The AH dream is dead.

Might also be nice if they made normal stash tabs able to go public as well.

But that's kind of an odd solution because they would have to modify how the poe.trade indexer prices whole tabs, as the name of a normal stash tab can't change to be a buyout.

Maybe allow individual pricing only on normal tabs.

I don't need this personally, but it would probably be good if selling items wasn't gated behind a paywall or using 3rd party software (like good old Acquisition) to be able to post items to where people want to sell them.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
(maybe go with a simple 4 number pin captcha that we must enter to authenticate that a human is doing this)

Great way to destroy immersion.

And destroying bots. Better than alt+tab poe.trade at not destroying immersion.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
If you are worried about immersion... it could always be POE related.

Who is in this picture? Kraitlyn? Gruest? Hillock?

Granted... this would be a challenge to new people who don't know the rarity of the mirror you are trying to get from them... so this could be frowned upon.
"
element274 wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
(maybe go with a simple 4 number pin captcha that we must enter to authenticate that a human is doing this)

Great way to destroy immersion.

And destroying bots. Better than alt+tab poe.trade at not destroying immersion.

A bot can easily read a 4 digit pin off the screen. All captchas would do is piss off legitimate users while providing a minor inconvenience to automation.
"
RandallPOE wrote:

A bot can easily read a 4 digit pin off the screen. All captchas would do is piss off legitimate users while providing a minor inconvenience to automation.

Use question captcha like: A dog is a type of cat (yes or no). A square has _ sides.

It would not piss off legitimate users if you educate him, that is your anti-bot. Bots is one of the main reason given so you can't have automated trading. Typing yes, no or 4 is not that big of a hassle and done only if you're doing AH stuff, and can be done one time or with time interval. This is a very small inconvenience compared to alt+tabing ctrl+v 10+ times because afk/dnd/cbb or exiting a map and relogging to a different league to sell something.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Dec 12, 2016, 3:19:09 PM
"
satanttin wrote:
Just remove trading all together if they don't want us to trade without getting stressed out because of it and just increase the freaking drop rate so it's actually viable to do SSF :')

or make an action house otherwise the game is pretty much unplayable in end game for 60% of the players :')

Last game that I played that did that made it boring as they handed everything out to you in such frequency it didn't have much value anymore. You know what game I'm talking about.
BerMalBerIst1 wrote: What if GGG doesn't nerf anything and decides to buff a bunch of stuff?

666lol666 wrote: In that case someone has kidnapped their kids and is forcing them to do so. These guys are allergic to buffs, they are in love with the nerfhammer!
People that just repeat like parrots that AH is bad , don't know what the fk they are talking about .
Last edited by BestMageKR on Dec 12, 2016, 7:54:40 PM
"
BestMageKR wrote:
People that just repeat like parrots that AH is bad , don't know what the fk they are talking about .

Yeah, your argument is much better :)

Your trolling needs an upgrade, sir.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Bet 90% of the sheeple here that say they don't want an AH have poe.trade in another tab open.

It is an AH. Stop telling yourself you don't want it cuz you clearly do.

Also anyone has played D3 serious enough knows that the AH wasnt the problem, RMAH was and the fact they sold gold ingame was the fucking problem.

GGG please give us an AH. it's gonna be the best addition to the game in a very long time. Don't listen to the sheeple. They literally don't have a clue.

Pro's of an AH:

Less time involved for trading
Price manupilating gets harder if u have a failsafe build into cancelling auctions
Prices will go down of many items cuz more people will start selling their items.
More diverse builds will get to see some play cuz the availabiltiy of items will go up.
and so many more things.

Cons of an AH:

Playing the AH is more effective than playing the game (trying to kid yourselves again? been doing this on poe.trade ever since it came out)
Flipping gets easier (is this really a con tho? less time involved for trading again and less likely to get flipped when selling items cuz u have easy acces to pricechecks)

Sorry for my bad english btw.
This world is an illusion, Exile!
All I know is that I don't like the current system, and would prefer something else. I hate having to waste map portals to sell items... I also dislike going through multiple people to buy an item, since none of them respond. Trading in this game, for me, is just tedious and distracting.
Last edited by Beravin on Dec 13, 2016, 12:05:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info