The AH dream is dead.

"
wiggin wrote:
I have seen this haggle/negotiate function in other games' AH. It's not like there always has to be that buyout button instant sale. The only difference between fully supported GGG's AH and some shady website we all know could be amount of ads seen and alt tabs required to buy an item.

This is where a lot of people get lost, me included, as people's definition of an AH varies. I don't think you can find many players here that doesn't want an in-game trading function. But you'll find a lot of players that don't want an automated AH without no sort of communication between buyer and seller.

I really don't care what type of improvement they come up with, as long as they'll keep the need for player-to-player communication and the ability to negotiate using your words. No one needs an item "right fucking now", and if this is the reason for wanting an AH, I strongly disagree.

In my eyes, the whole point of playing games like these (ARPG's) is gone, if you KNOW that you CAN get EVERY item WHENEVER if you can afford it.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Flipping and market manipulation arn't my main concern it will happen in any games whatever is the trading model. AH or not.

The way trading is abandonned by GGG is my problem.
Few changes in API won't do anything about that aslong trading need backtrading and suffer of a total lack of polishing. Inexistant in fact. At this point i even wonder if they arn't keeping trading like that just for crappy online retention method.

Hf :)
"
Xavderion wrote:

The AH dream is dead since almost forever, I don't see any unknown news in this video?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Trading in POE is just an awful experience. I don't care what they do to improve it, it just needs to be improved.
"
engrsd wrote:
Trading in POE is just an awful experience. I don't care what they do to improve it, it just needs to be improved.

Im sure GGG will come out with something, most likely it will involved the quad size premium tabs (cause not many people have them) and will require additional purchase to enable to function.

GGG will than say that by no means its a P2W feature, but just another QOL in trade, and you can do the same using any of the free tools.

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
The D3 incident is blown out of proportion and taken completely out of context.

The problems with D3 started when the servers could not deliver from week 1.

Players were mad.

The AH in itself, made more people wanna farm CAUSE REAL MONEY (like, that makes a difference),

in a game with no complexity in itemization or skills.

So if you have a shitload of players farming, but the really useful items are narrowly defined by a couple of stats depending the class, then yeah, the AH is gonna be full of shit no one wants to buy.

Now, in poe even an AH is not what we really want those who "are in favor of an AH". Because in POE there is no real currency. An AH with buyouts would still need a lot of work to get the price in the items wrv you wanna buy got posted.

What some of us want is

1) when you make an offer, as in real life, or in steam, the owner of the item cannot deny the transaction based on the fact that he's playing the market listing fake prices to abuse the system. Unless he cancels the post before anyone accepts that offer.

2) once the item is posted at a certain price, the buyer should not need to follow the protocol of contacting the dude, checking if he's online or afk, and all the rest of this crap. If the buyer has the items just make it possible to make the transfer without the absurd player interaction.

Everything those who like the current system use as an argument to keep things as they are, do not realize that everything they fear is actually possible right now. And the only "solution" GGG has found was to make trade so horrible, only a small % of the players do it, so it goes unnoticed. The cost the game pays is that the trade is a pain and only a few take part on it, while at the same time, the game is balanced with trading in mind.

They take the example of the top 1% of the players, that spend a shitload of hours per day playing poe non stop for a couple of month at least. Players that have a group of friends at the same level and can literally coop progression and interchange items according to the needs of the group.

While the game provides no real social interaction tools, and most of the players are left alone, with mega limited trading if they know about it at all, with no parties to coop with, in a game balanced around the needs and accomplishments of the real minority.

WOW has an AH, has guilds, has friend lists, has chats, and has probably a substantial amount of players over POE and a ridiculous amount of features GGG seems unable to provide, when we are talking about tools that have been present in games for 20 years.

If more trade would be the ruin of the game, then the game is not as complex as it seems, and the item system is not as different as the one D3 has.

If poe really has the level of design we all like to jerk off it does, then more access to items, should mean more builds and character created, more experimentation, and so on. And each league would mean more opportunities even after the "oh rip lol" spam the 3 days after the release.

TLDR: GGG is failing in multiple basic "other games take for granted" fronts, while balancing the game around the minority that plays so much and works around so many of those holes, they think everything is ok, or they just plain do not give a fuck. You are not supposed to play alone without trading, but the way every "tool" is designed, lures you, and more important, the new players, in that direction.

If you don't get why that's fucked up, then you are beyond saving.
I never have any trouble getting the gear I want with trade as it is.
Maybe an AH isnt the answer, but doing virtually nothing is ridiculous. Trade is hands down the most complained about issue in POE
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
I never have any trouble getting the gear I want with trade as it is.

Yep. Some people LOOOOOVE to exaggerate "problems" on this forum though. 99% of the time, trade is perfectly fine. Obviously over the last few days, with the API fuckup, it isn't good, but once that is fixed, it really isn't that bad.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Some people LOOOOOVE to exaggerate.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
99% of the time, trade is perfectly fine.

Sure.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Dec 8, 2016, 12:54:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info