[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
Foam_Bananas wrote:
"
MMCShiNi wrote:
Maybe I missed it, how do you use arctic armour? Enfeeble and temp chains reserve 70% and arctic armour 30% :>

With the Covenant chest the mines use blood magic, so if you have enough regen and not need the golem you can reserve all mana.

Well I still want to use Shield Charge and Decoy Totem.
"
Jojoflow wrote:
I don't understand where you get power charges from, what am i missing?

NVM found it!
You should have around 40 or so mana left even after the full reservation, and I use a blood magic gem on my totem.
"
MMCShiNi wrote:
"
Foam_Bananas wrote:
"
MMCShiNi wrote:
Maybe I missed it, how do you use arctic armour? Enfeeble and temp chains reserve 70% and arctic armour 30% :>

With the Covenant chest the mines use blood magic, so if you have enough regen and not need the golem you can reserve all mana.

Well I still want to use Shield Charge and Decoy Totem.

Arctic armour reserves 25%. As Foam_Bananas said you should have some Mana left. In my update video you can see that this little mana is enough to shield charge non stop, leap slam nonstop and use decoy totem.

EDIT: Ok just rewatched my vid , couldn't use decoy totem because it was linked to faster casting and inc duration. A lvl 20 decoy totem alone costs 35 mana. So you can either link it with blood magic or use it without sup gems.

"
Red_Sun wrote:
What about jewels?
There are such nice combinations like mine damage, spell damage, ele damage, fire damage, area damage, crit chance and multi, ...

Are they not worth it in this build?

Jewels are awesome, but since we start as shadow, have to travel to templar for aoe and also want crit we just dont have the spare points. You would want to skill into jewel slots directly after my posted skill trees end. So round about lvl 88+ you can start picking up jewel slots that need 2 points.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 6, 2017, 2:09:58 PM
I have only 4L chest, its possible to clear T15?
"
Foam_Bananas wrote:
You should have around 40 or so mana left even after the full reservation, and I use a blood magic gem on my totem.

Actually ignore that, don't even need the blood magic gem, I have enough mana if I don't use increased duration.
Hi first of all thank you for the build D
I started the league with summoner but its kind of boring im trying this build around lvl 30 and its super fun.
Movement speed is a must i dont know how you have done while leveling but im using the mine and 3 traps (fire, electric and ice) and its super fun build to run around.
How would Flammability work in the blasphemy setup in stead of enfeeble?
I don't know how the math works with resistances and ele pen.

Currently lvl 80 with the build, it just tears through every map so far.
@KikosLive

Just curious but i was looking on your char and noted that you have the wrong skill gem on your gloves. Is it intentional that you're leveling a "Faster Projectiles" instead of a "Faster Attacks"?
Is a pretty nice build.

I did my own variation of the build to start off LHC this league, ended up going CI and felt just fine at 8.6k ES.

Its a pretty reliable build, i mainly picked it because I hadn't played FNM before. The build is definitely more fun than FB Totems as a league starter, but, even after playing this extensively as a league starter, even up to T10s, FB totems just outperform in the safety category, which can let you do big money things early like breach bosses.

My planned CI tree is here. Bandits i chose were free, free, Alira. Prior to going CI, I was using the Covenant as a noncrit version on a 5L. I ran hybrid with around 4.8k HP 2k ES, prior to hybrid i was MoM and i used a dedicated ameythst flask for maps.

I was going to optimize this further by using intuitive leap to grab the MoM mana nodes so mana wasn't as much of an issue, as well as the deflection node in order to put some points elsewhere, likely ES so i could clear 10k.

To any new players, keep in mind with this build because it is a mine/trap build, positioning is crucial lategame.

Very nice build, very nice idea, I'll definitely try this again in the future and maybe go further than 86, but for now, time to retire my character to go into the meme vaal spark.
Last edited by Samsol on Mar 7, 2017, 12:46:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info