[2.6] Toxic Aegis - CwC Chaos Flurry Gladiator

Is there any merit to using Death's Door for boots? Effectively 19% alres with the +1 end charge, very decent ES and armour, and makes us completely immune to bleeding, freeing up a flask slot. Do we lose too much life/res for these?
If you can fit in DD they are cool for sure, bleed can be dangerous for sure.

I did not really test how much life i would lose for it but it could pose a little downside for sure.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Can someone pls explain how i craft the recommend Sai? I found a essence of delirium but i wonder how can i get chaos damage and the decay mod on it... One of both types is easy but with only 1 essence its pure rng... I read something about benchtables?!? Thanks!!!
@flojoe

Sadly there is no Trick to do this. ITs just gambling.

Before you do that i reccomend watching the Weapon test Part 2 Video.

I test the time to kill on Tul with 4 Weapons there and you can see that its proably not worth it to invest to much in a Sai like that!

https://youtu.be/fUiUrZ7DBS0
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Your guide is right that Vertex is an interesting option for us. With it and Enlighten, I have enough mana to spec out of Charisma and save three passive points. The tradeoff is losing the 6% aura buff which dropped my Armor from 26K to 25K.

What do you think of that tradeoff?

I also wonder what the impact would be if the fourth socket was red for Empower.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 15, 2017, 8:58:34 PM
I would not worry so much about 1k Armour as i would worry about having no Life on another Item.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Still enjoying this build. Here's a snapshot of my setup that cleared Uber Lab at level 85. Suggestions are welcome as I still have room to change around some socket options and other things.

HO stats: Life 4K, ES 1.3K, Armor 23.4K, Block 66%, Ele res all overcapped (156%-172%) and Chaos res is at 110%. Blade Flurry tooltip is 1700 and Bladefall is 4680.

Note that my current version differs from OP's. His is better overall. Mine is more straight Chaos damage while he has more Phys damage for Poison DOT. I selected a different Ascendency to align for this difference. Definitely follow OP's version if you can get a decent Decay weapon. Also, I chose Sai over Claw because the main difference in weapons is the implicit and I find it easier to get Mana than Block from other sources.

Passive skill tree build
Last edited by tainium on Jan 16, 2017, 2:44:27 PM
Anyone tried this with the anvil? Any reason it's a bad idea? It's quite the block build after all??
I wonder about that, too. The biggest downside appears to be the reduced attack speed (and resists and life, of course).

Advancing Fortress and that are both interesting options here. OP did weapons tests and showed very little difference between them all. So I wonder about using Advancing Fortress for the defenses and 15% block to save lots of points on the tree for more Poison & DOT nodes.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 17, 2017, 9:43:48 AM
@tainium

Advancing Fortress Run is here:

https://youtu.be/ruwtL4o17RQ

@Mithlug

I answerd about the Anvil somepages ago i think. Imho its totaly not worth it.

Both questions go in the same direction of: Why not get more defense that we pay for with lots of offense.

The answer is: Because we allready got tons of defense and the offense is the problem.

I don´t see the point in using unquies that would give more block or more Armour for the cost of DPS.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info