[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

Hey Kikos, sad to hear you died mate, hope you're doing alright - my question is when do you think its feasible to respec for assassin? I want to try and do uber and other bosses in endgame, i am getting closer to 80 and i have the uniques you suggested and i am starting to get crit from tree

will it suck dick for maps as assassin? have you tested it?

cheers for the guide
Hey man. Sorry to hear that your character died. But I do find the character to be a little squishy as well.

Anyway, 1 more question. What's the use of doedre's damning? I tried triple cursing and it requires 105% mana, so I need to go grab some reduced mana reserved from the tree?

Or is it for something else? Let me know, thanks
Hey guys, this was my first miner/trapper and used this build as a basis, I’ve had decent success and fun with it so wanted to contribute back.

Gear:

Used temporal chains to level, squishier without it but I like assassin's mark.

Tree: http://poeplanner.com/AAYAANs2AABrA3UEBwSzBx4I1A5IDo4PxBEvEZYTgxZvFr8abB8CIvQjXySqJpUqCysKMhg2PTbFNuk7fDwFPV9BlkV8SVFJsUyzUlNTMVVLVcZd8l8EYeJirGwLbIxtGXBRcFJ2b36wf8aCm4PbidOKBow2j_qTJ5Uul5WXl5f0mjudY52qna6f36BDoqOnCK6zswO0OLTFtUi3dbjKuZPAZsHFwfPDCdD11abXz9gk2FTb5-Nq5CLlGetj6_XtPO4V73zviPDV8PnyHfk3-_WiAPAfaPJiT5uauQbJBgAAAAAA

I’ve experimented with curses and found temp chains/enfeeble to be best for general use and assassins mark after you go crit on tree. Power charges are godlike for this build, I went saboteur but imagine assassin being good too.

Stone Golem is pretty mandatory when you get covenant, I started using a decent rolled Windscream at 42. Decoy & AA are extra but you can have AA running + 2 curses.

I mostly farmed strong boxes, so to make sure I didn't get chilled/frozen while planting mines I switched to Hrimnor’s Resolve, i'd say its just a good unique for this build in general.

Avoid tempest, bloodlines, ground effect maps like your life depends on it, I did them for challenges but they force your positioning and punish hard.

Ranged Damage can be deadly, shield charge helps a lot, I eventually had to put enfeeble in CWDT setup too.

I’ve found that planting mines, baiting bosses & heavy hitters to them is best way to kill quickly and be safe. We’re really squishy up close but can kill them by timing the mines right, they're usually off screen though.

I'll be working on my main character now, but I'd say its possible to upgrade everything and take the build far endgame.

I met no other miners, people were surprised seeing me.

Overall it’s a fun and challenging league starter, I wouldn’t recommend to newer players though, especially HC. Some fights can be hell without knowing how to plant safely and mob mechanics.
Last edited by Eclaer on Mar 5, 2017, 11:03:45 PM
"
Bubello123 wrote:
Hello i play in ssf league , so lov chances get that armor , the Covenant chest piece . now got only 2.1k hp in act 1 merciless at lvl 58 . i want more hp .help

Ok, I took a look at your character and the most important pieces of gear that you need to switch out are gloves, chest , rings and shield, they have way to less life. Since you play ssf it can be hard, I know. Do all the Haku/Elreon Master missions and try to make use of their hideout benches.

"
Staehren wrote:
Hey Kikos, sad to hear you died mate, hope you're doing alright - my question is when do you think its feasible to respec for assassin? I want to try and do uber and other bosses in endgame, i am getting closer to 80 and i have the uniques you suggested and i am starting to get crit from tree

will it suck dick for maps as assassin? have you tested it?

cheers for the guide

As soon as you switch to crit, you could also switch to assassin. Assassin gives you so much crit that I would probably take out a few crit nodes and get a bit more life in the tree. The other templar life cluster for example.

The build won't suck dick, but your aoe will be smaller and the build will feel a bit more clunky to play. So it will feel like when you leveled , so before cruel lab.

"
bawwb wrote:
Hey man. Sorry to hear that your character died. But I do find the character to be a little squishy as well.

Anyway, 1 more question. What's the use of doedre's damning? I tried triple cursing and it requires 105% mana, so I need to go grab some reduced mana reserved from the tree?

Or is it for something else? Let me know, thanks

Hm, I was only lvl 78 and I must say I didn't feel squishy at all, I just went full retard in the last boss room of Merc Lab and got hit by traps + all abilities of Izaro. I can't look at your character (your profile is set to private) but when you get a good amount of life on all pieces of gear you should be fine. Also I'd go for a 1300+ armour shield with life.

