The AH dream is dead.

"
Arrowneous wrote:

However, that doesn't mean we can't have asynchronous trade and be able to pay the B/O price without interacting with the seller who is AFK or in-game playing (don't blame them, they're here to play and bash mobs, bosses, rogues etc. too) and doesn't want to stop to trade. GGG has needed to code a way to get into the sellers trade stash without a direct seller invite and then pay the B/O price, get the item, and be on our way long ago... like forever.

I bet they'll never even do asynchronous trade as that would mean some amount of automation. The most we can hope for is cross instance trade.
"
iofhua1 wrote:
Anyone here ever play Silk Road Online? They let player characters set up vendor stalls where you could click on the player and a window would open up with a list of items they were selling. I wish we could do something like that.

Maybe they could do it through the stash? Everyone gets a sale tab, or maybe we can buy them, and all someone has to do is go to the stash, type your name into a search box and see the stuff you have for sale in your sale tab.

You just drop stuff you want to sell in your tab, set a price, and then just advertise it in trade chat. Anyone interested can plug your name into the search box at the stash and see what you've got.

No meeting with people, no fake listings or manipulation like on POE trade, no auction house. Just a new type of stash tab.

Even if there's no auction house, we still need an improved way to trade. Some way to vendor them while AFK would be huge.

I have suggested something similar on reddit. In my humble opinion that would be the way I see it:

"I will probably say nothing new to some.
We already have hideouts, let's utilize them. We already have noticeboards let's utilize them more.
You want to buy something, go to a noticeboard, select trade tab, specify what you're looking for. Found an item? Move to that person's hideout and browse shared tabs. Click on an item and specify to buy out or offer+due date.
Want to sell an item. Use your stash tabs like we do now. Your offers will be picked up in the noticeboard.
I would personally like that system. No auction house, eliminates 3rd party tools and allows to showcase hideouts."
In the meantime i just experienced an awesome trading experience.
Sold a Tabula rasa 10 mins ago in Breach League.
Getting spammed since it seems it's still indexed.
Installed again the game two days ago i think i'm off again. Pffff i will stop here i'm too pissed off to argue anymore.

Do whatever you want but do something AH or not !
Hf :)
We know that the steps necessary to get to a sellers trade tab has to be long enough for there not to be a repeat of D3 AH flippers here. So that means GGG will keep the 3rd party search sites and then just figure out a way for us to get into the sellers hideout without needing a direct invite. Once there and opening the sellers stash all we'd see are the "For-Sale" stash tabs of items and their B/O price. We click on the item we wish to buy and it is shown in the top of the trade window. When we fill the bottom of the trade window with the exact B/O price, then and only then will the trade button work, until the B/O price is fulfilled it stays grayed out.

As long as the whole process is not too quick so we don't see bots show up to destroy the economy (maybe go with a simple 4 number pin captcha that we must enter to authenticate that a human is doing this) then I don't see why GGG won't give us what we want.

Hey GGG, I really would trade if you did this as you have always wanted us to do. I just ain't playing the "hunt the seller down" sub-game bs.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Sad. I already have a job and bartering feels like work to me without any enjoyment so I don't it. Because of that I can never play the higher level stuff in the game. I tried the atziri map once but I couldn't even get past the 3 bosses.
Last edited by Sisaroth on Dec 11, 2016, 3:27:25 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
(maybe go with a simple 4 number pin captcha that we must enter to authenticate that a human is doing this)

Great way to destroy immersion.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
The more fundamental issue is that some players see it as "good" (or even required, according to some comments here) to be able to sell stuff while AFK.

I don't think it's objectively good or bad, just a design choice. GGG wants to have player interaction, and that's fine.
They could for example make a market area (Sarn Market?) where you have to move your character along booths, each corresponding to one different player. I would consider it tedious compared to scrolling down a list, but they could justify it with some immersion argument. They don't want stock market trading (and resulting behaviour/effects).

So they want to simulate an economy where people have to be present to benefit from it. How convenient would it be to have this part automated, so you can trade AFK!
How about they automate spellcasting for us? How convenient would it be to set timers for specific skills to be repeated every X seconds, and just move around, use flasks when necessary, doing away with the (admit it) tedious part of repeating your curse+cast (or whatever) combo every X seconds!

On a more serious note, I would say telekinetic autopickup for currency is more justifiable than AFK trading given that we have currency tabs and every currency item has some value. But it depends on the direction GGG wants to move the game in.

So yeah, selling stuff while AFK is just a design choice, and I for one am happy that GGG doesn't enable it. Hope it stays that way, despite a few vocal people flaunting their "This game must have an AH, period." attitude.

"
Heli0nix wrote:
In the meantime i just experienced an awesome trading experience.
Sold a Tabula rasa 10 mins ago in Breach League.
Getting spammed since it seems it's still indexed.
Installed again the game two days ago i think i'm off again. Pffff i will stop here i'm too pissed off to argue anymore.

Do whatever you want but do something AH or not !

That has nothing to do with automated trading or auction houses. It's because poe.trade is a (hackish, let's be honest) 3rd party workaround with bad synchronisation (due to load, and how the river is set up). Don't blame GGG for this.
One more reason to reimplement exactly poe.trade in-game: your woes would be gone.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1784435/page/10#p13966700

"
Sisaroth wrote:
Sad. I already have a job and bartering feels like work to me without any enjoyment so I don't it. Because of that I can never play the higher level stuff in the game. I tried the atziri map once but I couldn't even get past the 3 bosses.

But with an auction house it would still be bartering (due to POE's currency system). And with fixed nominal currency but no auction house, it would be equivalent to the current b/o offers.
If you don't want to put any effort into it, just pay the listed price. If somebody autoreplies AFK, move on and don't let this "unsuccessful attempt" of 5 seconds break your enjoyment...
The problem is again poe.trade, which doesn't show AFK status like an in-game equivalent should.

But if you want to squeeze the margin, it becomes effort. That is shown to be more efficient (in terms of trade volume) with an auction house, and since it's an easy cognitive task, bots excel at it.
Yeah, I agree with the others who said about GGG improving PoE trade OR incomporate it to the game. It'd be awesome + some server issues corrections too - today the São Paulo server is laggy as hell! o_o"
I think that an action house would solve many problems plaguing the current trade system. I also understand that GGG wants to stick to their principles. What I would like to know though is what are specifically the problems an action house would create and what's been given by GGG as a main reason not to implement it. Also, by stating that they want to make sure the game retains its roots GGG contradicts itself. Because in the same interview Chris admitted GGG is aware of the problems caused by the powercreep meta, but is very reluctant on adressing these issues in order not to upset too many players. And I think it's fair to say the oldschool GGG would simply throw down the nerfhammer, because eventually, that'd be good for the state of PoE. How I see it, given what Chris revealed during the interview, GGG wants to step in only in areas that don't result in a possible loss of money (which is understandable). After all, the current trade system causes a minor annoyance, as statistically most players don't even engage in trading activities. But again, that's my two cents, not trying to convince anyone here, I'm also aware of the fact, that GGG isn't gonna read this post, but hey, typing some nonesense nobody cares about at 1AM is what helps me fall asleep.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Last edited by Weißenberg on Dec 11, 2016, 7:25:43 PM
GGG just doesn't want to be obligated to handle trade related complaints/problems, etc. A trade platform instantly means more dedicated employees to handle designing it AND all of the ongoing maintenance that occur as a result of it.

Who's going to pay the extra salaries?

It won't work for the same reason the D3 AH didn't continue. The creation and upkeep would be a net profit loss.

It's all about the $$$, fellas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info