[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
vaan99 wrote:
I decided to try out Fire Nova Mine build as a starter for legacy league. I saw your video and read the guide.
I have couple of questions that I couldn't figure out myself. Currently I'm level 80 something in lsc and build works fine for now. I have come across few issues.

Life - your skill tree linked in the video and in written guide has 151% inc life which is not much even for sc. There are few nodes near that can bring it up to 180% life but it still isn't much.

When you use Covenant your mines cost life, at 5 link it's ~176 life per cast at gem level 19. When you are clearing trash that's not an issue but I found out when you fight tough essence monster or a boss you sometimes almost kill yourself with blood magic mines.

I noticed that build tends to struggle with life regen/leech (or lack of). Since mines can't leech life and getting life regen with shadow is somewhat awkward leaves us at weird spot.

I'm using FNM in 5 link but it has already started lacking damage in some cases. Maybe it's just me and I'm used to tier 1 builds. I'm not sure how to scale the damage more efficiently. It might just be my bad gear, any advice would be helpful.

Thank you for your input. I didn't really test the endgame build for a long time only for 2 maps. And it seemed fine for me. But yes you are right 151% life is really not that much , it was also my biggest issue, and I will try to find a way to solve that. My old build had 6.1k life which was good.
But now that we lose that one cluster at templar and also use 2 uniques that don't have much life, it will go down a bit. I'll try to find a solution and I am always curious about other people's ideas

One thing I noticed is that you didn't invest 3 points in growth and decay, which is huge. It's 2% lifereg. About life - your gear is decent but you could have 150ish more life on your gear (btw use blessed orbs on your belt). I would also recommend to still use vaal clarity. So when you feel you have a tough boss ahead and your life drops too low you can pop it and get the needed break for life to recover.

Just checking for life reg Uniques : This one might be interesting http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voll%27s_Vision

Also this can be nice, but don't get this with voll's vision - it makes voll's vision useless.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Primal_Skull_Talisman

About damage: Especially in the crit version the damage should be awesome. You still have to take the cri cluster at witch (annihilation). Also really try to get a weapn with at least 45 ele dmg to spells, it makes such a huge difference dmg wise. Another really really huge upgrade for you will be the helmet enchantment for FNM (repeat 2 additional times). It kinda doubles the dmg.

Btw. what is your tooltip damage? How much crit you have while 3 or 4 power charges are active?

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 7, 2017, 5:49:51 AM
"
Nanoprobe wrote:
Are there any unique shields/main hands that would be beneficial for this build?

Right now, I'm using Chernobog's Pillar and it's good choice while searching for a very good rare shield. You get a good life roll + a good fire resist + armor + flat fire damage to spell.

For main hands, Singularity can be interesting but I think a good rare must be better in any case...

@Kikoslive

Thanks for this build ! It's very nice to play again a FNM build (the last one was an homemade build for the Ascendancy Beta... nerf at release ^^') Very powerfull during the leveling phase, I have carried a mate during the whole Merciless... I have seen no difference at all ! XD

Now, I'm mapping and it's quite easy for the moment (T6-7).

Great job ! ;)

PS : Atziri done at lvl 80... easy besides the lack of visibility during FB/stormcall phase... XD
Last edited by Les_Larmes_du_Styx on Mar 7, 2017, 6:20:41 AM
"
"
Nanoprobe wrote:
Are there any unique shields/main hands that would be beneficial for this build?

Right now, I'm using Chernobog's Pillar and it's good choice while searching for a very good rare shield. You get a good life roll + a good fire resist + armor + flat fire damage to spell.

For main hands, Singularity can be interesting but I think a good rare must be better in any case...

@Kikoslive

Thanks for this build ! It's very nice to play again a FNM build (the last one was an homemade build for the Ascendancy Beta... nerf at release ^^') Very powerfull during the leveling phase, I have carried a mate during the whole Merciless... I have seen no difference at all ! XD

Great job ! ;)

Hey , glad you enjoy it :)
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Thanks for taking your time to respond in helpful way.
"
But yes you are right 151% life is really not that much , it was also my biggest issue, and I will try to find a way to solve that. My old build had 6.1k life which was good.

I still haven't decided if I want to invest much more currency into this build. I kinda just bought couple of good rares with life and resists so I cap resists and don't get one shot.

"
One thing I noticed is that you didn't invest 3 points in growth and decay, which is huge. It's 2% lifereg.

I really don't like that cluster. I will probably skip it. 2% health regen for 3 points and no other valuable bonuses seems kinda bad choice in my eyes.

Voll's Vision might be great. I'll test it in few maps to see how it feels.

"
You still have to take the cri cluster at witch (annihilation).

I somehow completely forgot about that cluster. With 6 link I think damage should be fine. My main goal is to invest as little as possible to get the character strong enough to clear up t15 maps comfortably so I can farm some currency.

"
Btw. what is your tooltip damage? How much crit you have while 3 or 4 power charges are active?

Tooltip seems very inaccurate. I'm not sure how to check dps.

With 5 link (controlled destruction) and 0 power charges: average damage is 2250
With 5 link (inc crit) and 0 power charges: 2100 average damage
With 5 link (controlled destruction) and 3 power charges: 2550 average damage.
With 5 link (inc crit) and 3 power charges: 2400 average damage.

EDIT: I've tested Voll's Vision in hardest map I had (crypt with ele weakness, extra cold and fire damage) and it feels much better than using rare helmet. It makes mines basically free to cast so you don't have to waste flask charges just to keep casting.
Last edited by vaan99 on Mar 7, 2017, 6:59:29 AM
Hi for first great build im lovin it:) i have question is that increased critical chance for spells aplly to nova trap mine?
While is true that we have less raw health, only like 4.5 k with some cheap gear, we also have like almost 2k shield too, so the effective HP is still around 6k.
"
vaan99 wrote:

I'm using FNM in 5 link but it has already started lacking damage in some cases. Maybe it's just me and I'm used to tier 1 builds. I'm not sure how to scale the damage more efficiently. It might just be my bad gear, any advice would be helpful.

I am playing it as well, I am currently levelling 84 on LHC and doing just fine, dps is still massive and my survivability is alright sitting at a 4.9k HP and 2.1k ES with a little block from shield optimized consumables etc.

I basically just rush through maps with shield charge fortify as if i was a melee character, the clearspeed is really fast and fluent, and I am slowly transitioning to crit.

The only awkward scenario I am in, is whether or not i'll be able to get enough crit as saboteur or have to give up saboteur to go assassin and lose a lot of QoL

Check my profile for my gear if you're curious..

Sorry for asking again but how do you deal with the strength requirements to use a big armor shield and to level up decoy totem etc?
"
Hi for first great build im lovin it:) i have question is that increased critical chance for spells aplly to nova trap mine?

yes it does

"
smallson1 wrote:
Sorry for asking again but how do you deal with the strength requirements to use a big armor shield and to level up decoy totem etc?

Just pick up 30 strength nodes if needed , you will be able to respec them later. I am sitting @ 224 strength right now.

I am using voll's vision now and the item is pretty pretty awesome, and super cheap !

Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 7, 2017, 10:31:57 AM
You keep mentioning how bad your weapon is in the video but never expand upon what ideal stats would be. Care to elaborate ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info