You don't go for triple curse. The doedre's damning ring is to free up 5 tree points that you spent for whispers of doom. You will need those points when you go crit. You could also try to get a +1 curse amulet, but they are expensive.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 5, 2017, 11:13:21 PM
"
Eclaer wrote:
Hey guys, this was my first miner/trapper and used this build as a basis, I’ve had decent success and fun with it so wanted to contribute back.

Gear:

Used temporal chains to level, squishier without it but I like assassin's mark.

Tree: http://poeplanner.com/AAYAANs2AABrA3UEBwSzBx4I1A5IDo4PxBEvEZYTgxZvFr8abB8CIvQjXySqJpUqCysKMhg2PTbFNuk7fDwFPV9BlkV8SVFJsUyzUlNTMVVLVcZd8l8EYeJirGwLbIxtGXBRcFJ2b36wf8aCm4PbidOKBow2j_qTJ5Uul5WXl5f0mjudY52qna6f36BDoqOnCK6zswO0OLTFtUi3dbjKuZPAZsHFwfPDCdD11abXz9gk2FTb5-Nq5CLlGetj6_XtPO4V73zviPDV8PnyHfk3-_WiAPAfaPJiT5uauQbJBgAAAAAA

I’ve experimented with curses and found temp chains/enfeeble to be best for general use and assassins mark after you go crit on tree. Power charges are godlike for this build, I went saboteur but imagine assassin being good too.

Stone Golem is pretty mandatory when you get covenant, I started using a decent rolled Windscream at 42. Decoy & AA are extra but you can have AA running + 2 curses.

I mostly farmed strong boxes, so to make sure I didn't get chilled/frozen while planting mines I switched to Hrimnor’s Resolve, i'd say its just a good unique for this build in general.

Avoid tempest, bloodlines, ground effect maps like your life depends on it, I did them for challenges but they force your positioning and punish hard.

Ranged Damage can be deadly, shield charge helps a lot, I eventually had to put enfeeble in CWDT setup too.

I’ve found that planting mines, baiting bosses & heavy hitters to them is best way to kill quickly and be safe. We’re really squishy up close but can kill them by timing the mines right, they're usually off screen though.

I'll be working on my main character now, but I'd say its possible to upgrade everything and take the build far endgame.

I met no other miners, people were surprised seeing me.

Overall it’s a fun and challenging league starter, I wouldn’t recommend to newer players though, especially HC. Some fights can be hell without knowing how to plant safely and mob mechanics.

Thank you for your input :)

I really like some ideas.

The wind scream boots

I totally forgot that those exist. They have 10% less ms so I probably would still choose the doedre but if you want to minmax damage it's probably better to go for the windscream boots.

Hrimnor

Also really a nice item - I like it.

There is one thing you forgot about though - DECOY TOTEM. It is even better than your double curse setup and trivializes 90% of fights. I can really only recommend you to make use of it wherever possible. It gives you time to plant mines, and you won't be busy dodging stuff.

About stone golem. Your gear is pretty good and your life pool should be high enough to give you enough life regen. I was lvl 78 and my gear wasn't as good as yours and Life always filled up even while spamming.
EDIT: Ah ok, I see the prob, get "Death and Decay" - cluster in your tree and you should be fine. I know it sucks to spend 3 points for 2% life reg, but it will help out a lot.

One last thing: Try to get a sceptre with ele damage to spells , it will boost your damage by a lot.
Here is the search i am using for a rare weapon. You might have to switch it to your league.

http://poe.trade/search/enomokiometore
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 5, 2017, 11:28:48 PM
"
KikosLive wrote:

One last thing: Try to get a sceptre with ele damage to spells , it will boost your damage by a lot.
Here is the search i am using for a rare weapon. You might have to switch it to your league.

hey kikos ever thought about consuming dark to convert to chaos damage? or is that not necessary since we cannot be gimped by reflect, what is your thoughts?
Hey, uses this build since league starts!

Its really great and up to t5 still no problem with 2c equip!
never tried t5+ but im sure that i can do it too !

thank u !
"
Staehren wrote:
"
KikosLive wrote:

hey kikos ever thought about consuming dark to convert to chaos damage? or is that not necessary since we cannot be gimped by reflect, what is your thoughts?

I need to make a FAQ section lol :D Many people asked me that question. I tried it out in essence, and it sucked. You have to invest points in order to scale your chaos damage or its just not worth it. Also you would want to use double consuming which is bad for survivability and your movement.

And as you said, we can't die on reflect anyways.
"
Staehren wrote:
"
KikosLive wrote:

I need to make a FAQ section lol :D Many people asked me that question. I tried it out in essence, and it sucked. You have to invest points in order to scale your chaos damage or its just not worth it. Also you would want to use double consuming which is bad for survivability and your movement.

"
KikosLive wrote:
"
Staehren wrote:
"
KikosLive wrote:

yeah i figured, was just curious, what do you feel about doryani's vaal sceptre? huge ele damage boost

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info