[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

Why use Doedre's Damning AND take Whispers of Doom and only use 2 curses? One of these is reduntant...
The more a read, the more unfinished this build looks..
I should just reroll. I haven't even been using FNM since Frost Blades is so much better with the same tree, and mines are just shitty in general.
Good luck, guys.
Last edited by Brian on Mar 6, 2017, 11:18:14 PM
"
Why use Doedre's Damning AND take Whispers of Doom and only use 2 curses? One of these is reduntant...

Er no, he advises you to use Whispers of Doom until you get your Deodre's Damning and then respec out.

"
Brian wrote:
I should just reroll. I haven't even been using FNM since Frost Blades is so much better with the same tree, and mines are just shitty in general.
Good luck, guys.

Its a great build, but it shines after a certain point and a lot of builds are like this, not just FNM. For instance Cospri's Discharger is pretty much impossible to level with reliably, and ED/C is complete ass until you have some area of effect nodes.

Frost blades is very good too since the patch, and at the end of the day you should pick the playstyle you enjoy. Just keep in mind that you probably shouldn't build for mines if you intend on playing frost blades as they scale differently (the mine nodes aren't going to help you any). I looked at your character and it doesn't look like you have even played long enough on the character to experience any of the uniques, nodes, or ascendancy points that makes this build and mines in particular much more fluent to use.

At the same time, you are still at a level where everything is very viable, you could have just as much success playing glacial hammer at your current level.

As a general tip, if you bind your attack in place to a numpad key, hold down the numpad key, and turn off numlock before letting go of that key, your mine placement becomes much more fluid as you are now always attacking in place, especially when used in conjunction with Volatile Mines and Clever Construction.
Last edited by Samsol on Mar 6, 2017, 11:55:29 PM
You're right, thanks for the reply.
I just get wondering if I'm wasting my time with these builds since they take me so long to build.
I should probably wait 'til ~55 before deciding on rerolling.
Last edited by Brian on Mar 6, 2017, 11:59:50 PM
I'm having a lot of fun leveling as FNM, it's insanely powerful for leveling even before you get Covenant and you're forever safe against Reflect. I guess the main downsides are inability to do half/no regen maps, BM maps and curse immune.
delete double post , sry
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 7, 2017, 2:30:50 AM
"
SaintLucifer wrote:
@KikosLive

Just curious but i was looking on your char and noted that you have the wrong skill gem on your gloves. Is it intentional that you're leveling a "Faster Projectiles" instead of a "Faster Attacks"?

HAHHAHA, you are basically a god. I was at siosa and yeah FA and FP look very similar. I was wondering why I am so fucking slow since my weapon also has 22% attacks speed. I am such a pleb lol. Thank you so much :D

"
Is a pretty nice build.

I did my own variation of the build to start off LHC this league, ended up going CI and felt just fine at 8.6k ES.

Its a pretty reliable build, i mainly picked it because I hadn't played FNM before. The build is definitely more fun than FB Totems as a league starter, but, even after playing this extensively as a league starter, even up to T10s, FB totems just outperform in the safety category, which can let you do big money things early like breach bosses.

My planned CI tree is here. Bandits i chose were free, free, Alira. Prior to going CI, I was using the Covenant as a noncrit version on a 5L. I ran hybrid with around 4.8k HP 2k ES, prior to hybrid i was MoM and i used a dedicated ameythst flask for maps.

I was going to optimize this further by using intuitive leap to grab the MoM mana nodes so mana wasn't as much of an issue, as well as the deflection node in order to put some points elsewhere, likely ES so i could clear 10k.

To any new players, keep in mind with this build because it is a mine/trap build, positioning is crucial lategame.

Very nice build, very nice idea, I'll definitely try this again in the future and maybe go further than 86, but for now, time to retire my character to go into the meme vaal spark.

Sounds interesting. I would like to know how you regen your energy shield since there is no leech with mines. So lets say your ES goes down to 2k ES, do you try to get out of fight to recover ? When you rush through maps you usally constantly get hit, so there is no time to recharge your ES and it goes lower and lower.

"
I'm having a lot of fun leveling as FNM, it's insanely powerful for leveling even before you get Covenant and you're forever safe against Reflect. I guess the main downsides are inability to do half/no regen maps, BM maps and curse immune.

Yeah I also love leveling with FNM. FNM can be retarded before you have clever construction though. Like everytime I am fighting piety in crematorium in normal for example, I just want to kill myself.
About the map mods. I think half regen is ok, you just have to keep using life flasks more often. Losing your 2 curses with bm maps or hexproof maps really sucks, you are right. I'd still do it in low maps.

"
Brian wrote:
Good luck, guys.

Hi Brian. I am sorry that you don't enjoy playing my build. But I don't understand how you can say the build looks unfinished. With level 28 you didn't experience the full power of the build.

I understand that not everyone likes mines, and if you don't enjoy it just play another skill like said Frost Blades, that's totally fine.

But please do me the favor and don't come here to shit talk the build, it's just not fair to say the build is unfinished and mines are just super bad cause you tested it out with lvl 28.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 7, 2017, 2:50:55 AM
I decided to try out Fire Nova Mine build as a starter for legacy league. I saw your video and read the guide.
I have couple of questions that I couldn't figure out myself. Currently I'm level 80 something in lsc and build works fine for now. I have come across few issues.

Life - your skill tree linked in the video and in written guide has 151% inc life which is not much even for sc. There are few nodes near that can bring it up to 180% life but it still isn't much.

When you use Covenant your mines cost life, at 5 link it's ~176 life per cast at gem level 19. When you are clearing trash that's not an issue but I found out when you fight tough essence monster or a boss you sometimes almost kill yourself with blood magic mines.

I noticed that build tends to struggle with life regen/leech (or lack of). Since mines can't leech life and getting life regen with shadow is somewhat awkward leaves us at weird spot.

I'm using FNM in 5 link but it has already started lacking damage in some cases. Maybe it's just me and I'm used to tier 1 builds. I'm not sure how to scale the damage more efficiently. It might just be my bad gear, any advice would be helpful.
"

As a general tip, if you bind your attack in place to a numpad key, hold down the numpad key, and turn off numlock before letting go of that key, your mine placement becomes much more fluid as you are now always attacking in place, especially when used in conjunction with Volatile Mines and Clever Construction.

Thanks for the tip!
Are there any unique shields/main hands that would be beneficial for this build?
Dif-tor heh smusma.\V/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info