[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

You have some inefficiencies in your tree.

For example: around Cruel Preparation - taking the two Int nodes above it is better than taking the 3 Int nodes below (saving 1 point).

Also, have you considered the typical arc miner build (e.g.: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1627825/page/1) for possible improvements to build? Primarily focused around crit and Assassin vs Saboteur choice.

I feel like your mana issues for boss fights could be solved somehow (-8 Elreon rings perhaps)
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Dec 1, 2016, 3:38:45 PM
One simple question man.

What are u thinking about 5-6l Searing touch for this build and kaom as a chest?
"
How was the progression from normal to merciless, is it as fast as the maps you ran in the video, or did any of the bosses pose any real threat. Still looking at which class to play and this build is certainly a contender.

Just looking for that one build which can steam roll into merciless to gather the currency.

Thanks for sharing and look forward to a response.

The progression was pretty smooth, it's been some time but I think bosses died pretty fast. Without a 6l it won't be as fast as in the video but I did never regret to level with fire nova mine. I can't remember how much of a problem mana was though, while leveling.

"
Nostrademous wrote:
You have some inefficiencies in your tree.

For example: around Cruel Preparation - taking the two Int nodes above it is better than taking the 3 Int nodes below (saving 1 point).

Also, have you considered the typical arc miner build (e.g.: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1627825/page/1) for possible improvements to build? Primarily focused around crit and Assassin vs Saboteur choice.

I feel like your mana issues for boss fights could be solved somehow (-8 Elreon rings perhaps)

Thanks for taking the time and commenting on things to improve ! You are totally right about the tree, I changed it the way you said so we save 1 skill point. For the leveling part I left the skilltree with the 1 point more investigation so you reach the important templer nodes a few levels earlier. Later on it's easy to respec 3 points in order to save 1 skill point. Nice find !

I thought about going assassin in the first place. Assassin gives you a nice dmg-boost , tons of crit stuff. The thing is I prefer utitlity over more damage. You kill every white/blue/yellow mob group with one cluster of mines anyways. Even in tier 15 maps (at least once you have the helmet enchantment). For me Crit is a all or nothing thing. I think when you go assassin you should also invest into crit multiplier and crit chance in the tree. I just didnt see how I can spare any points.

Elreon rings/amu is actually a really good idea - since you dont have to use any uniques, it is really easy to cap your resist anyways. Using 3 x 8 Mana Elreon might help a lot with the mana issue.
I didn't do it because I just got used to vaal clarity being up 95% of map time.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 1, 2016, 4:04:02 PM
"
KikosLive wrote:
Elreon rings/amu is actually a really good idea - since you dont have to use any uniques, it is really easy to cap your resist anyways. Using 3 x 8 Mana Elreon might help a lot with the mana issue.

I didn't do it because I just got used to vaal clarity being up 95% of map time.

-24 mana (2x rings, 1 amulet) = 12 mana per cast for Fire Nova Trap. Times your 6L multipliers will become 59 mana, compared to your 177 mana per cast.

At 59 mana you can probably just run normal Clarity (non-Vaal) and save yourself picking up EB keystone.

You can also reduce mana farther through more jewels which you could really use.

Just thoughts...
Nostrademous
"
PlayArcher wrote:
One simple question man.

What are u thinking about 5-6l Searing touch for this build and kaom as a chest?

Hi my friend,

in the first place this is a budget build, buying a kaom kinda defeats the purpose. If you wanna put in some money I'd rather play another build to be honest, one that easily can do guardians + shaper.

However, the idea of searing touch + kaom is not bad at all. The thing with searing touch is you don't need the burning damage. The other stats are pretty good though. Cast speed is also really good with fire nova mine since it makes your waves go faster. If I go for a 2h , I would probably go for a +3fire with cast speed.

There is one huge bad thing about going 2h though : You won't be able to use shield charge !
Shield charge in my opinion is one half of what makes the build so effective. That alone is enough reason for me to never go 2h with this build. If you wanna rely on Leap Slam, it will drastically reduce your clear speed.

