - CwC Chaos Flurry Gladiator

@CoolColJ

You can´t link 2 Spells to CwC. Or yes you can but you get the same casts per second as the cooldown is based on the CwC Gem not the linked Spells (CoC works with cooldown per spell linked)

So linking to Spells is about the same as not putting anything in that socket.

And i use Bladefall and Bladevortex, neither is "much better" it depends on the situation. I mostly tend to use Bladefall and thats also what is described in the opening post afaik.

I tested Cybyls and the DPS was alot worse then the other options that i included in my Weapon Test Part 2 Video.

I also don´t think that the LgoH from Cybyls is that great, we can get the Leech Cluster for 0,4% LL and with a good weapon this should allready be lots more than Cybils Paw.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jan 10, 2017, 7:03:39 PM
Hardcore point of view.

This build is perfect for hardcore league, with the insane lag spikes that can happen in high pack size breaches in highlevel maps. With the insane amount of small hits you pretty much heal more damage than you lose.

The items you want for the build is not cheap, but not crazy expensive either.(dont know about SC prizes) But you would like all the items to really make it shine. Like most builds with lots of rares you can always get better items :)

From testing I think bladefall is the way to go, getting controlled destruction instead of inc aoe (at least on bosses) Focusing on getting 21/20 bladefall(first) and 21/20 added chaos.(secound)

My opinion for items in endgame;
- 6L-Cospri's Will (hands down, I dont think anything will beat getting 7L and dual curse on Reconing)
- Decay weapon ofc. (have not got my hands on the added chaos damage roll yet) but I dont see it beating t1 spell damage. If u can get all 3 prefixes you pretty much won.
- Sin's rebirth flask (this one is to good to pass up, great damage boost to bladefall)
- Atziri's flask (cheap and good damage boost on bladefall)
- Vanguard belt (craft a good 84 Vanguard belt with close to max inpicit 320 armour and 320 evasion) The dream would be t1: Armour, life and chaos resist, es, and flask charges mods)
- Witchfire brew (the damage over time boost is very nice, but I think getting the fast curse up using Cospris is the most important)
-Jewels jewels jewels(You need good ones for sure) Buy with 3 affixes (1.life,2.chaos or area damage and 3.damage over time), if ur rich u can exalt it and hope for all 4.

Would like to say thanks for a great build! (tailored for breach league)

If anyone want to see a crazy helmet for the build, check my profile ;)
Last edited by Erlendwii on Jan 11, 2017, 10:02:08 AM
@Erlendwii

Happy to hear that you enjoy the build so much in HC!

You also have really nice gear overall!

I know its still quite expensive in HC but did you test The Scourge?

Would be happy to hear how you think about this Weapon compared to your current Setup.

(Downside is ofc that it needs additional Block in the Tree compared to a Sai)
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
@ZweihundertMorder

The Scourge is around 100-200c on hardcore so I dont know if I will be testing it. But if people really like it ill try. Feel it might lack damage with no minion damage from the tree or auras that support them) Dont think the block downside is to bad since the block+phys damage will be better with the scourge.

If anyone have suggestions or have tested "The Scourge" please give some feedback if you think its better than Sai dagger with degen and spell damage or flat chaos damage)
@Erlendwii

Even without any Minion Damage in the Tree it provides 70% fully double dipping Damage for Spell, Attack and Poison while having a good Attackspeed and base Physical Damage.

I tested it in my "Weapon Test Part 2" Video and it performed just as good as the other tested weapons, but it hade some nice quirks.

As it has lots more Physical damage it is less dependend on the Wither Totem. With other Weapons the wither totem more than cut the time to kill Tull in half, with The Scourge the difference was much smaller.

For mapping and Trashclear i felt like the 70% DoT damage made up for the loss of Decay for the most part.

So its nothing to important to test if its that expensive in HC, would have just liked to hear thoughts on it from someone else testing it with a well equiped and working version of the build.

Maybe someone else in SC can test it as Scourges are really cheap in BSC.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Great build, great guide!

Can I please have some upgrade advice?

Mana is a problem for me. With only one aura up I can't even sustain Shield Charge, much less my attacks. Two auras renders me skill-less.

Block is at 60%. BF tooltip is at 1K while idle in HO with 93% chance to hit. My next upgrades will include an effort to fix my resists which aren't good right now (91% cold in HO). Armour with two auras is 21K. 640 ES.

Passive skill tree build
Last edited by tainium on Jan 13, 2017, 9:16:37 AM
@tainium

If you don´t use a Gemini Claw you need to use the Sai Tree = Get Mana Leech nodes at the Duelist Area.

For your Gear you really need to upgrade Helmet, Boots Gloves. All have pretty low life rolls, no ES and not to amazing Resists.

Especialy Boots and Gloves should be really easy to get upgrades for.

Focus on getting as high ES and Life as you can get with the Resists you need.

Accuracy on Amuluet and Ring is allready plenty so no need to go out of your way to get it on Gloves/Helmet!

Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on those upgrades.

Why do you recommend the Scourge claw? It has neither the block of the Sai nor the Mana leech of the Gemini. So you end up with two problems instead of either one. It doesn't have Chaos damage.
Why do you take Violent Retaliation over Blood in the Eyes?
@tainium

The Scourge grants 70% damage that will work on the Attack, the Spell and the Poison. IT also has a pretty good Physical DPS (Physical can also Poison)

I often use it with my Sai tree and even with the 6% block missing its just as good as my Sai and i can still facetank a Tul or Cursed King.

So Sai tree with Scourge is totaly viable even if its only 70% block.

I initial did not add it to the Guide but after many ppl kept asking and i tested it again in my second video i added at as it is really good for damage even if it takes 2 skillpoints more to make it perfect.

With the Phys DPS a SCourge offers it could also be possible to cover your Mana needs with a % Phys attack damage Leeched as Mana roll on a Amulet.

EDIT:

For your second question.

It saves points in the Tree as we get 2% Block on the way there. The global Phys damage buff is also a really nice buff. If you facetank Tul or Cursed king you often get 40+ Stacks which is alot of damage!
In Breaches you also get alot of stacks that let you move realyl fast from one edge to the other.

But its also ok to take the other Ascendancy route, i just feel that it does not offer that much overall.

But its really close and was a hard decision when i first completed Uber Lab and had to choose.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jan 13, 2017, 4:35:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info