The AH dream is dead.

"
Not only would it make it more conviniant it would make it so GGG have control over things like fake listing and such which plauge poe.trade ATM

poe.trade is built with the API GGG is providing and their rules regarding trading.
If they never done anything regarding fake listing there is a reason. This is clearly intended and has to be put in the " We want trading beeing hard " long list.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Dec 7, 2016, 3:38:39 AM
AH would be shit, trading is fine right now ( except current breach issues with poe.trade/GGG server right now )
IGN TylordRampage
all i want is being able to trade from the place i am with party members. being unable to trade from lab killed the whole part of the content for me
An AH would be way superior compared to what we have right now. Relying on third party tools for something as important as trading in an arpg will backfire sooner or later. D3 vanilla had it right. You farmed up for an item you wanted, checked the AH and bam, item was in your inventory. Easy.
AH would be fantastic for this game. They would have to raise mob HP a bit to slow things down, but the quasi-AH we have now is trash and it would be great to have a real one.
There is an ah and it is called poe trade accessable via bought stash tabs.
So I am a Marauder this league as I almost always am. I can't buy Purity of Lightning for my Lightning Coil. I figured I would buy a bunch on poe.trade to level up and vaal when they were 20 in hopes of getting +1.

It took me 32 minutes of asking people to get a few of them. I had ask 27 people in order to finish trades that ammounted to 4 alterations and 3 alch orbs. Some reaalll nice player interaction there.

Similar thing happened when I wanted to try out the Hiltess sword. Took several people of no responses and afk/offline to finally get a trade to go through. Traded for 1 chaos.

I don't know if an AH would make/break the game... but damn we need something better then this. Especially for the low buyout items. It sucks for both parties to have to interrupt the game flow for a 1 chaos or less trade.
most of the problems an ingame auction house will cause could be compensated by making players play the game to be able to advertise items for offline trading or buy them

a redditor had the idea to let the game drop trading tokens which you would need to buy or sell. imho a fantastic idea.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Dec 7, 2016, 8:21:03 AM
Anyone here ever play Silk Road Online? They let player characters set up vendor stalls where you could click on the player and a window would open up with a list of items they were selling. I wish we could do something like that.

Maybe they could do it through the stash? Everyone gets a sale tab, or maybe we can buy them, and all someone has to do is go to the stash, type your name into a search box and see the stuff you have for sale in your sale tab.

You just drop stuff you want to sell in your tab, set a price, and then just advertise it in trade chat. Anyone interested can plug your name into the search box at the stash and see what you've got.

No meeting with people, no fake listings or manipulation like on POE trade, no auction house. Just a new type of stash tab.

Even if there's no auction house, we still need an improved way to trade. Some way to vendor them while AFK would be huge.
What is dead cannot die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info