A kaoms is nice of course, but you will probably miss out on the cwdt-setup,portal and stone golem.
Defensive wise it would probably be ok to trade the shield slot for a 500 life chest.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 1, 2016, 4:46:57 PM
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
KikosLive wrote:

-24 mana (2x rings, 1 amulet) = 12 mana per cast for Fire Nova Trap. Times your 6L multipliers will become 59 mana, compared to your 177 mana per cast.

At 59 mana you can probably just run normal Clarity (non-Vaal) and save yourself picking up EB keystone.

You can also reduce mana farther through more jewels which you could really use.

Just thoughts...

This is very smart. I will include it on the first page. I never knew how to calculate the final mana cost. So you take the mana cost of FNM gem , substract 24 Mana and then times all the multipliers of your sup gems?
"
KikosLive wrote:
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
KikosLive wrote:

Just thoughts...

This is very smart. I will include it on the first page. I never knew how to calculate the final mana cost. So you take the mana cost of FNM gem , substract 24 Mana and then times all the multipliers of your sup gems?

That is my understanding; however, I do not play this game all that much so best to double check with more experienced players. I will say though that I used to play a 0-mana cost Incinerate build based on this principle and thus could reserve my full mana pool for auras/curses.

As I recall it wasn't too bad to get to 100+ mana regen with some decent gear once Clarity was above lvl 16 (this is on other chars I used to play). Which should solve your mana problems all together.

Finally, I'm debating if picking up EE to trigger using Orb of Storms or Vortex would be good for those hard bosses. Might slow your mapping down though... but then again you don't have to cast it when you don't need to.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Dec 1, 2016, 4:27:48 PM
"
Nostrademous wrote:

That is my understanding; however, I do not play this game all that much so best to double check with more experienced players. I will say though that I used to play a 0-mana cost Incinerate build based on this principle and thus could reserve my full mana pool for auras/curses.

As I recall it wasn't too bad to get to 100+ mana regen with some decent gear once Clarity was above lvl 16 (this is on other chars I used to play). Which should solve your mana problems all together.

Finally, I'm debating if picking up EE to trigger using Orb of Storms or Vortex would be good for those hard bosses. Might slow your mapping down though... but then again you don't have to cast it when you don't need to.

Hm I am sceptical about proccing EE. Maybe for guardians and endgame lab it might be worth it. The thing is: Mana cost was the only problem that hindered me from doing t16+ stuff. So when this prob is solved, proccing EE might really make sense.
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 1, 2016, 4:35:04 PM
"
KikosLive wrote:
"
Nostrademous wrote:

Hm I am sceptical about proccing EE. Maybe for guardians and endgame lab it might be worth it. The thing is: Mana cost was the only problem that hindered me from doing t16+ stuff. So when this prob is solved, proccing EE might really make sense.

I'm with you... let's solve the mana issue ( I have not way to test it currently, maybe once league starts tomorrow ). Then see if you can do all content...

I don't know if suggestions thus far solve the mana issue. You do have access to 4 jewel skill points within 8 passive skill points. Could easily pick up another 16-20% mana reduction to skills if mana is still an issue.
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:

I'm with you... let's solve the mana issue ( I have not way to test it currently, maybe once league starts tomorrow ). Then see if you can do all content...

I don't know if suggestions thus far solve the mana issue. You do have access to 4 jewel skill points within 8 passive skill points. Could easily pick up another 16-20% mana reduction to skills if mana is still an issue.

Well if you leave in Eldritch Battery, and you have Zealots Oath and your stone golem up. Mana Reg is really strong. I think with a 59 Mana cost, you could spam all day.

I dont really have the elreon stuff to test in on standard. Most of the time I gift all my stuff to other people once i am burned out on a league, because I usally don't care about standard.
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 1, 2016, 4:52:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info