The AH dream is dead.

Happy to see nothing has changed in their stance towards automated auction houses.

Now what I would really appreciate is implementing poe.trade into the game.

Drawbacks:
- additional coding (=money) effort (probably not much of poe.trade code reusable)
- additional server load through getting hammered with search queries

Advantages:
- quality of life via direct whispers (no alt+tabbing, ctrl+c/ctrl+v)
- reliability (no poe.trade outages, there have been several)
- immersion: a market stall or post wall like the notification board in the towns, instead of a web browser outside the game
- much higher potential for improvements
- edit1: less lag... bidding for offers that were sold 5 minutes ago is annoying (and the converse is spammy)

As one example for the improvement potential: every time somebody hits the "whisper" button to buy an item, a counter for a target is incremented and displayed publicly in the listing. This number shows how many different people have tried to buy this item. So we would have a visual indicator for those who intentionally put an item way below price without intent of selling it.
Such a feature is currently not possible with poe.trade due to lack of integration with the game.

edit2: Another big one is showing AFK status, because having the first 7 listings autoreply AFK is quite discouraging.

I would really like to know GGGs position on in-game poe.trade.
Last edited by foosis on Dec 11, 2016, 5:24:36 PM
probably will end up leaving again because of how tedious and frustrating trading can be and how necessary they've made it for gear/atlas progression, certainly won't be supporting until something is done
Chill Jams
Last edited by EdgarFriendly on Dec 10, 2016, 12:48:02 PM
AH = bots , like in D3 , so **** AH .
"
Xavderion wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9kygXtkh10&feature=youtu.be&t=5m52s

And I'm very happy about it. An AH would be a disaster.

This game needs an auction house and that's all there is to it. chinese bot farmers and self-written code poe.trade snipers are ruining the game; it's not healthy nor wise to have a small (1k or so) number of people be the ones to set the parameters for the other players. A game-within-a-game is only going to enrich those who can master both sides, and there aren't many who can.

An auction house with a capability not to show items from known chinese bots or market scammers = profit for everyone else, or items listed for longer than x length of time, or listings for the same uniqueIdentifier posted more than once in the last week, etc, that's how you do an auction house.

There is simply no way forward for a community-driven game where the profit model is player retention for MTX sales.

It should have shipped with a fully-functioning AH, with customizable features. Right now, many people are playing solo-self found without realizing it, cause there's no real way to buy upgrades due to market manipulation.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

This game needs an auction house and that's all there is to it. chinese bot farmers and self-written code poe.trade snipers are ruining the game; it's not healthy nor wise to have a small (1k or so) number of people be the ones to set the parameters for the other players. A game-within-a-game is only going to enrich those who can master both sides, and there aren't many who can.

It should have shipped with a fully-functioning AH, with customizable features. Right now, many people are playing solo-self found without realizing it, cause there's no real way to buy upgrades due to market manipulation.

If you can master the trade game, then you deserve the edge on the rest of the playerbase. Second Wraeclast is a cruel world; so market manipulation fits right into it. I don't necessarily promote it but do not condemn it as well. If you are smart, you can even profit when someone else is manipulating the "prices". Let's be honest here, most standard players don't got a goddamn clue to roughly estimate the value of an item. Instead of evaluating it themselves, they just copy the price if it is already listed on Poe Trade. There are opportunities for those that see it. But I am sealing my lips. Something players should figure out themselves.

And on a final note: the players who want an AH, are those who are standing there with their mouths open, ready to be spoonfed. The same type of players who loved the later stages of diablo 2 when duping and botting was rampant. What a fun game that was. Not.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Dec 11, 2016, 3:43:52 AM
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
chinese bot farmers and self-written code poe.trade snipers are ruining the game

Bot farmers have nothing to do with the trade system, in fact they would profit more if more people participated in the market, which would be the case with an automated AH. As for self-written snipers, if you have evidence that there are such snipers which are faster than the built in poe.trade live mode, please show it to me.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
AH debate is so 2013 :)

A person like me, who playes PoE for its H&S features, is doing just fine with the current trading system. I do just a handful of trades per league, sell some uniques / Q gems, buy some uniques / Q gems, convert some currency... I'm still enjoying the game in its fullest, without GG top tier gear and slaving in the salt mines to obtain that gear.

But I agree that for everyone who plays the trading game, with the aim of "becoming rich", the current system is annoying as fuuk.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

This game needs an auction house and that's all there is to it.

Spoiler
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
YAAWWNNN!!!! This isn't the droid arpg we are looking for. Move along.

We've known this fact that Chris and company will never code an AH into PoE since OB. The D3 disaster of 2012 is the reason PoE will never have an AH. I agree.

However, that doesn't mean we can't have asynchronous trade and be able to pay the B/O price without interacting with the seller who is AFK or in-game playing (don't blame them, they're here to play and bash mobs, bosses, rogues etc. too) and doesn't want to stop to trade. GGG has needed to code a way to get into the sellers trade stash without a direct seller invite and then pay the B/O price, get the item, and be on our way long ago... like forever.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
There are already thousands of bots running around, don't try to play it like your game is the avatar of pure ARPG or something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info